2020-08-21 16:53:13

Hello!I have a simple question.
Is Tic Toc accesible with Talkback on android?
I keep hearing about this app and i wonder if its accesible.
Thanks in advance

2020-08-21 17:02:37

Well... It's accessible, but to the loosest term. It's navigable, but buttons are mis-labeled and I haven't found it too intuitive to navigate. In short, you can, but whether you'd personally class it as accessible will be up to you.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-08-21 18:48:09

want a county? I will say...
  Don't use this, this app is really bad.
in addition to stealing user data, they advertise with your name and video face and your photo that you are using in the app. from the moment you accept the terms.
excuse me
English is not my native language.
may the sun and moon be with you

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2020-08-21 21:18:17

You're better off going with Instagram, and that's sayin something!

2020-08-21 23:04:01

The content inside of it isn't accessible + why'd you want to use it anyway?

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2020-08-22 02:50:49

some of the content is I use it and they do not steal user data like facebook does. also how is it on the IPhone? usable?

2020-08-22 04:54:29

yep this app is not verry good

2020-08-22 08:29:11

Its a complete waste of time, plus its banned in the west.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-08-22 10:46:17

I tried it once and you odn't need talkback to watch videos, swipe up to go to the next video
swipe down to go to the previous video
tap once on the middle of the screen to pase/unpase.
but really its waiste of time and battery

2020-08-22 11:10:14

Not much of a point for us blind folks. Ticktock is mostly full of visual memes and dances, so you won't get anything out of it, except maybe hearing the music and sounds which don't give you a clue about what's going on. I'm sure though that by 2050 there'll be a super powerful AI that can deliver on demand audio description for all visual content to those who need it. That, or blindness is a thing of the past.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-08-22 16:39:49

That's the reazon, and sorry for entering in security/political way, that TikTok will be banned on the USA because of... you know it?
Ah, unless the labels! If you want to label all the buttons on that app with Talkback...

73 Wj3u

2020-08-23 16:26:47

All political and ethical things aside, in my opinion, I think some of the replies are somewhat unjustified. It's not my job to tell OP if TikTok is a waste of time. Sure, give them a pointer by saying that content is visual, but I've definitely found content that wouldn't require seeing to understand what's going on. So I say, if you know that you can find content like this on TikTok, then it isn't my job to say otherwise.
Also, while TikTok does seem to be optimized for simple one-finger swipe gestures, that doesn't mean you won't be able to use a screen reader for them. Just substitute the one-finger gestures for two-finger ones. A screen reader may also be useful for reading things like profile pages.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-08-23 17:26:14

Ok Thanks you everyone!