2020-08-20 17:45:39

Meatbag wrote:

Who removed the houses. Who removed the training area. Who removed the cannon loop.  who removed the machine gun.  who removed a lot of things because of the lag and now saying that he do not remove things

1 by 1.
Who removed the Houses. By request of players, removed.
Training area: No one was really using it, and people said that it seemed pointless.
Machine gun: Not me, Mohamed.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-08-20 17:50:19

Why is it always better and more comfortable to say hey, it wasn't me, that was the other dev? It doesn't seem like a good team you know.

Thumbs up

2020-08-20 17:56:38 (edited by tunmi13 2020-08-20 17:57:37)

Deathstar: I am simply being honest. I am an honest person.
Okay. So my question is, because even I don't know what you guys really want. You've put us through so much stress its almost making my mind go blank. What do you guys really want. I have tried to be nice, but I just can't handle this anymore. What, the fuck do you guys really want us to do. We've tried to fix lag. We've tried to satisfy most, if not all, of the community. But there seems to be some of you who want nothing but chaos to arise. This community treats us devs like we're capable of doing everything. But we're not. We're still humans. It's so unclear what people want these days because all people want is games to die. We've even fixed the bugs that Ironcross listed in his helpful post. But even then after that, people still want to target us with all their might. It's sad. I really do not blame developers for stopping the development of their games now. Because this, this is exactly the lashing they get. I'll be taking my leave now. But once I can hear an actual suggestion that makes sense and isn't aiming to cause all this, then let me know and I'll be happy to implement it for you if Mohamed and I both agree to it. But if this is all its going to be, then cout me out.
@Vulcan: So you're saying, like, remove the public status thing from the builder menu and make the admins figure out whether it should be public or not, right?

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-08-20 18:45:38

@602 if people are targettiing him for those things what do you expect him to do? take all the fire while Mohamed waltz away and gets no heat?
ATM I more think Tunmi is actually trying, while mohamed is just doing it for the cred at this point. Pretty much anyone who plays the game can point to multiple instances where mohamed either says something really distasteful or just flat out stupid. Seriously, who the hell ever said comments make BGT games laggier?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up

2020-08-20 18:56:13

allso, I'wee reinstalled game, because I was unable to open it recently, and game starts dont works, 1. speaks with sapi, 2. when tried to log in, it says I have outdated game, but it is latest.

meow meow.

Thumbs up

2020-08-20 19:04:50

you have to download the new BTS. Surprised Mohamed didn't change it in the first post or probably leave the old link as a redirect.

coolgamers.net/bts/bts.zip

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up

2020-08-20 19:21:02

I downloaded, but I'll again!

meow meow.

Thumbs up

2020-08-20 19:28:57

repaired sapi bug, but stil can't login!

meow meow.

Thumbs up

2020-08-20 20:01:48

I think a more apt question isn't what do we want, it's what do you want? Because it seems to me that you have absolutely no clue what that is.

You keep saying that you are human and that you don't know all these things. That's fine, but can you at least acknowledge the mistakes that were made in jumping to acquire this game without the experience to manage it and work on it? After all, it's basically reworked SBP from what I can tell.

The times I've seen you (Tunmi) and Mohamed agree on something are rare. One of you just starts doing random stuff that half the time, the other one comes on and undoes, or changes it, etc. So where's the actual team work? Answer me that, where is it?

I totally get what you mean about the back and forth with players. I recognize that it got to be a lot, with us almost dividing up into factions and coming at things from both sides. But that's going to happen, and you don't think it happens in mainstream games? A relevant modern example is how people factionalize over MK11 and freak out on this change, that change, this character being here, that other character not being present in the next update, etc.

Can you acknowledge the mistakes that were made? Can you acknowledge that you guys don't have the experience to manage a project of this scope? Can you answer the unanswered questions? If not, you'll just keep fucking up and fucking up and fucking up and driving players away. That is your fate unless you work to not make it so.

I'm trying to get you guys to see the errors that were made here so that they aren't repeated. So that you can actually succeed. What's better, some harsh truths that you may not want to hear and that might be hard to take, or you repeating the same mistakes over and over again. You'll just tailspin infinitely if you don't work to change it. You'll be happy, you'll feel accomplished, then mediocre, then sad, angry, frustrated, or any other negative emotion because people aren't playing your games and are talking bad about them. SO use this as an opportunity to look back and figure out what didn't go well and work to change it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-08-20 20:07:26 (edited by tunmi13 2020-08-20 20:10:52)

@Ironcross: You keep saying where's the team work. But have you actually been on recently to know that we are communicating a lot more now, and we are both talking to each other about things before doing them? How would you guys know for sure if that is what's happening if you guys haven't even touched the game ever since we made changes to it. Then try and come back and see if your current statement is valid. You said we weren't fixing things right? You said half the things that needed fixing were not being fixed, right? Didn't we go ahead and fix those things after we got it solid in our brain that we were slacking? Did we not take the suggestions from players and remove what needed removing, added what needed adding, changed what need changing, and try to be there for our players? We did. But do we get any thanks for any of that? Seems not.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-08-20 20:10:50

@tunmi, I emailed to you.

meow meow.

