2020-10-03 21:09:26

Hi community, I've heard success when people change the NVDA sounds within the waves directory in the root NVDA install directory. However, whenever I replace sounds (browseMode.wav and focusMode.wav) in this case, NVDA just plays the error sound when it is updated. I'm running the latest alpha of NVDA JP. What's going on hear?

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-10-03 21:37:27

Very odd, that doesn't happen here, are you sure they are valid wave files and not just ogg files with the extension changed? NV Access also broke nvwave.py but it does work here. I have an intire NVDA Sounds collection, which should be accessible from my profile under topics. Maybe try replacing with those and see if it still happens?

2020-10-03 21:42:32 (edited by Minionslayer 2020-10-03 23:29:12)

i'me recording them myself, then using Audacity to cut and export to my liking as Wave 16, 24, and finally 32. None of them have worked.
Also the link (https://www.dropbox.com/s/pn54jyjmn6z3l … s.zip?dl=1) that you provided in your topic throws a 404 error for me.
Edit: It works. Now I can have Microsoft Narrator's scan sounds for NVDA. I think some of the wrong options were used while exporting, but I've figured out which ones to use.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.