2020-10-14 16:53:34

@simba
There is a Mac version of the mod. I do not have a mac so I cannot confirm that it works. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ … 2254164037

2020-10-18 01:24:20

Hey guys. For today's update I had cleaned up the help function a bit and moved it and the tutorial to a json file and set it up so potential translations would be possible. My plan right now is to just translate the text connected to the base game, help and tutorial, and leave my mod notes English for now as more notes could be added later. I also only plan to alter descriptions and not commands as altering commands would involve change a lot more code than is worth it.

2020-10-18 07:32:09

Thank you for your continuous work on this, Wensber.
I am still playing, and honestly I have a lot of fun with this mod.
Haven't yet managed to beat the entire spire, though...
guess need more time and better luck.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2020-10-18 14:35:10

hi all, so, when I am subscribing to the mods what do I do? I am signed in to steam and I hit subscribe on say, bass mod, but where is the actual JAR file?

2020-10-18 17:35:01

@wlomas
From your steam location, if you are on windows its likely in Program Files (x86), the jar files are in Steam\steamapps\workshop\content
From there the folders are named based on their workshop number. This level the numbers are for games. Slay the Spire is 646570. After that there is a folder for every mod you subscribe to with the jars they come with.
This info is more important for confirming they are downloaded. ModTheSpire automatically checks these locations for mods. The next step is after running mts-launcher.jar, a window will appear with a play button and a list of unchecked mods. You might not be able to see the list but you should be able to find a check all button.
If you really want to fix the issue of not seeing the list, you try to use ReadTheSpire along with turning on the java access bridge. There is a more detailed explanation somewhere in this forum. I'll go look for it.
After you check the mods you want to use, hit play. Any future times you run mts-launcher.jar, the same mods will be loaded and you just need to hit enter.

2020-10-18 17:39:19

@wlomas
Found the comment. This is after turning on the java access bridge.
If you have rts.exe installed, open it, then shift tab once to the list, then use your NVDA numpad 2 to go into the list, then press that keystroke again to find the checkbox, use NVDA plus numpad enter to click it and it will be unchecked. using NVDA plus 4 and 6 will move you through the list of mods but you'll hear 1 of, then the amount of mods, to find out what the mod is, NVDA 2 into the mod, then NVDA 6 until you here the name.

2020-10-18 19:04:04

Hi Wenspire, Thank you so much for this, how do I turn on the java access bridge? Need to first of all, just see if the mods have actually downloaded, since on the pages for them I just see "subscribe" not "subscribed" to the mods, so need check the folder. Will find the laptop equivalents of what you have found for me, for laptops.

2020-10-18 19:09:27

hi ok, when have checked the mods, if they all there, how do I set the location for RTS to find the mods directory thank you all for help.

2020-10-18 20:38:09

@wlomas
If you haven't already, check out the readme for Read the Spire. https://github.com/pitermach/ReadTheSpire
If it can't find the directly on its own, point it at the main Slay the Spire directory.

2020-10-18 21:29:17

hi, ok, so none of  mods, have downloaded! so, when I am on the page for any of the mods, and I select the "subscribe" link, what do I do to initiate the download of that mod to the workshop folder, as you, and the readme describe?

2020-10-19 00:25:24 (edited by blindndangerous 2020-10-19 00:26:03)

Nothing. Press subscribe, and if the mod isn't subscribed once you click it a message pops up below the subscribe link that says that you may need to restart the game for it to take effect.  From their, launch mod the spire and check the boxes.

2020-10-19 02:31:44

@wlomas
I have experienced sometimes that subscribed mods only downloaded when the steam client is open, not just logged in. It also takes some time. If that doesn't work, try unsubbing and resubbing.

2020-10-19 07:05:20

When I select subscribe though, even with the steam client open, it is not showing me a download progress for any mod, nor am I able to see an unsubscribe option, even if it has worked. will just wait a while for eachmod but thought the mods were small?

2020-10-19 08:36:47 (edited by Wensber 2020-10-19 08:37:14)

@wlomas
The steam client auto downloads mods so you will not get a popup. The download is just Workshop Content which covers all mods. The Subscribe button will change to Subscribed which is what you click to unsubscribe.

