2020-08-18 13:42:39

Hi community,
I'm recording some beats to some songs, but I need to know the exact BPM of the song in question. While I could manually match them up and check for sync, is that really what I have to do? Is there an accessible, accurate BPM tool I could use instead?

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-08-18 21:04:35

I just use reaper.  Tap tempo with h.  Make sure you switch your project settings so you don't mess with the imported audio.  Tab until you reach the timebase for items, envelopes and markers and set that to time.  If you need further help let me know.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-08-18 23:08:21

Oh, okay. I'll try that and see how it goes, thanks.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-08-19 23:15:53

I remember one accessible app, but i forgot the name. I will check and post it.

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2020-08-21 12:42:35

foobar2000 has an extension that can do what you need. I think It's called bpm analyzer

:)

2020-08-21 16:33:37 (edited by Minionslayer 2020-08-21 17:09:13)

@st.mc, *Huge Gasp* I gotta check that out. After all, I loooooooove, Foobar!
Awesome! The component works like a charm (at least for what I'm doing).

2020-08-21 21:40:24

On this site there is a tool that detects the bpm of the songs. Just upload and soon the bpm appears:
https://vocalremover.org/

2020-08-21 21:57:47

@st.mc, nice find!  I honestly didn't know about this one myself or I would have recommended it!  It works quite well!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-08-22 03:15:26

How do I activate bpm analyzer in foobar? I've already instaled it.  Where do I go?

2020-08-22 03:19:34

Go to the track you want info on, then right click on it.  From there, navigate to bpm analyser submenu.  Open that and choose the option you wish to test out.  Enjoy.

2020-08-23 00:10:32

@Nocturnus, My only very slight gripe is that it (from my personal experience) isn't able to analyze tracks with BPM values that aren't whole numbers. Instead, it just seems to round off to the nearest value. Not a deal breaker, but since I believe the dev said they wanted to fix this, plus add some other ways of analyzing BMP, and considering this component was last updated in 2014, there's little hope that it ever will. Still, lightens my workload significantly!

2020-08-23 02:36:34

Yeah, and I probably wouldn't use it fulltime and trust it entirely just because, so you kind of use that in conjunction with what I wrote in post 2.