2020-07-16 02:12:37

I don't remember ever really seeing anyone say anything one way or the other about ghost Leonatar. Is there just nothing special about this one? Is it just the Leonatar we all know and love with a ghost typing tacked on? Also does Wavotamus get any other good earth moves? Its best earth move right now is from me putting the miner's gear on it. Mudslide misses way too much and geowhack is weak as hell. Am I better off putting all water moves on this thing and using deluge or something?

2020-07-16 02:41:21 (edited by Shadowcat 2020-07-16 02:51:42)

Ghost leonatar is the leonatar we love... except weaker defensively and... with more magic attack! And no magic attacks to use with it. Makes perfect sense, right? And yes, the differences are actually very, insanely noticeable. So while it covers its fighting weakness pretty effectively, it's worse overall because it's squishier. And leonatar isn't exactly a tank either...

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2020-07-16 03:23:16

lol ok, that kinda sounds gross then. Was thinking about grabbing one but meh. Fail!

2020-07-16 05:52:36

When certain manamon require things like a soulless heartstone to transform, or whatever, do you need to do it at a certain level so that they do not miss out on learning X move? For example, say a manamon learns Torch at level 28, but you transform it at 27. Does it still learn torch or does its moveset change? Or should you use the transformation item after level 28 when it learns torch? That being said, if that is the case, do you lose out on the few points you lost? If you waited to level 28 to transform your manamon, and new transformation generally gives 1 or 2 more points more when leveling, do you just lose out on possible points you could have gotten, making it a trade off between having a better mon with better stats or one with better moves?
Sorry. I hope that makes sense. I was using levelup herbs to check forgeril's moves. It was transformed into its final form at level 16, and the moves it learns are awful. Is it just that sucky? or will waiting to transform it yield better results?
Also, do manamon learn better moves in manamon2? Again, using levelup herbs in manamon1, I got mons like merenbear and remullian to level 50, but their move sets are just... terrible. Sorry for the mispellings.

The Certified Altruistic Lexicon is nigh!

2020-07-16 06:09:46 (edited by Wilson 2020-07-16 06:10:22)

Um, Isn't energy pulse is actually good for cofatena, Its steel and majic, correct?

With the hero duty out of the way, I find myself venturing far far away...
And I encounters many allies to share our pays.
In an old land, we build ourselves a shelter...
And we proceeded to call it the kingdom crafter.

2020-07-16 06:26:59

@Dungeon Diver
If you transform any of your mon with any transforming items, some of them may not learn the moves. For example, Furivia learns Nature Overdrive, but I don't think treezon learns it.
@derekedit
Mudslide is a good move if you want to use it with Manascope. And yes. Since its attacks and defences are quite good, it gets Contain quake if you can give it Re-arm Band.

2020-07-16 06:34:49

Gotcha. That's really unfortunate, because you never know when to transform a manamon...unless the memory tutor can remedy things?

2020-07-16 06:44:49

@558 Typing has nothing to do with it, lol. It's the fact that the rest of its crowning attacks are all physical. I do not count tribeam, don't even say it.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2020-07-16 06:48:55

I see. I never try the guy yet so I don't know what is the guy moveset. You could probably stick with Conjure_Sword, If the guy has it that is.

2020-07-16 07:24:25

Treezon gets Nature Overdrive. Dunno why though, as it's a special move, and Treezon's physical-based.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-07-16 11:47:32

@Dungeon Diver
No, it is not that unfortunate really. Here is an example. Wolfsere gets Nightstick where as its evolution doesn't get this move. But you can think how move a good is, if you don't want it, then you can just evolve it early. And for Werewolfsere, I don't think Nightstick is worth it because it gets Chomp. And if you give it Ancient Jawbone, then it rocks. By the way, which is the mon you are using who evolve with an element?

2020-07-16 12:14:15

Here is what I know from my experience.
Only friggle gets lightning bolt. If it doesn't have the combustion ability, you may not want this move since accuracy and usage points are low.
Only luscish gets flood. If you evolve it too early, your best water move is going to be bubble burst.
If you want to have a deciced who can cover its fire and rock weaknesses, wait for burgan to learn bubble burst and evolve it.
The later you evolve your mutmo, the more normal type moves it will have.
Only purivia learns sludge hammer, I'm sure you would want this move.
Only zintrabat learns wing slash.
That's all I've found.
Assuming I didn't miss anything, you can evolve the rest mons immediately after they evolved.

2020-07-16 13:10:47

If you transform Luscish before level 43 you will not get flood as Angillish.

2020-07-16 13:14:40

I had a gift luscish, evolved it immediately and didn't get flood for sure.
Maybe that changed..
Actually I forgot that montor and mondevol get the same moves, but montor gets them much earlier than mondevol.

2020-07-16 18:06:42

@mara Thank you so much. That is exactly what I was looking for.
@Star Fire, I was using the friggle transformation line as an example. In manamon1, I used the lightning element to change it into its final form at level 16, used a ton of levelup herbs to see what it learns, and by level 50, its moves were quite lackluster.

2020-07-16 18:12:37 (edited by Dungeon Diver 2020-07-16 18:14:07)

I was also wondering if anyone would be able to help me trade my new team, hold them for a sec while I load up the new data file, then trade them back to me? Everything is all ready, and it should take 5 minutes tops. The longest part would be the listening of the music as the mons are traded in and out. The room name will be help with no caps. I appreciate any help! smile. Will be there for about 30 mins

2020-07-16 18:48:36

I'll be available around 4:15 PM US time, but can't do it right now since I have work. Are you available then? If not, I will be available the same time tomorrow, but open all saturday and most of Sunday.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2020-07-16 19:05:49

by US time, what time zone? Eastern, central, pacific? The room will be open for anyone able to help. Just give me a minute or two to come back to the comp.

2020-07-16 20:25:47

Eastern time. Are their any particular Manamon you need or want besides the babysitting?

2020-07-16 20:37:05

No. I have all 6 manamon I want to trade in. And I have  6 throw away mons that I can trade back for them on the new playthrough. I'll be around then. that's 1:15 my time. Thanks smile The room name will still be help. No caps or punctuation

2020-07-16 22:22:25

I'm currently waiting, just tried to join and it said this room doesn't exist.

2020-07-17 04:49:49

OffTopic.
What does the number on the top of the posts means, Heres an example.
Today 03:37:05.
I know it has something to doo with times but I can't figured it out.

2020-07-17 07:56:34

It shows the time a post has been posted or edited in your timezone.

2020-07-17 08:02:51

Ah. I see, thanks smile

2020-07-17 15:13:52

Can confirm: Angillish does not get Flood; transform it too early, and you will lock yourself out.
Deciced's special attack isn't that good, so Bubble Burst is kind of a waste. I mean, you can have it if you want but it probably won't do much. Too bad it doesn't get Hydro Fang. I mean, it's a fish, it ostensibly has teeth...
If you wait to transform manamon, you usually get the stat boost when you do transform them, so you aren't sacrificing permanent stats. It just means running around with a weaker mon for awhile.
Furivia gets Natura Overdrive? Wow. Massive fail. All the overdrive moves are straight-up awful; they are the only reason Baron Byron is as easy as he is.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1