2020-10-19 10:06:59

@wlomas when you click the subscribe link and if nothing happens check the very bottom of the page for a possible error message. It is possible that such a message appears but since the accessibility on that page is not perfect your screen reader does not get the information that a message has appeared. You just have to know that it might appear and check it from the bottom of the page. Possible errors are for example that you are not logged in or you are trying to subscribe to a mod which requires another mod. For example you have to first subscribe to modthespire and only when that is done can you subscribe to basemod.

2020-10-19 12:46:26

Thank you for the last two posters comments. When I click subscribe, no errors are appearing, except as has been stated if I select the wrong model first. It’s so baffling! I go onto the page for mod the Spire, but when I click subscribe no errors or occurring, if I go to base mod first, then it will say that mod the Spire is required first.

2020-10-19 13:01:26

You should have an option to continue regardless of any other required mods.

2020-10-19 13:03:31

Thank you for the last two posters comments. When I click subscribe, no errors are appearing, except as has been stated if I select the wrong model first. It’s so baffling! I go onto the page for mod the Spire, but when I click subscribe no errors or occurring, if I go to base mod first, then it will say that mod the Spire is required first. now, I don't even see the workshopñumber in the folder mentioned so nothing is working, assume something is blocking these from downloading, I am logged in to steam, the client is open, my subscribe link, is not changing to unsubscribe, and, if I start with mod the spire which has a shortcut on my desktop so must have already gotten that, it has an error dialogue which I can't even read. I don't want refund the title just want to play! frustrating, as the actual game loads, have tried the main slay the spire title, just note the mods are like 1 to 2 meg each from what can tell, so not big. very very odd.

2020-10-19 16:20:32

@wlomas
See if you can get a screenshot of the error so I can take a look.

2020-10-19 17:03:58 (edited by Agent47 2020-10-19 17:04:22)

hi, guys, the gog  link gives a 404 error

"But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain,
ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker?  Did you ever wonder what
made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?"

2020-10-20 22:19:44

hey is it possible you can make the Thorton mod accessible? Specifically the run mechanic which you can only read via OCR right now.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ … irelogin=1

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2020-10-21 20:53:35 (edited by Jonnyboy1991 2020-10-21 20:54:54)

Hello there, I recently got hooked on this game and I love it! Now I've ran into a problem. When I got everything working a few days ago, I was able to navigate the mod launcher just fine with NVDA and object nav, now I can't even do that any more. I've tried enabling java access bridge and restarting but even that didn't work. I updated windows like yesterday so don't know if that has anything to do with it. I don't know if this matters, but I got the game on steam. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2020-10-22 02:07:23

@Jonnyboy1991
Selected mods should be remembered from last time so unless you want to change which mods to use you can just hit enter.
If you do want to use mods, worst case scenario you could just subscribe and unsubscribe, and use check all which should be clickable even if you can't see the list of mods. Do note that constantly changing subs is sketchy as several people have run into issues with subbing not working right.
There was a previous comment that mentioned that ReadTheSpire can help you navigate the ModTheSpire window. I'll copy it here:

If you have rts.exe installed, open it, then shift tab once to the list, then use your NVDA numpad 2 to go into the list, then press that keystroke again to find the checkbox, use NVDA plus numpad enter to click it and it will be unchecked. using NVDA plus 4 and 6 will move you through the list of mods but you'll hear 1 of, then the amount of mods, to find out what the mod is, NVDA 2 into the mod, then NVDA 6 until you here the name.

2020-10-22 12:42:46

Hello, as stated before, when running the launcher, I cannot use object nav at all with NVDA. access bridge is enabled, and it was working just fine a few days ago. I don't know what else I can try. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling java, restarting my computer, I even tried to see if I couldn't restore my computer to an earlier time but alass, , I don't have any restore points so I can't do that. I've tried your suggestions above and still didn't work. I don't have replay the spire installed but that's one of the mods I'm thinking about getting to work. Yes, hitting enter on startup without doing anything launches everything just fine so that at least still works.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2020-10-25 17:37:28

@keyIsFull
Yesterday's update supported the Thorton mod. I didn't find much that didn't work out of the box so there were minor changes. Business Cards, Investments, and Run are displayed in Player. Card text removed theThorton tags. I did a glance over the new event's code and didn't see anything weird so they should all work but I didn't confirm in game. If you find anything that doesn't work let me know.