2020-10-01 14:35:15

Hello folks,
First please excuse any typo you may stumble across, I am writing this from my phone while I my laptop is getting a new hard drive (690 corrupt sectors) ouch!
It got me to thinking though, especially when it comes to computer upkeep, who can we trust? I for example used a program called cCleaner for a while, and there is also a program called HDTuner.
It made me think: wouldn’t it be super useful if the software archive, on top of having the main database also had separate pages that were dedicated to specific topics?
I was already going to do this for screen readers, but realise that is more a sighted/beginner computer user section,
To the same extent with magnifying software.
I was thinking that computer upkeep software EG defragmentation, SFC, hard drive care and such would be useful.
So my question is, considerting these software would be listed in the archive anyway, is this just an unnecessary extra step?
Is this something you would find useful, and additionally are their any other topics you could come up with that would be useful?

Clarity: These would ne pages that show say 5 pieces of software on a topic, such as computer upkeep, that can be trusted and are also accessible.
So! That’s my morning question for y’all and I look forward to responses.

P.S. I pick up the laptop today with a new drive, a super fast super swanky SSD this time, so I will fix any typo this evening!

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2020-10-01 17:22:44

Meh all you gonna get is arguments based on very little evidence.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united