2020-09-09 15:35:55

Hi all! I have some problem playing Alter Aeon. I do not get the text read in english. Well, the text appear in english, but my synthesizer reads it in swedish. I have tried with nvda, but nothing happened. I have downloaded the sound pack for the game which is mush client. The program that runs when I start the game is mush reader. I tried to install plugins for text to speech, and got the text spoken in english, but my synthesizer did not stop speaking.

2020-09-09 17:10:21

That is so weird. Thought the default was english.

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2020-09-09 17:37:04

Hi.
You shouldn't have had to download any plugins. If you downloaded the Mush installer from Alter's website, installing that client would install all needed accessibility plugins.
And it should be in English by default. Mine was when I installed it.
And you may want to open the file location from the desktop and run Updater.exe

2020-09-09 17:48:30

Ok, i will try to download it again. I get a option to  install jaws api, should I ignore that since I don't use jaws at all?

2020-09-09 20:28:30

Yes just make sure it's unchecked

2020-09-09 22:43:33

So I downloaded mush z from the alter aeon website again and I came to the jaws api installer, and I tried to uncheck the box,  but couldn't figure out how to do it with nvda. SO I pressed cancel and it downloaded somw files, but it ran into a error and some files didn't get downloaded. When it was finished, the game started and I still get the text spoken in  Swedish. I don't know how to stop the synth from Reading out the text.

2020-09-10 00:53:23

I installed the jaws stuff as it does not take much space up from the system.

2020-09-10 01:30:01

I don't get why it was giving you the errors. Maybe your drive doesn't have enough space?

2020-09-10 08:10:16

Hi.
What is exactly the issue you are having when installing mush Z? What makes you unable to finish the installer?
Maybe sapi is used in your current setup. If a swedish voice is selected as your default speech in the text to speech settings in Windows, then you'll get it in swedish if your program uses sapi. But getting Mush Z installed correctly should solve the issue, because that does work with NVDA.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-09-10 15:35:19

@slj, I can get through the installation process fine and get to the window where it asks if I want to install  jaws api, and I try to uncheck it, but can't find the right key with nvda. Then it starts to update the files, but when it is almost finished, it just switches to changelog text and when I use alt tab to go back to the updater, it is just empty. SO I can't update it correctly. And when I try to run the updater from the mush z folder, nothing happens. I do Believe I have Swedish as my default language in text to speech, but I will try to change it. How can I get to the settings for text to speech?

2020-09-10 18:12:14

Go into the control panel

2020-09-10 20:26:16

Checking and unchecking boxes is usually done with the space bar

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2020-09-10 22:58:54

Which option should i choose from the controlpanel to find the text to speech?

2020-09-11 00:26:27

I think it's just labeled as TTS options. Just search TTS in the edit box and it should be like the first or second option

2020-09-11 00:44:29

I can find the options, but do not know how to set the primary language.

2020-09-11 08:01:52

That sounds weird. Switching your sapi voice to english won't make it work with NVDA. I'm not sure on what causes the issue you are having.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-09-11 14:44:41

Yeah, i don't know what is causing the issue. I really want to play, but if i can't get the text spoken in  English, it will be hard for me. I go through the setup when I download mush z and uncheck the jaws api installer. When it is updating, it gets to 96 percent done and then just jumps to changelog. When I go back to the updater, it is just empty. COuld there be Another updater that i am missing? And also when I finished the setup and launched alter aeon, it said some files from the World folder were missing. I seriously have no idea why I can't get the game text in English.