2020-08-25 01:02:53

So....yep something I'm wondering since I decided fire magic's where it's at....I'm now getting my butt kicked every duel. Did I seriously mess up by going str 4 agi 4 and rest of my points into magic skills and ditching the swords entirely?

I'm wondering if it'd help if I went back to leather armor or tried chainmail. Also I'm a little lost on a few of the quests though, like the clean the tavern one, I assumed I'd need cheese for the bait for the trap, but....no luck, and nothing super obvious in the info leaps out at me.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2020-08-25 13:26:00

JaceK, North of recall, The boy should give you an hint. Have you done his quest?

"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win. They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes."

2020-08-25 20:04:39

I'm up to 30 achievement points..now need to work on 30 prestige now...need ways to get prestige quickly. Yes, killing things...

Also on Linux natively

2020-08-25 22:29:44

I'm not that bad of a team mate it turns out. Retooled my build into set fire to /everything/ and it works okay. Until I run into bears, that is. Or things that do physical damage, then thud

Also on Linux natively

2020-08-27 15:46:03

Any luck with the soundpack for this one?

Also I'm now torn over what I want for my build. I like the idea of slicing as fast as is possible to stack up effects and activating them...but....

Also on Linux natively

2020-08-28 17:55:09

I started playing this last night and i am now kind of stuck with this one quest with the house on the south east on the town.

2020-08-28 18:24:38

One of the players told me they had a soundpack that was almost usable and ready for distribution. I'm just waiting for them to get back to me. I had planned on making one myself, but if there's something already available that would be better.

2020-08-28 18:29:21

Wow, that would be awesome!

2020-08-28 19:14:48

@Hollis:

I asked Frastlin on the game and I'm not sure if you're on about the same one, but the response I got back was it's only for one build.

Also already sent this in via the idea command, but I ran into this while beating up on dire wolves with Marton earlier, it was tough keeping up on TT++ with all the group actions, like Marton's/NPC he brought with him. I've suggested a toggle or something to sort that since I'm not about to dive into TT++'s config and scripting for it.

Also, when brief is on, can we have a bit about if there's any resources, like the shining/flecks/etc when the full descs are on or?

Also on Linux natively

2020-08-28 19:55:08

Something started is easier to adjust and expand.
I'm not really sure how one pack will work for all though.

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2020-08-28 22:28:49

yep I was able to complete the quest and i am liking what i see so far

2020-08-29 01:34:09

@JaceK:

You might want to look at config combattext if you're getting too much spam in group battles.

2020-08-29 17:47:54

Thought I replied to it earlier, but....it seems better today. It was insanely fun doing the arcane tower quest and even though we failed...was still amazing fun.

Also on Linux natively

2020-09-01 01:30:34

If you send me an email, I can give you the triggers for what I have, but the code is not super pretty, it's only for VIP Mud, and I took most of the sounds from:
https://www.materiamagica.com/support/downloads.html 
Go to the heading that says "Sound Packs" and download the MP3 version.

I'm not sure how licencing works for something like this, and I don't know how licenses work if I'm using commercial sounds I bought a licence to.

I have been playing way too much of this game LOL, it's way too addictive and I'm not even participating in all the excitement around the new hand-to-hand fighting moves that have come out.

This is one of those games where you feel like you're doing something important, as soon as you're done with the quests in the town. There's no level grinding. What makes this game even more interesting, is that all players make something called a lair, and it's one of the core mechanics that you loot treasure from their hoards. There are some hoards that get looted almost as fast as they reset, and there are others that never get looted.

If you're looking for a MUD with endless options for fighting builds, a mud where you can build your own castle other people will visit, or a crafting system that is very useful and well-done, then ConQuest is where you want to b.

2020-09-02 01:59:57 (edited by JaceK 2020-09-02 02:03:15)

Hang on. What new hand to hand moves?

Do I need to make an arcanist that punches things now? I mean....open palm is good but...

Also yeah we make a good team, and I'm amazingly useful in boss fights it turns out. Water magic is amazingly good...but now I got arcane, yeeeeeeah
Also, I swear I saw your lair portal earlier. Was busy running the Lakeside Castle again...

EDIT:

Oh by the way, speaking of lairs, I'm making a boss rush sort. Enjoy going through wyverns and scorpions and harpies. I gotta go floor by floor or area by area. Enjoy ghoul portals. I'm that mean. I still need to collect a balor demon again....

