2020-10-18 03:54:13

Hey all,

So, these last few days, my Wi-Fi SSID keeps disappearing all the time. Sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes shorter than that. I'm using a ZTE router, I tried changing the Wi-Fi's channel to 1, 6, and 11 respectively, but it never works. Has anyone ever experiencing this same issue?

Thanks.

2020-10-18 06:39:39

Faulty router, faulty wi-fi adapter, or you're out of range.  Leave the channel set to autodetect, 99% of the time trying to play with that yourself isn't worth it.  Try the 2.5GHZ network if your router is a 5GHZ router that can do both, that can penetrate walls better.  You're not likely to get a solution here: it's probably hardware related, but it's definitely we'd have to be in front of your computer and router.  If you think that your computer is to blame, you can get USB wi-fi dongles for like $10.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-10-18 15:30:55

Sounds like it's crashing. I'd have to disagree about playing with channels and bandwidth. By doing so, I nearly doubled my 5GHz speeds and got more range out of my 2.4GHz side.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-19 02:57:22

Yeah, I thought the router is toasted or something. I Google the solution before posting a topic here. And the solution I found they said to change to channel setting if the number of Wi-Fi APN around you is too crowded

2020-10-19 03:15:21

Well, might sound kind of unrelated, but consider using ethernet when you are able. I see at least 40 networks on my pc, and with that interfeerance is garantied. Or, you could get an ax adapter and upgrade to an AX router, which is supposed to reduce congestion.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2020-10-19 03:29:49

Well, it seems to have calm down for now. I don't know what the heck was wrong with it earlier. Probably the interference with other networks.