Thumbs up

2020-08-20 20:12:26

@Patryk, that's not a problem with the game, that seems like an issue on your end. Be sure you're actually running the game with the libraries, try redownloading it, and see if that fixes it. You've been the only one that has had this issue, so its likely a problem with your client.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-08-20 20:25:14 (edited by Nocturnus 2020-08-20 20:27:32)

You know, I'm going to side with the community this time as someone who's been here for a long enough while now that I think I won't be regreting this one later.  Here's the bottom line: we, some of us reputable members, some of us just people who have played games long enough and know how to speak sensibly tried giving you the benefit of a doubt when others put you down.  That wasn't enough of a reason for you to take us seriously.  We gave you constructive criticism; you didn't like it.  When myself, Ironcross and JaceK tried pointing out things that were either wrong with the game or that we honestly felt the game could benefit from either having or not having you didn't want to bite.  We told you the game needed better management.  You wouldn't believe it.  I'll be honest and tell you and everyone else flat out that I've put this thing down for the bettter part of two months now because I don't see it honestly going forward in a good way.  If others are to be believed, you don't really have the knowhow/ability to fix the game.  Is that true?  I don't know, and I honestly don't care.  What I do care about, is that present, both of you so-called devs are acting like the children you want to blame are responsible for the stress you're acquiring.
To cut it short?  If you can come up with something cohesive and consistent, do it.  If you can't, toss it out the window!  Players have given you more than enough ideas to be getting on with and how you might implament them.  Not all of them are going to be good or great, but there are some you yourself are going to have to take a stance on!  It's not about reputation anymore!  It's about making a game!  If you don't know what that is, I suggest taking a step back and seeing what it was that inspired you to begin with and why you're so burned out on the project now, rather than fueling a toxic gaspit for the community to jump into and provide the flames for!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up +1

2020-08-20 20:25:40

tunmi, reinstalled it, and stil.
maybe Im wrong typing a password? please help.

meow meow.

Thumbs up

2020-08-20 20:43:32 (edited by tunmi13 2020-08-20 20:51:31)

@Nocturnus: But is it helping when the constructive criticism is being criticized by the people who didn't want the feature implemented? Did I not stress this enough in this topic that when we listen to you guys, other people end up not agreeing to the suggestion? And then we get one side that is all happy, and the other side coming at us with mouths blazing. Like the thugs. That was SpiderMan's idea. I loved the idea, I implemented it, and things went downhill. We had people saying that they were annoying, and that they were ruining the game. The feedback list was full of things saying please remove thugs, thugs are annoying, remove thugs please, etc etc. The cannon loop. Oh yes, that thing. We added it. Some people liked it, but the other side was just insane. We removed it, then later added it back after people had realized how beneficial it was. But the point I can not stress enough is, we can't always listen to all of your suggestions. Lets come back with this. Do mainstream games ever listen to all suggestions? Most of the time they don't even respond to people's suggestions, they just send a generic response. Have we been sending generic responses? We've been at least listening to people, haven't we? We've told people what is possible and what is not possible. WE've used the voting system quite a lot to determine what the players want. But the issue is that some of you believe that if a game isn't going the way you want it to, then it is considered inadequate. A game doesn't have enough weapons, therefore I'm going to say this game is going downhill, when the game isn't probably designed to be a full fighting game.
I've said enough for now. I'll be waiting for your suggestions and bug reports. Have a good day all, and take care of yourselves.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-08-20 20:57:09

what with mine problem? maybe password change will helps?
I reseted game to default and this happened when tried to log in.

meow meow.

Thumbs up

2020-08-20 21:20:58

why you are a team then if you aren't responsible for what other teamate removed? somehow agree with at602

tunmi13 wrote:
Meatbag wrote:

Who removed the houses. Who removed the training area. Who removed the cannon loop.  who removed the machine gun.  who removed a lot of things because of the lag and now saying that he do not remove things

1 by 1.
Who removed the Houses. By request of players, removed.
Training area: No one was really using it, and people said that it seemed pointless.
Machine gun: Not me, Mohamed.