Yeah that's one thing Frast didn't mention. You can collect mobs for your lair. Want a wyvern? Go out into the world, beat it up, hire it. And probably die. I'm terrified of black bears on Conquest. I do my normal pattern for arcane of shield/phase and still get mauled...>.>

Also on Linux natively

2020-09-02 18:14:43

I was thinking of giving this one a try. I know there are some magical options for abilities and I was wondering what there was fo explore right now in that area for skills.

I think I'll have trouble getting the equipment I need but with the degree of customization the game has going to give it a try.

Also, what would you recommend as a good strategy to fighting. Not so much skill sand such but just general attack and defensive patterns and such?

2020-09-02 18:55:23

I'm trying to get into this MUD but I'm having trouble selecting options. how do you create an acount?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-09-02 20:09:12

@41:

Dodge. Dodge like crazy. If you go magic, shield and take healing stuff. Or parry.

@42:

I don't recall creating an account but I went line by line and filled in what it asked for and got to playing

Also on Linux natively

2020-09-18 14:10:39

Hello. This mud is fantastic indeed. I feel like a pockemon player here, gonna catch em all for my lair, lol. I am enjoying myself being a swordsmen to fight, though getting very frustated by the gargoyle. Going to try the arcane magic, and still want to complete the nether magic quest but don't find anyone to help me yet. Anyway, it's very addicting!

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

2020-09-18 18:42:49 (edited by annellin 2020-10-03 08:04:27)

ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS!
Now conquest has sounds.
Basically,
THERE IS A LINK TO A PLAYER MADE SOUNDPACK!
Got your attention? good.
One of my friends made a soundpack, and the newest version can be found at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5uf500r990h02 … e.zip?dl=1
Edited my first post so when new updates come in you will have the link on the first page.
The sounds will slowly be changed to...more original ones, but for now the game will be easier to play with the current ones.

Also, Look for my character, Kaede if you need help or want to group.
I'm pretty active and having a lot of fun, and I love helping newbies get started.

"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win. They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes."

2020-09-18 23:58:58

Hi all, i start to play but i'm confused. How to navigate through the wilderness. Does mud have options such as achaea or imperian where you can type walk to and  your character automaticaly come to this location?

2020-09-19 01:45:15

@45:

And a portable one too, thank me for that asking Rayne in game for one since I was having nothing but issues with making the pack work with MUSH. You should know all about that. Oh shit, you'r Kaede...welp, you should work out who I am real easy by this post.

Soundpack's good, I just need to remember what is what sound wise...also yes, I can attest to how helpful you are on game, too. We got a good, helpful guild going in that regard

@45:

Not that I know of, no...but you can always bind recall stones to a location.

Alright, so. Can I unbind recall stones or something? I've one I want rid of, a copy of a lair one and I wanna rebind it without making a new one.

Also, how in the world are you supposed to deal with swashbucklers? Either I need insane parry, or insane dodge.

Also on Linux natively

2020-09-19 16:56:09

@47.
Lmao, I definitely know who you are.
I don't think you can unbind stones but i'll just send you some unbound stones because i have more jewels than i could possibly need.
@46, just reach out to kaede, my character and I will try to help you in game, because it depends where you want to end in the wilderness. I never got lost and believe me that says a lot.

