2020-09-18 02:24:36

I think the best thing to do when it comes to translation and voice acting is having screenreader and voice acting at the same time, with the posibility of disabling any of these. As someone sayd before, the japanese audiogame shadowline has this option and does so another audiogame called a hero's call.
Maybe it is so early for this, but I canofer my help to translate the game into spanish in the future; I'm really excited to see what the future holds for this progect.

2020-09-18 03:26:41

I hope to be able to continue to play voice on the premise of supporting NVDA reading aloud. Dubbing in other languages is not necessarily required, but I hope it can be increased if I can, but this will increase the amount of resources. I want to know how many dubbing actors are needed.

ワタシともきです
My discord:
magical boy 卢毅#6383
Haha, I can't speak English or Japanese, so I always use translation to speak English and Japanese. I like to make friends very much. My Skype: luyi2013312,

2020-09-18 04:57:13

I like the idea of having NVDA being able to speak what's been said for other languages as long as the acting is left in as it's well done!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2020-09-18 05:57:05

hi, wow! um! this is cool, awesome, amazing! but, Is there a way to end the game other than dying to be attacked by the undead? because I think I found a strange transmited code thing on the radio, and yes, there's a phone in one of the houses. I also found a locked door.

game is my life, but life is not a game

2020-09-18 14:27:20

I think I found a few locked doors. Lol. Man. I want the full version of this one. It's very well done.

2020-09-18 20:28:02

Wow! I love it! Can't wait for the full version.

Hey, if you wanna chat, add me on discord.: VIPPotato#3363
or you can chat with me on telegram: https://t.me/VIPPotato
Regards, and take care.

2020-09-18 20:44:31

hi this does not open on mac, running catalina and tried disable gatekeeper but not working and why do you call it dead fright but then blind fright when the application is unzipped? dead, or blind? which is it lol. any idea how large  title will be, if exploring the west sideof the town, is chapter 1, will it just be 4 chaperters or is it outside the village too?

2020-09-18 22:52:22 (edited by k0rt4 2020-09-18 23:08:42)

Hi, k0rt4 here.

So I took your advice and uploaded the game to itch.io, here is the link: https://korta-interactive.itch.io/deadfright

Thanks for the clarity of how to approach translation and voice acting, definitely going for the option to have the voice actor and screen reader at the same time with the option of disabling either one.

#57 I’m a solo developer and the best approach to make this happen is to release it by chapters, I’m estimating 40 min for the first chapter, but could be less or could be more. And there are 16 characters and in total the word count is 3497. Right now I'm not sure what could be the problem on your mac you are the first reporting this. Ill keep an eye on that. Thanks.

2020-09-18 23:13:23

Hello friend, how are you? I hope everything goes well.

your game is absolutely incredible!
I have nothing to say about it or the game,
just answer what other people have said!
I hope it stays that way!
greetings from your blue friend.
great beautiful sound environment
  exploration, great sounds.
looking forward to the full version.

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2020-09-19 02:20:09

This is one of the best games that has come out since AHC.  I like the demo, liked what i played.  The 3d audio is the bomb, and its done very very well.  A key mapper sounds good also, And the fact that you can play this with a controler is bad ass.  When we fight the corpses would it be possible to have the ability to avoid their hits?  for longer survival.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2020-09-20 00:09:05

This thing is quite cool.
I really do like it so far.

2020-09-20 02:42:22

Can this DEMO complete chapter one? I keep finding the little girl.

ワタシともきです
My discord:
magical boy 卢毅#6383
Haha, I can't speak English or Japanese, so I always use translation to speak English and Japanese. I like to make friends very much. My Skype: luyi2013312,

2020-09-20 16:24:30

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program:

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

ワタシともきです
My discord:
magical boy 卢毅#6383

2020-09-20 19:13:44

That usually happens if you buttenmash alt f 4, although it  could be something else I supposed. Love the demo so far, Keap up the awesome work.

With the hero duty out of the way, I find myself venturing far far away...
And I encounters many allies to share our pays.
In an old land, we build ourselves a shelter...
And we proceeded to call it the kingdom crafter.

2020-09-21 16:09:44

for those who didn't notice, to an easter egg in the game.  in one of the rooms, to a radio that is squeaking.  if you interact with him, two radios will appear, in fact, there are 3, but only 2 of them matter.  the first is a very bizarre bell sound, and the other is a woman speaking numbers in a strange language, it must be Russian ,.  the bell radio is the famous UVB78 radio, which is a very bizarre radio, I think they are shortwave radio, the other is also

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...

2020-09-22 13:29:05

I'm very confused with this game when it comes to progressing the story. What else am I supposed to do as well as play hide and seek.

i may be tech mad, but i'm also audio games mad. be audio games mad with me laughing out loud.
Sam

2020-09-22 15:12:38

Hi,

Does this demo contain anything besides playing hide and seek?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-09-23 17:31:12 (edited by k0rt4 2020-09-24 02:21:38)

Hi everyone, k0rt4 here.