Thumbs up

2020-08-20 21:30:34

sorry for the double post because there wasn't any option to quote  two posts so i'm double posting
I don't care about what happens, this is drama or not, whatever. Just telling you what I think is right, it could be rong too
1: you, as a team, don't make one comment about removing/adding things
2: you're just keaping doing whatever people say, then you get board. Why? because you generally haven't any idea else than listening to people
a small note here: you should listen to people, but with working interest
what do I mean? you yourself should've interest on working on game, fixing bugs, etc. Not being tired after some time
3: name changing don't solves anything, brings drama instead
4: control yourself. Saying hey you! what the fuck do you need! doesn't solv anything. be pationt, and hard worker
5: about stopping development. You are tired of this dramas, I can understand you. this is because you bowth dev's don't know what to do. Hey, lets just go strate forward!
and finally, 6: hey so you say doing x, fuck off! isn't a way to handle things
you should list your reasons why you agree and why you disagree
lets finish the post for now

tunmi13 wrote:

Deathstar: I am simply being honest. I am an honest person.
Okay. So my question is, because even I don't know what you guys really want. You've put us through so much stress its almost making my mind go blank. What do you guys really want. I have tried to be nice, but I just can't handle this anymore. What, the fuck do you guys really want us to do. We've tried to fix lag. We've tried to satisfy most, if not all, of the community. But there seems to be some of you who want nothing but chaos to arise. This community treats us devs like we're capable of doing everything. But we're not. We're still humans. It's so unclear what people want these days because all people want is games to die. We've even fixed the bugs that Ironcross listed in his helpful post. But even then after that, people still want to target us with all their might. It's sad. I really do not blame developers for stopping the development of their games now. Because this, this is exactly the lashing they get. I'll be taking my leave now. But once I can hear an actual suggestion that makes sense and isn't aiming to cause all this, then let me know and I'll be happy to implement it for you if Mohamed and I both agree to it. But if this is all its going to be, then cout me out.
@Vulcan: So you're saying, like, remove the public status thing from the builder menu and make the admins figure out whether it should be public or not, right?

best regards

Thumbs up

2020-08-20 21:30:40

I'd like to know just what bloodstorm was supposed to be then. You say here that it wasn't a full fighting game, but then you didn't want to accept exploration maps. Now it's not even bloodstorm anymore and people are building maps or something?

Can you possibly understand why I don't care in the slightest to come on and find out what it is now? SBYW is in good hands now, and I'll be content building on there. Your game is not mature, probably not stable, and aimless, as in without direction.

You want thanks? For what? For coming on the game and doing wild stuff? For ripping out parts that worked just because you didn't understand enough about networking to know what would and would not further contribute to the lag - and what was a reduction, you did not evaluate it and make that determination with any kind of competency. Thanks for maybe two weeks out of the time I was on there as a playable experience I guess.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-08-20 21:34:44

at everyone
isn't it that we all are Affected by the sichuation? take a breath!

Thumbs up

2020-08-20 22:37:08

I fail to take your meaning.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-08-20 23:26:25

Nope, not affected anymore; I put this down awhile back and I don't intend to try it again.  The attitude here is the issue.  Failing to realize one's shortcomings just allows the problems to persist.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2020-08-20 23:55:00

Build, to, Survive. Think about build,a nd survive. That clearly states what the game is about without even reading the description.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-08-20 23:57:30 (edited by tunmi13 2020-08-21 00:01:43)

I also love how you guys just keep assuming that we ripped out things due to lag, or due to our lack of knowledge. It clearly shows that you guys really do not know what is going on. I told you the real reason behind the removal of things, but you guys are clearly not buying it. I said numerous times, it was because players, asked, us, to remove the things. Asked. Not lag. Asked.
If something says removes this due to lag, its likely Mohamed. I don't remove things due to lag unless I actually know its lagging for everyone. And before people start saying that I am blaming Mohamed again, honesty is my motto. I am not going to stand here and say I did everything, when that is totally not the case. So, you can 1. Stop targeting me like this is all my fault. and 2. Take note that I am simply speaking up and saying my honest words.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-08-21 00:52:21

Bullshit, I've stood here and heard you guys say things like this, so don't try to back track on it now. At least accept responsibility for it, is that really that difficult? Maybe you did remove certain things due to player request, but you're acting like you had absolutely no part in it. Sorry, but nope, I indeed am not buying that.

End racism
End division
Become united