2020-09-25 16:10:50

Hello all!
I'm back here to post the changelog if anyone is interested to know what was added.
Alister, the admin is open to suggestions and easy to talk to, so don't be afraid to give the game a try.
September 24
  * New command, locate, can be used to find the locations of lair guards
    with specific keywords (e.g., where all fire elemental guards are
    spawned)
  * History lair will now report when hoard items age
  * Some recipes that were previously treasure chest drops have been moved
    to world NPCs that did not have associated recipes
  * Made some minor tweaks to endless depths
September 23
  * More new recipes
  * Counter, retaliate, fend, riposte, slam, mighty blow, and attack of
    opportunity all deal double threat when they hit
  * Rearranged some ornament affects to assign some to the new traits
  * Reduced appearance rate of lionheart gear
  * 0 balance now only increases cooldown duration by 25% rather than 100%,
    previously
  * New command, die
* 3 new traits added
  * Fixed bug with incorrect reporting of golem combat stats with cstat
  * Many new recipes added
  * Crafting recipes for invocable items will now list their cooldown and
    cost
  * Infinite-duration spells are now also infinite-duration when cast on your
    golem
September 22
  * New shield skill, rebuke
  * Replaced flurry with new skill, distract
  * Fixed fatal bug that would crash the mud if player was affected by a
    nonexistent bonus
  * Hitting with a shield now generates high amounts of threat
  * New recipes added
  * Golem taunt can no longer be dodged/parried
  * Sort should now work with containers placed in rooms
  * Lockers will now autostack resources
  * Items added to shops will now be unclaimed
  * Revival potions are now working as intended
  * Whois added to the helpfile for help
  * Cstat can now take another player's name as an argument
  * Water sprites should stop appearing randomly around the map.  Does not
    apply to currently-spawned sprites.
  * Added new msdp variables for target's target
September 20
  * Cstat now displays combat statistics for your golem
September 16
  * NPCs will no longer re-generate loot when they are added to the game, if
    their loot table has already been rolled
  * Loot tables on Siren's Den monsters have been updated
  * Traps should no longer affect golem owners in their lairs or guild
  * Traps set in guildhalls should no longer affect guildmembers
September 14
  * Wyverns now drop thick leather instead of scaled leather
  * MSDP REPORT should now work properly with Mudlet and Tintin
  * Added hit chance to score
  * Added new recipes: kinetic, fierce
September 13
  * Chests can now hold more encumbrance when they are higher quality
  * Golems that die in trapped rooms will no longer award prestige to their
    owner
  * Made some performance improvements to the game engine
  * Only lockers, shops, and chests can be dropped in lairs.  Other items
    must be stored in lockers or chests.
  * New craft recipe: locker
  * Locker capacity has been increased to 10,000 encumberance
September 12
  * Ghostly boatswains and ghostly pirates will no longer drop quest items
    when killed outside of their normal zone
  * Sorting a container's contents will no longer sort in reverse order
  * New config option: inventory.  Changes between compact and verbose
    display of inventories and containers
  * Bossfight and fear of death no longer are cancelled when you win a duel
    or use quickstart
  * Removed the limit on how many y dungeons can be active at once
  * Players should now be able to use "lair goto" from inside other peoples'
    lairs
  * The Siren's Lair miniboss should now be reachable
  * Mail attachments should now unclaim when they are sent
  * New helpfile, damage types
  * Tweaked siren queen's AI
  * Cooldowns for dodge, parry, and resilience have been lowered to 18
  * New (alpha development) adventure: endless depths
September 11
  * Help contributor
  * New dungeon, The Siren's Lair, designed by Sabi.
  * Changed mechanics on golem's taunt ability.  Golems with taunt should
    now have difficulty holding threat from team members with very high
    damage.
  * Fixed bug with some "low effort" crafts contributing to the finished
    goods conquest (like recall stones)
September 09
  * Added new recipes
  * Exploiting damage bonus has been fixed
  * Fend damage has been fixed
  * The malignant menagerie now has a recipe reward for completion in under
10 minutes
  * Hoard looting conquest is now split between top 5 players rather than
    top 3
  * Reduced conquest rewards for solo doomsday ritual
  * Draught of life's bonus healing now only applies to allies
  * Bonus damage from empowered spells reduced
September 08
  * New recipe type, transfuse
  * Ki strike will now only grant its stat bonuses if the attack hits
  * Palm strike and ki strike have been re-balanced
  * Attack of opportunity can now be used after dodging an attack
  * Fixed bug with amethyst/sapphire teardrops giving the wrong resist bonus
September 07
  * Lairs will now only respawn during lair resets
  * Help trap
  * Traps will now award +1 prestige when an NPC in the room dies
  * Incorrect timing for lair updates on who list is corrected.

2020-09-25 20:37:32

I'm still building my character. on the plus side, I have access to all of the basic magics (not including nether magic) but I've got fire, water, nature, and air."

I'm eager to go out there and start hiring goons to use in my dungeon. only thing I'm not sure of is I don't know if I'm not using a portal if I have to get a new copy of a guard if I want to use it more than once.

for example, if I want several goblins but don't want them to be portal guardians, do I have to hire multiple goblins from the wild or do I just have to get it once?