2020-07-26 21:13:13

#SaveBloodstorm

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up +2

2020-07-30 14:13:15

Ok, so I just want any admins reading this to know I didn't try speed hacking anything in the last five minutes. Something is causing my virtual machine to act like a dimwit.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-07-30 14:17:00

@452 um the game's false speadhacking hapins a lot, eavin with out vm's, if you mean it says you have been band for 1 minit its the game does that because it thinks you went offline in the middle of a fight, a bad anti cheat system that does not help, but that's an other story

Thumbs up

2020-07-31 05:14:17

No speed hacking allowd?

Thumbs up

2020-07-31 05:14:49

Not to double post here but I have bootcmp and it says speedhacking. I have never, ever, and will never ever try to speed hack.

Thumbs up

2020-07-31 05:36:56

also run into that when switching from app to app, when or if, I switch to a different app, when I go back to bloodstorm, it says, no speedhacking allowed. And it was just me switching apps... not, speedhacking.

sound designer for mental vision, and Eurofly3.
take a look at
My freesound pageWhere I post sounds I record. ps: if you use my sounds, remember to credit me smiley

Thumbs up

2020-08-03 09:01:07

Save bloodstorm. I love it.

Thumbs up

2020-08-03 20:52:12

I do not know what the devs are doing with this project, but after a little bit of playing I realized it is extremely unfocused. There are a ton of maps that don't get used, a bunch of items that seem to at one point have been very over-powered, but reduced to pointlessness, and on top of all of that, I'm 99.9 percent sure it's malware. My browsers kept crashing, and it seemed to be screwing with my system. After deleting all associated files, my browsers have stopped crashing, and my system has returned to normal.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

Thumbs up

2020-08-03 23:13:48

put it through virustotal, here, i'll go do that for you and put the report here. Not trying to stick up for the project because i agree with all of your points, as well as its just a lot too jump spammy (you move so far and can jump so fast that its just   a chasing game) but calling a game played by many people here malware without  more proof than, things are acting weird when i have it, when that can be something else unrelated for all we know, isn't one of the best things to do on the internet in 2020 where virus's, data leaks, and identity theft and many other malicious actions by others isn't uncommon.
the virus total report is below:

no engines detected this file.

Thumbs up

2020-08-03 23:31:26

Wouldn't be a bad game if admins didn't play around with fake banning messages and such...

Thumbs up

2020-08-03 23:48:22

Malware doesn't have to mean that it's intent is to cause harm. It means bad code really. That could be bad utilization of resources, or any host of things.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

Thumbs up

2020-08-04 01:20:42

i agree with both. I just gave you a little bit of a re-assurance if you needed one @461, and @460 no idding. Or if the server updater comes online (why don't you just use a /update command or whatever) calling everyone a baloon? or potato?

Thumbs up

2020-08-04 05:46:27

is the server down?

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

Thumbs up

2020-08-04 12:32:47

Yeah, it is.
The things that I am disappointed with are the new sounds. I mean, come on. That metal is not even metal, the gras sounds like you're a hoguer walking over mushrooms, the wathery tile sounds like marsh and they actually screwed the underwater sound too, among other sounds. The unique good ones are the weapon draw or fire sounds.
Apart from that, there are lots of unused items, like the house keys and the bears, food, or pretty much everything else. I suggest removing all those lines of unused code because it'll make the game less sluggish.
I am still keeping an eye on this one, but the recent decissions and changes are making me fly off.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

Thumbs up

2020-08-04 15:07:25

how you know this info about new sounds?

john_weed wrote:

Yeah, it is.
The things that I am disappointed with are the new sounds. I mean, come on. That metal is not even metal, the gras sounds like you're a hoguer walking over mushrooms, the wathery tile sounds like marsh and they actually screwed the underwater sound too, among other sounds. The unique good ones are the weapon draw or fire sounds.
Apart from that, there are lots of unused items, like the house keys and the bears, food, or pretty much everything else. I suggest removing all those lines of unused code because it'll make the game less sluggish.
I am still keeping an eye on this one, but the recent decissions and changes are making me fly off.

Thumbs up

2020-08-04 15:54:43

bloodstorm was pretty good until this. Hope it gets better.

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

Thumbs up

2020-08-04 16:16:05

@465 what do you mean? How else wwould he know the info about the sounds?

I'm going to write up a detailed post about the state of the game later today, but take this as a summary.

The sounds are mixed up. In the sense the tiles they push the sounds to be don't fit at all. Listen to the underwater, grass and all the concreate tiles. The really terrible thing also, that's a big turn off is the devs, and a few players reactions. Oh well be grateful its not the stolen sounds from before. And Mohamed wwas pretty harsh and unprofessional about it. refurring to our comments as, "Drama", and clling people like myself, especially, Ironcross and so on drama people, because wwe don't lick their big toes, and instead give them the raw truth.
I'm actually sure bloodstorm will slowly die at some point if they keep up on the path they're heading down.

_____

Thumbs up

2020-08-04 16:34:54

Server is seryously down hahaha.

meow meow.

Thumbs up

2020-08-04 16:38:01

I agree with jayjay that refurring to the players comments/feedback as drama is unprofessional when it comes to the devs. but their is also the thing where changing something makes some players happy, and others mad, and then undoing the changes revurses the 2 groups.  And as much as i have to agree with the tyles sounding like they were just cut and pasted in to the game without editing is a bit bothersome, they are trying, well mohamed anyways, get rid of the stolen sounds. Give them some credit.  However i do believe communication is a huge problem in this project when it comes to the devs.  1 will do something, and the other will not like it, and revurse the changes the other one does.  As the owner and purchaser of BloodStorm, I believe mohamed should take his roll as the head dev more seriously, and that all changes go through him.  After all, the lack of communication is parcially why all on-line games do not last.  Their has to be some sembalence of order here if this project is to last.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

Thumbs up

2020-08-04 16:40:40

I'm half scared to log in anymore, vast swathes of things change on the daily that make very little sense. And yes, I very much dislike the new tile sounds.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-08-04 18:14:16

Um, both of my accounts were randomly deleted, so was lolgamer's and zedicus'.

_____

Thumbs up

2020-08-04 18:47:53

Correction. Everyone's account has been deleted.

_____

Thumbs up

2020-08-04 18:51:23

Yeah I can't get in either, WTF, someone said it was because Mason closed their server, which if you trust Mason, you're in for a rude awakening, I guess like the devs are finding out now.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-08-04 18:53:20

Dude, they should have a backup somewhere else apart from their servers. How could a server die erasing all that data? I mean some of the players gave money to the thing, I myself had a shitload of items, and 50 giftboxes are not fair in the least bit.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

Thumbs up

2020-08-04 18:59:46

I offered to provision them a server.

End racism
End division
Become united