2011-05-27 06:28:39

Well it's now summer, bees are buzzing, birds are singing, holiday makers are being annoying and lots of people are trying to get time off work.

We don't give Mr. Database time off though, not at all, the continual process of stuffing him with stuff must continue whatever meteorological stuff the weather is doing.

here's what stuff we have thus far:

Mac1: Fixed links and cleaned up entry.

Fixed links for wincart, winpoly, winspank, winskunk, winlife and winship.

Deleted page for cloning malice Ii.

Wrote correct pricing info for Azabat games vol 1 and vol 4, pluss added links to resellers of the German copy of volume 1.

chillingham and gg: added warnings about bavisoft's ambiguous status, changed license to unknown.
Removed pages for chillingham 2 and superliam 2.

Changed license of all code factory games to unknown.

Removed pages for the void, bsc football, castlequest, final defender, the eamon guild of free adventurers, flight commander, ms, pacman talks, and handler und halunken.

Wintriv: added link to wintfs10 file, pluss inserted a propper list.
Wingolf: fixed links and added link to latest course file.

Fixed links for winsim, winpong and tripple j shooter.

removed pages for starwars jedi strike and starbase defender.

Lunimals: page and description.

Added link to aprones' site to all his games, pluss changed genre to donation and wrote note in description that should people wish to donate they can.

Cx2 created pages and descriptions for coupling and The nightjar.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-05-27 09:32:45

Well it sounds like you've been busy!  Also, thanks for updating my games.  smile

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-05-27 10:14:17

Wait, why'd you remove the page for pacman talks? As far as a know, that game is still being sold.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2011-05-27 10:23:04

He didn't move the page for Pacman talks, he removed the page to MS Pacman talks which hasn't been developed yet.
Nice work Dark, I appreciate it. That must of took a lot of time.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2011-05-27 10:46:27

Thanks people.

it has been something of a complaint about the database in the past that there are many pages to dead titles. I think this was because quite a lot of pages were created on speculation for announced titles like chillingham 2 and ms packman which then either never appeared at all, or appeared as something else, ---- like ms packman eventually becoming sarah.

So I tried to tidy things up a bit here in removing the pages I know for certain are no longer needed.

I personally try and go on a basis of only creating pages for games that have some sort of playable demo at the least, ---- so Airik will probably get one soon, though something like captain dynamite which was announced late last year and had the utube clips but nothing playable wo't.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-05-27 14:01:20

what about damage extreme? Or maybe even cane power, though that game is sorta demoish.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2011-05-27 16:08:24

Well done dark. Some of that stuff was sitting there for years. I remember a few years ago, i saw the paige for chillingham 2 and was pretty excited. Well, never happened. lol.

2011-05-27 18:15:43

Damage extreme will get a page, though I'm less certain of kane power sinse that struck me more as a concept demo than a game.

Just because I posted one of these news updates doesn't mean that's the be all and end all of working on the site, it simply means there are enough updates to make a reasonable sized list for the news.

2011-05-27 19:43:38

I've noticed that when looking through the game archive, the "More games of this developer" link is broken.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-05-27 22:48:20

that's a background part of the coding for the database overall, rather than specifically a link on an edited page so it's not something I can fix.

i'd guess though tht it got broken when the site was hacked and is simply a function which sander hasn't got around to restoring yet.

2011-05-27 23:37:00

Can you add laser breakout, Dark?

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2011-05-28 04:52:04

Hmmm, is it fully translated? the last time I looked at the game it wasn't, though I admit that was a while ago, and of course not speaking japanese it's a litle difficult for me to test a game in that language.

if it's fully playable in english now, please post the download link and I'll have  a look at it.

2011-05-28 08:52:51 (edited by nyanchan 2011-05-28 08:53:25)

Yes, it was translated compreatly.
the link is
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10243904/laser.zip

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2011-05-28 10:39:57

Hello, Dark,

You've down superb by tidying and clearing up the database. However, the entry and the broken links for an ancient game called 'Chicken Killer' is still accomodating some place. Mind if I ask that you either fix the links, which will make me more than glad, or just remove the entry from the DB?

Thanks,
SplendidFault

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2011-05-28 12:53:55

Also, damien is no longer supporting acefire,c hopper challenge, self destruct, dangercity, and the savage gambit with giftanum to be rewritten, so I guess those should be removed. Ok, except giftanum maybe.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2011-05-28 18:20:44

I'll have to ask damien what's happening about the other games, but as to chicken killer your right, it's no longer around so I'll remove the page.

2011-06-04 20:03:06

Since we're on the topic of database updates, I think

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2011-06-04 22:06:16

Hi,
BTW,although Dark would've seen this on the Audyssey list, Damien, although he is no longer supporting them, has updated the installers to reflect the abandonware status of most of the above titles and is going to release giftanum asa kind of VB6 sample.
BTW, why are the Kitchensinc games labeled according to the name of the executab;e? Why not monololy, golf, football, etc? Because to tell you the truth those titles are far from revealing as to what the games actually are.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-06-06 20:53:16

hello. i was wondering if you could add three-d velosity to the list? thank you very much.

Austin