2020-07-22 03:28:29

The baritone is the only only one I play on a regular basis

2020-07-22 06:31:47

Oh I have a charango. I have a few xylophones too, including a small trung from Vietnam and a pentatonic bamboo thing from Indonesia. I have a tongue drum too, which is like a slit drum but it's got like nine notes cut into it. I used to have a dumbek/darbuka, but it was aluminum and I didn't like the sound much, so I gave it to a friend. Eventually I want to get a ceramic one.

Re:   charango

Is that the Mel Bay book, "Metodo De Charango", "Charango Method", by Horacio Durán  and Italo Pedrotti? If so I have it. I haven't gotten round to getting the chord charts out of it yet, but I'll see if I can get them soon, my wife just needs to get time to sit down and go through them with me so we can figure out what works and I can write them down.

I've been kicking around the idea of setting up a site with accessible instrument stuff, I have no idea how useful it would be since I'd focus on all of the world things first and not necessarily the standard stuff like guitar and such. But I'd either put stuff up, so basically either accessible fingering charts or links to them, accessible chord info if I can get it, stuff like that. I'll try to come up with a place to put it and start working on it, as long as I know at least one other person might use it, that's good enough for me. If there's one of you, there are more of you hiding somewhere!

Oh yeah, quena. I might be able to help you with it. I can try in text here or you can send me a private message thingy and we can get together on Skype or something, provided you can understand and speak English because sadly I don't know any other languages well enough to speak them, and I'm not that great at understanding either. I should really work on that one of these days I guess. I certainly don't claim to be any kind of authority, but I'll happily pass on whatever I know to anybody who's interested, do sound samples if somebody wants to hear an instrument, tell you where you can get one if I know, that sort of thing. Sure they call it an obsession, but what do they know, I ask you?

2020-07-22 08:26:32

Yes. I play the piano. But planning on learning guitar hopefully soon.

sound designer for mental vision, and Eurofly3.
take a look at
My freesound pageWhere I post sounds I record. ps: if you use my sounds, remember to credit me smiley

2020-07-22 08:34:22

wow nice, just like me rofl.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2020-07-22 10:38:04

I mainly play different guitars and occasionally some other fretted stringed instruments, such as ukulele and mandolin. I also can play jaw harps and a bit of didgeridoo.
Besides I have a couple of synths, but they are not played with the keyboard.

2020-07-22 11:18:09 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2020-07-22 11:36:48)

@khomus I'll send you a pm if you want to contact through skype. You should have it by the time you read this post although there are no Notifications in place for PMs. I'll take the chance to learn whatever I can about the quena and others since instruction Materials are so rare. Yep, that's the book. I'm thankfull the thing exists since with out it I would be stuck.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2020-07-22 17:21:45 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2020-07-22 18:15:34)

And a few instruments I forgot to mention. A clay ocarina, rain stick, a komplete kontrol A49, a plastic school recorder, a metal darabuka, and a ukulele. I suck at the ocarina, the recorder is easy enough, and have attempted to learn the darabuka. I could probably learn the ukulele if I so wished, but as it stands I’m more interested in other stuff.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2020-07-22 17:44:36

@24: Oh yeah, you reminded me. I also play the panpipes.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2020-07-22 18:55:21 (edited by moaddye 2020-07-22 18:59:58)

hm. I'm curious. What is the easiest instrimant to  play? I briefly did drums. They weren't exact drums as I understood but I'll refer to them as such. you have to put them on your lap. on the left side there was a large opening and on the right was where you played. I sucked at it because I'm not fast enough when I have to slightly twist myself to the right and play, plus keep it from falling so.

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2020-07-22 19:19:43 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2020-07-22 19:38:31)

@khomus I've replied to your pm, skype not working. @moaddye I don't think there is an easy way to answer that question. Probably depends on the person playing it. Instruments should not be judged by there outward simplicity. There are a couple one stringed instruments for example, but that doesn't make them easy to play.

