2020-08-25 13:50:19

Indeed, I was suggesting something like a training field, too. Not free kills, because that would be truly unfair. Never mind, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels like talking to a wall if talking to these devs.

Thumbs up

2020-08-25 14:13:28

I can give more. but do I want?
No!
It is too much. I gave him  1000, but ehh.

meow meow.

Thumbs up

2020-08-25 14:48:38

726 that is funny. You seem like you are attacking everyone that have power over you in an online game or a forum such as a developer or an administrator. These two developers actually listen for players more than some others. Honestly I think a large reason of why the game is in its current state is because of players suggesting things that other players hate and those other players  suggesting things  that another portion hates. though a lot of times they consider constructive feedback as drama or destructive feedback. Which also contributed of partially taking down the game

Thumbs up

2020-08-25 14:59:59

You know, it might be too complicated or too much efort or what have you to create a full newbie system, but you know what's probably much easier to do? Creating some maps with a max level, so only those with a certain level or below can enter. So you could make a training map that is only available for levels 1-10 or so, and anyone above that level simply can't enter. The newbies can use the new map to get their first kills with people who are also new and learn the ropes, and the dinosaurs can go slug it out on the other maps.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up +1

2020-08-25 15:08:32

Connor, thanks for wording my thoughts. Absolutely agreed.
Meatbag, I don't mind if someone has more power, honestly I even don't want any power because I know I'm often harsh and in some cases I'm not sure if I could decide better than those who have actual power in their hands. I'm not attacking them because they are devs, I attacked them because I know how it is when you suggest something and either they ignore you, or they tell you to f*ck off lazy bastard.

Thumbs up

2020-08-25 15:14:46

I hope you understand that this is not fortnight. There won't be enough players to play with in a level specific map.  there won't be newbies all over the place so you will just be alone and cannot even advance your level to fight with the high-level people

Thumbs up

2020-08-25 15:18:42

Still won't work in a game with the current system. Sorry to say, but if you're gonna make suggestions at least try and understand the mechanics please.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up

2020-08-25 15:23:39

Sorry friend, but if you just tell somebody, this won't work, you are doing nothing and may as well not post. How about explaining why exactly you think this won't work? Any suggestion can be dismissed by saying this won't work, it simply won't, I swear it won't.

Thumbs up

2020-08-25 15:37:50

Um no. I gave a reason. Please reread the post

Thumbs up

2020-08-25 15:54:21

No @Meatbag I think she was refurring to me. Earlier I did give a reason. i sighted due to the current mechanic it can't work, since there's not a level system. I said that t won't work because  expected them to had played the game. and even if slightly they'd get a grasp as to how exactly the game work. I also gave a possible solution as to a method that can work.

Its important to read the full conversation, otherwise you'd just get little tip bits.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up

2020-08-25 16:27:37

@naruto, replyed.

Thumbs up

2020-08-25 17:03:28

Obviously I read the conversation, not just commented at random. It's true that at this time I don't play this game, but it is due to this exact reason that I don't. I like fighting games, but not games where 10 guys have 20 hours each day to play one game and collect 30000 of everything and then just own all the newbies. To each their own, if this is your type of thing and you call this hard work in a game...

Thumbs up +1

2020-08-25 20:14:33

What is this game about, exactly? Do you like attack other people's buildings and things?

Thumbs up

2020-08-25 21:42:18

In such a small community all voices are loud. You cannot please everyone. Even mainstream games cannot but due to a very large community you won't notice that sometimes.  in such a small community and in every online game someone must be the leader of the whole game because they collected a whole lot of items or whatever. That also happens in mainstream games but due to the large world and  a large amount of players it's not noticeable. But in here every small thing is noticeable and loud. Balancing is not the main issue of audio games. The only thing is our community is so small that the largest online player base is like 112 players or so. I am patiently waiting for a day  where mainstream companies begin caring about accessibility. Until now some of them are doing but we need more and more

Thumbs up

2020-08-25 22:49:18

@Deathstar: The way the system is designed is that the lower level you are, the higher level the opponent you fight, the more points and coins you are going to receive for defeating them. The people who are fighting themselves are really not getting much, compared to what the newbies get when they defeat them.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-08-26 00:25:26

@mohamed replied to your last pm. did you just need the username?

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

Thumbs up

2020-08-26 05:56:01

@738, I wish it was like you guessed. see? the name is misleeding.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-08-26 16:17:29

Well, sort of too late to change the name now I guess.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-08-26 16:28:10

hi.
I have a little problem. whenever I hit connect, it says logging in, but it waits 10 seconds or so. and then it says server unreachable. is anyone else having this problem?

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

Thumbs up

2020-08-26 21:05:50

Yes, same issue.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-08-27 08:18:42

Doesn't happen to me here, however, I will let you know if it every does happen to me.

Thumbs up

2020-08-27 13:47:58

hey, server was broken.

meow meow.

Thumbs up

2020-08-27 23:30:07 (edited by tunmi13 2020-08-27 23:30:35)

You need to get 5.0.4. That should fix the issue.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-08-28 09:19:17

allso I can not use builder menu
Call stack size: 9

File: C:\Users\Kazeem\Dropbox\BSDevs\ScrollingBattlesPro\3.0.7\includes\menu.bgt
Line: 939 (1)
Function: void serverside_menu(string, string, string)

File: C:\Users\Kazeem\Dropbox\BSDevs\ScrollingBattlesPro\3.0.7\bts.bgt
Line: 2077 (1)
Function: void netloop()

Line: 2595 (1)
Function: void mainloop()

Line: 364 (1)
Function: void game()

Line: 2508 (1)
Function: void login2(string, string)

Line: 2479 (1)
Function: void login(bool = false)

File: C:\Users\Kazeem\Dropbox\BSDevs\ScrollingBattlesPro\3.0.7\includes\menu.bgt
Line: 763 (1)
Function: void multimenu()

Line: 139 (1)
Function: void mainmenu()

Line: 328 (1)
Function: void main()

meow meow.

Thumbs up

2020-08-28 11:30:44

Can someone upload the new version on dropbox or something? the server is so bad my download fails every time.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

Thumbs up