2020-09-21 21:03:48

I don't generally like to write about anything too personal here, but this place feels like a second family oddly, and I was mildly curious all the same to see what answers I receive from this.
So as the title suggests, I'm suffering from the worst ailment out there... Namely, a constant blocked nose. I blow my nose regularly, but doing so too much produces blood, so that isn't doing me good. Even when I do blow my nose, it just fills up instantly. SoI'm not aware of any medical conditions that would be triggered by something around this time, and I haven't noticed a consistant pattern for this. Either way, if you guys have experienced similar, what ways have you found you can unblock your nose?

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-09-21 21:34:17

hi
May be alergies,
I don't think public forums are the best place to take medical advice. visit a doctor.
good luck.

"Stay hungry, stay foolish."

2020-09-21 21:49:37

If this has been a problem for only a couple of weeks or so, it may be a cold or an intolerance to something in your environment. It might also be a sinus infection.
If it's lasted a long time, and especially if there's pain involved, I recommend that you try and see a doctor. It may mean something more serious.

In the short-term, here are a couple of tricks for clearing nasal congestion. In no particular order:
1. Steam
A hot shower may help clear out clogged sinuses, but if you don't want to shower a bunch, you can also get a kettle, set it boiling, then put a towel partway over it and the other part of the towel over your head. Basically closet yourself under the towel with the boiling kettle; it might get a bit uncomfortable, but you'll also get a lot of steam.
2. Spice
Spicy food can sometimes clear out your nose like nothing else. I don't mean like Italian sausage and stuff; you'll have to crank up the heat a bit to make this work. If your nose runs, you're doing it right. Gross but true.
3. Mint
Eating mints or chewing minty gum may help clear your sinuses somewhat. Cough drops can also work as more short-term relief, since they often contain compounds to help with congestion.

All this having been said, nothing above is hard medical advice. Most of it is home-remedy-type stuff that works for me when I get congested. If your problem is a bigger one, this won't really do much good. Do not use the aforementioned sources of decongestion as a cure; at best, they're a stopgap for a problem that may need medical help.

Best of luck.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-09-21 22:20:32

Thanks guys. I for now don't think it's too important. It's only just started happening, and there's definitely no pain. I'll try out the ways you guys have recommended.
Cheers once again.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-09-22 00:43:16

You might also try boilding a pot of hot water, ucylyptus oil, and mental crystals, then leaving it in your room over night. The fumes should help clear yout your nose, and leave a refreshing smell in your room

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-09-22 04:32:53

If you have blood, that's not normal and you should talk to someone.  But if you don't, then:

If it's allergies take your pick of Claritin or generic, Allegra or generic, Flonase or generic, Benedryl or generic.  All safe and available on Amazon.  I'm on allegra and flonase, it works pretty well.  There's a few more out there.  If they help but not enough, go to a doctor; you might need something prescription.

If it's sinuses, you can do a sinus rince.  I buy this though apparently it's out of stock at the moment.  There's a ton of name brands, but you want a filtered one, otherwise you need to use distilled water.  You put a premeasured saline packet and warm water in it, and then basically shoot it up your nose.  Gross, but effective and a relatively common over the counter treatment, and can kill a sinus headache like you wouldn't believe.

For short-term congestion, Afrin is good.  Emphasis short-term.  You can't take it more than a few days in a row.

Anything more and you should really, really see a doctor.

This post brought to you by I moved to Seattle and it turns out Florida isn't the worst state for allergies if you're me.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-09-22 07:36:23 (edited by ogomez92 2020-09-22 07:37:55)

If there's blood and it's constant maybe get it checked out, but sometimes blood might appear if you bump your nose too much, the nose has really thin veins which are very fragile. Also get tested for covid, maybe, you can never be too cautious.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2020-09-22 09:12:08

a cup of tea might work. it always works for me

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-09-22 23:08:40

Hi,

If it's a cold or your occasional blocked nose, you should have ginger tea like maybe 3 4 5 times a day. This will kill the microbes  Inshallah. You might also wish to have some paracetamol   to speed up the recovery process. Regarding the Kovid test, bare in mind that wherever you live, getting tested can be a real hassle. In this case, what my advice would be to you is to be prepared for all scenarios just to be on the safe side.

2020-09-22 23:54:25

The blood may very well be the result of busted blood vessels in the nose. I've had this happen to me once before, back in early last December I believe. Embarrassingly enough as a result of a particularly violent sneeze. And we're talking, like, proper spirting. Blood fucking everywhere. I looked like I'd just murdered someone. Lol.

2020-09-23 13:38:12

Bloody Merry?

_____

2020-09-23 13:41:44

Haha, I've definitely heard that one before.

2020-09-23 13:48:30

at 11 and at 12
wel I only herd that joke on skullgirls or some other game, but I think I herd a kind of ritchual like that where you look in a mirror and summon some creepy being

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2020-09-23 13:51:18

yeah, it's one of those urban legends

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-09-23 14:20:34

Actually I think it was a reference to bloody Mary, a queen over on this side of the pond in the mid 1500s. Americans, spell that one out, ,the two names sound extremely similar with that accent.

2020-09-23 17:09:04

Wait. How is it pronounced? Mary, or merriee? If its mary then you probably got the most meem worthy name for yourself rofl

_____

2020-09-23 17:09:28

And yes.  was refurring to Queen Mary..

_____

2020-09-23 17:11:49

Hello,
@1: I used to be in similar situations too. I could have been emptying my nose the whole day, applying tons of everything possible, and it would always just get filled again, after about 30 seconds, no matter what I did.
It was like superannoying, especially when I wanted to sleep. Sleeping with full nose is... Something very, very unpleasant.

Luckily, I don't have to go through any of this anymore. That's because of Olynth HA.
I've tried various sprays, but thisone was the onlyone which actually really helped. I can have my nose stuck upto level, where I can't even breath through it. One application of this thing to each hole, and I not just get my nose completely cleared, but the next 20 minutes feel like I don't have cold at all.
The effect lasts then for few hours, during which my nose is basically free, I just have to blow it from time to time, what usually goes without any issues.

The spray is recommended to be used three times per day for one week. Not more, as it can get habitudinal when overused.
This is in fact a good idea to check for every spray in general.

I don't know in which countries is Olynth HA available, I saw one on Amazon, so I guess there is some kind of international availability.
But it doesn't necessarily need to be the only choice, these sprays are usually freely available without doctor's interaction as a general cure. You can simply go to your local apothecary and ask what are some good choices and try, whichone works best for you.

Best regards

Rastislav

2020-09-23 19:04:50

16, it's like, Mary but with a shorter E. Go listen to, like, any English person saying Merry Christmas ever as a reference point.

2020-09-24 10:41:20

There are also packets that contain a bar which has 8 small, circle shaped pill like things that you need to press down on to get one out and that are flavored(hot, orange, or lemon.) they are called Pestol.
They are usually used for throat issues, but they help with nose issues two. I used one just yesterday and it helped.
I believe  the hot ones help more even though they are hard to get used to since they burn a lot, but they seem to travel upwords, not just to the throat.
you don't swallow them immediately, you need to let them crack into tiny pieces for a while so you don't choke on them. I don't know if you can get hold of some, but here we have shops selling these things.

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators