2020-09-23 21:16:28

i have an issue with IOS 14.
I turned off quotation marks in the punctuation settings but now, when ever there's something in quotes like "hi", it'll say hi double quote.
is there a way to stop that?

2020-09-23 21:18:24

i think your using alex, for some reason it does that to me sometimes

2020-09-23 22:25:04

nope, i'm using danniel.
He's doing it every time.

2020-09-24 03:53:36

That happens with the default speech.

Add a second language to your rotor and use that instead until Apple fixes it.

2020-09-24 08:56:34

I can't, i can't speak any other language.

2020-09-24 10:54:17

But you can still add English to your rotor.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2020-09-24 17:51:45

@5 english is one of the options in their

2020-09-25 01:40:17 (edited by ignatriay 2020-09-25 01:41:37)

You should be able to fix it. Try this,
On your punctuation group, press add, then, in the punctuation field, go to numbers, and put in a quote, voiceover should say double open quotationark. On the rules, press ignore. Go back to the previous screen and press add again. This time, in the punctuation field, go once again to numbers and quotation mark, but put two quotationmarks next to each other, without any spaces. You should hear voiceover say, doubleopen quotationmark, for the first one, and, doubleclosing quotationmark for the second one. Now, switch your rotor to characters, and put the curser after  the doubleopening quotationark, and press delete. If you go by character, you should only see the doubleclosing quotationmark in the punctuation field. Once again, hit ignore in the rules, and go backt to the previous screen.
Your done. If your having the same problem with single quotationarks, do the same steps as above, but with apostrophe as the punctuation sign.

sound designer for mental vision, and Eurofly3.
take a look at
My freesound pageWhere I post sounds I record. ps: if you use my sounds, remember to credit me smiley

2020-09-25 17:56:44

The secondary languages allow you to add separate accents, so you could in theory still be using your same voice, just setting a different one temporarily as your primary language and Daniel as your secondary one.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.