2020-09-19 07:13:54

Hi.
I have a Marantz retrocast USB microphone. When I first got it, I found the volume to be too low. So I used a program called Equalizer apo and PEACE to adjust the pre amplifying setting. I set it to full, however I now hear static. After googling, I found out it may have to do something with the gain of the mic. How can I adjust the gain using the two programs I mentioned above? When tabbing, I only hear edit boxes and the pre amplify box. Any help is appreciated.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-09-20 14:01:28

Sorry for double posting, but if anyone suggests a way that I can accomplish this with another program, that would also be great.

To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-09-25 09:03:43

*up*

2020-09-25 17:46:46

To change the gain of your microphone, go to Windows 10's sound dialogue, or type "mmsys.cpl" in the run dialogue and press enter.
Go to the recording tab, then click properties for the device you'd like to change.
Go to the levels tab, and adjust to your heart's content. I also recommend going to the listen tab and checking the box to listen to the active device. Make sure to apply the changes. Then, you can hear in real-time what your mic will sound like.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-09-26 04:19:53

@4. It is already at 100%. That is why  I use the two programs above in the OP. Those programs I found while googling. Now, I think I adjusted the pre amplify setting too much that is why I hear some static. My question is, how to adjust the gaine using the two programs above or another program like it?

2020-10-16 15:51:35

*up.* I'm still looking for a solution to this.

2020-10-17 00:14:10

doesn't your microphone come with a game dile on it?
if it doesn't you can use voice meter, but if you need a screen reader don't use it.

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-10-17 05:31:27

@7. unfortunately no. What do you mean by "If you need a screen reader don't use it"? Is it not accessible?

2020-10-17 12:58:54

no, not at all. I tryde using voicemeter, and it's just gonna waste your time if you use a screen reader. It's not accessible at all.

2020-10-17 16:35:18

@9. So what tool do you recommend then?

2020-10-17 17:43:51

that's the thing, voicemeter is the only good one that I know of. Your microphone should have a gain dile, but you could install virtuall audio cable have your signal boosted in something like reaper, and use that.