For those asking for the 32bit version, you can now download it at
https://korta-interactive.itch.io/deadfright

For those asking about the story of the demo, well, there is no story on the demo, there are elements that are part of the full story of the first chapter, but this demo was made to show the navigation, the 3d audio environments, the living corpses mechanics, etc. So, I added the hide and seek game to show all that.

The easter egg!!!! @zargonbr hahaha nice the other station besides the UVB78 is also a famous and with a similar story.

Some news moving forward with DeadFright:

There is now a discord server where we can chat directly, so I invite you to join if you want to be in close contact with me and the development of the game.

You can join with this link: https://discord.gg/D8Rk87m

And the demo will be available on steam soon, I will let you guys now so we can bring traffic there, all this is very helpful to make this a real thing.

I’m very grateful with your support and comments, I will still keep in touch here, but for those more interested I'll see you guys on Discord!

2020-09-26 00:06:51 (edited by defender 2020-09-27 00:36:16)

I finally got around to trying this today and it's really cool!
I do wish you could use right shift for running as well though, and that map borders made a wall hit sound of some type.
Being able to hear sleep walkers through a wall or door quietly might be nice too.  Two of them were on either side of the church door and I went inside to wait for them to hopefully lose interest, but I had to step out to check.  Not so bad, but I do think that hearing them through the door might have been cool and creepy.
I find the clicks a bit annoying to be honest, and sometimes they seem to trigger for far away walls which I don't really want.  Maybe the click speed could be based on distance, and you could toggle the sound with a key?
I also got confused by that door to the room with the record player, because it opened automatically instead of working like the other doors did.

I love the sound design and the ability to turn during cutscenes by the way!  The number stations were a nice touch, though more creepy if you don't know what they are I'm sure.

I personally would have liked to have everything explained in the tutorial rather than via messages in the first chapter, because they kept interrupting my gameplay and it wasn't always obvious what triggered them because unlike a tutorial map where things are presented one at a time, I was distracted by all sorts of other things.
I also found it odd that I didn't find any sleep walkers in houses, though maybe that was just luck.  I think it might have been cool if the baby or it's mother attacked me when I got close for instance.
Next month I'll definitely be donating to this, and if I can help in any other way, please let me know.

2020-09-26 17:25:28

Not sure if this is what you are talking about defender but in the pub with the record player I'd often end up in the bathroom cause it opens automaticly and there's no door sound. The pub it's self also just opens automaticly so it could be that too.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2020-10-13 09:18:45 (edited by k0rt4 2020-10-13 09:19:06)

It's Alive!

Hi Everyone, k0rt4 here I'm happy to announce that DeadFright is now live on Kickstarter!!!

Link to the campaign here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/k0rt4/deadfright

I worked very hard to set up the Kickstarter campaign for the game. I've put a lot of thought and care into every aspect of it. From the story description, to the budget, the project timeline, rewards, stretch goals, etc. Nothing has been done lightly, I have invested all my time and resources on this campaign until I felt it was perfect. But it will be very helpful to get you feedback about it, since you guys are the most important community for the game.

Also I took the liberty to thank you guys and added some of your most uplifting comments about the demo at the end.

I am so thankful to have you guys, please help me spread the word, share it with all your friends and family so together we can make the full version of the game a nightmare come true!

Thank you once again and please keep in touch!

PS: I’ll be sending a call to action email to those who downloaded the demo, so my apologies for the spammy.

2020-10-13 10:44:25

Will definitely support this project. Is there kickstarter deadline?

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2020-10-13 12:43:13 (edited by nyanchan 2020-10-13 12:43:24)

Sorry, found it on the kickstarter page.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2020-10-13 13:00:26

I'm afraid my one worry here, is the same with every audiogame kickstarter there's ever been.
it doesn't matter how good the project, how well written the page, how well advertised, i've never seen one audiogame kickstarter work out.
this is because most sighted gamers are just not interested in audiogames, and the audiogames community is just too small to generate this sort of cash, much less this sort of cash in the time required.
Grail to the thief, three monkeys, even star traders 2, they have literally never! worked out at all, not for lack of commitment from the community, or lack of dedication on the part of the developers, just because the economics do not make sense.

I will of course do what I can, I'll write up some news for the front of site, and throw in some cash myself, however I very much hope there is an alternative planned if the kickstarter does not succeed.

For a start, have you considered utilising members of this community for things like voice acting or even music, the way the developers of audio wizards did? (my lady and I would be glad to contribute to that ourselves).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-10-13 14:12:43

@74
A Hero's Cal and, more recently Pitch Black.  Other than that though I completely get where you're coming from.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***