2020-07-22 19:48:46 (edited by wing of eternity 2020-07-22 19:57:16)

@ comus, send you a pm I usually play the piano, and I tryed the bag pipe, but I realised that I don't have the lungs for it. besides that I I will like to learn to play the chinses guitar. they use a different technique

---
"A good ruler gives the goblet to his servants. He never drinks from it himself. The servants need his glory. He does not cary the flame alone.
For a spark does not lit the flame, but the spirit holds it in place. Forgeting that leads one to destruction.
(Enhemodius before the Altar of the Broken)"

2020-07-23 00:36:05

Guitar, violin, drums (electric and acoustic kits), bass, trumpet, some accordion, and back in my teen years (which was only about 9 years ago) I played sax (baritone and tenor).

2020-07-23 04:46:26

I play piano, drums, and the clarinet. I also have some slight experience in flute, but not enough to actually play a song. That's only because the flute was one of those recorders.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-07-23 08:46:40

i wonder if people play recorders for a living, or if it's just a school thing.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2020-07-23 15:32:12 (edited by Socheat 2020-07-23 15:33:34)

I am learning how to play the violin for now. But then do the Covid-19, I have to stop for a bit.

Also, since we're on music topic, I wanted to ask the violin players, are there any good accessible lessons for the blind people to play the violin?

Follow me on Mastodon.

2020-07-23 16:15:25 (edited by Still_Standing 2020-07-23 16:19:04)

the only 2 i ever played were the violin and piano. i learned how to play the violin sence i was young, i used to go out with my grandpa   and  he'd teech me  how to use it
oh, not to forgot the flute as well, i haven't really play any actual instromints in computer it self, but i know how to use them well in real life, i usually   play some songs that i learned when i feel like it.

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2022-06-23 22:42:23

I started learning a guitar about a year ago. Never thought it would be so fun and exciting. Great hobby.

2022-06-24 01:53:44

I go to drum class and I want to learn to play the electric guitar.
How would you recommend learning to someone who is blind to learn? My cousin is learning, I asked him to teach me a little and I didn't understand a shit.
I don't know if it's because he explains badly or I'm too stupid.

2022-06-24 07:56:45 (edited by morse 2022-06-24 07:58:27)

i'm learning to play guitar, with very limited piano playing knowledge for now so i can't play piano. i mostly make music in the computer now that i know how to make songs in reaper, and this time, no more melodies done with a sawtooth wave from a shitty innit patch on a synth with portamento set to 0 and with a lot of aliasing going on and no bpm and time signature! there are better sounding synthsthan that one i used a while ago i think a year or so, where i decided to make a melody with a sawtooth i had in audacity, used mda tracker and didn't even know the bpm and the time signature. and i admit, it didn't sound good. i even deleted the melodies i made because to me they were trash. i could make better with a synth such as tal noise maker. now that i have more instruments and i know a bit how to use reaper for making music i'm making music when i please

if you want to post language resources and see other's language resources, click here in the language learning resources thread: https://forum.audiogames.net/post/826634/#p826634

2022-06-24 09:39:52

I mostly play the flute these days but I've also played drums, Piano, Bass and Ukulele.
And I also play a midi keyboard when I want to make music in Reaper.

Check out my music here.
http://fubsepude.bandcamp.com

2022-06-24 14:49:05

i play the saxophone

hi. bye.

2022-06-24 15:39:31

I play piano and sing. Had practically 0 experience with reaper's midi capabilities. Get me on an acoustic piano and I'll play for hours. <3 I miss having access to one since I moved.

2022-06-24 17:52:14

How did I not see this topic before when it was first created? Either way I play the keyboard, drums/percussion, the tin whistle and a bit of melodica. I definitely want to learn guitar at some point though.
Another instrument I want to learn is the harp. Speaking of which, any blind harpists out here somewhere?
It's also great to know that there are other world music enthusiasts and instrument collectors on the forum. big_smile

---------------
There will come nothing, for there was nothing.

2022-06-25 19:00:26 (edited by rayshow 2022-06-28 11:42:10)

After playing guitar for almost 20 years, I just purchased my first mandolin after comaring options from these reviews https://primesound.org/best-beginner-mandolin/ . Like you, I wasn’t knowledgeable enough to make an informed decision so I just jumped in and bought an F style. Hoping to to get a lot of input from more experienced players in this thread.