2020-07-15 07:24:05

Hey so several people told me to get on team talk but I'm boomer and don't know how to get it set up or get connected. is there like a popular server or anything that I can just read? Thanks for helping me out. and sorry if im making too many threads recently lol

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2020-07-15 08:14:52 (edited by serrebi 2020-07-15 08:20:42)

You can download teamtalk from
http://bearware.dk
You will need to join bearware login for access to public servers.
https://bearware.dk/wordpress/wp-login. … n=register
You should also fill out the nickname field, as bearware login is just a server thing, and not what others see as your name. Once you put this into preferences, you can then join the public Teamtalk servers. People here, like myself host other servers as well.
https://blindieconnect.tk/
https://jc-hosting.me/teamtalk-repo/

2020-07-15 15:12:34

Do not go on teamtalk, I'm telling you... just don't. You will not like what you find.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-15 15:36:01 (edited by daigonite 2020-07-15 16:03:32)

Look if people are going to get mad at me for not updating a 5 year old game that I don't own the intellectual property to that's their problem lol. Anything else, I'm pretty sure that blind people and their shenanigans is... basically the same level as anything else I've seen on the internet. a big blow up happened on twitter recently where a literal teenager was accused to be a pedophile by some guy in his 20s who hit some kid up while drunk lol. Nothing new. And yeah i'm aware my ex hangs around teamtalk too.

I made an account for the default but I'm struggling to log in, I'll update this post if I figure it out. Thanks guys. I promise I'll survive tongue

2020-07-15 16:14:17 (edited by Chris 2020-07-15 16:17:21)

Just like with everything else, your experience will depend on the people you choose to associate with. I avoid the public servers and most private ones like the plague, because most people seem to want to congregate in large groups and/or cause unnecessary drama. I run my own server, and it requires every user to have valid account credentials to connect. If you don't have valid info, you're simply not getting in. This helps to cut down on the nonsense and makes it very easy to remove users if they don't play nice.

I'm not sure how basic you want this info, but here's my best attempt to explain it. Users connect to a server to talk with others. You'll need the server address, port numbers, and account information if the server is configured to authenticate users. Think of each server as a conference building with multiple rooms. Everyone can be in one room or channel, or you can create multiple channels and provide places for multiple groups of people to do things. Everyone is on the same server, but you can have many individual chat sessions. Communication is restricted to the users in a specific channel.

I've only found a couple of downsides to the otherwise awesome system. The first is that information is not encrypted unless you pay $150 or something ridiculous for an encrypted version. The other is because of the nature of the system, you could connect and find no one else to talk to. People can come and go as they see fit. Oh, and the developer isn't that great from what I can tell. He hasn't done anything to improve the accessibility of the Mac version, and just seems resistant to feedback as a whole. Despite all this, I still really like the system. There are a lot of configuration features, and the audio quality is excellent! It's a shame someone else more willing to interact with folks isn't running the project. Finally, Team Talk is not technically just for blind people. Anyone can use it, and I don't understand why it's mainly blind people that do. Maybe it's because most people don't care about quality and features, the initial configuration confuses some, or the lack of encryption by default turns them off, or it's not widely known. I don't know. It's a shame, because it's such a cool system. My apps of choice these days for Internet communication are Team Talk and Zoom.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2020-07-15 16:26:56 (edited by Jod 2020-07-15 16:29:49)

I don't recommend public servers, toxic.
I remember in another topic you mentioned you aren't blind, so it'll be easier to use if you install the regular version. The interface is similar to teamspeak.

2020-07-15 16:30:45

hi
isn't teamtalk open source?

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2020-07-15 16:38:45

Yes, TeamTalk is indeed open source.

http://github.com/bearware/teamtalk5

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2020-07-15 16:46:22

As far as I can tell, the client is open source, but the server is not. This is a bit silly.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2020-07-16 02:04:58

I was able to log in to a public server as a test. Are there any recommendations anyone has for servers? You can PM me if you would prefer...

2020-07-16 02:29:40 (edited by Lucas1 2020-07-16 02:30:45)

Teamtalk is like half opensource. You can't actually compile and use the source code unless you pay $1000 for the SDK. What is opensource is all the different clients, but they all use the SDK underneath.
As for servers, yeah I'd avoid public ones, unless you want to get involved in some toxic, non-family-friendly internet fun.

2020-07-16 03:26:16

You're gonna see sides of the blind community bruh, sides you don't want to see. It's like staring at a pile of cow shit 10 feet high and then voluntarily jumping on in. I mean if you still want to, that's on you, I just tried to give a warning.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-18 17:06:00

hey daganight, i have a private server.
if you want to go there, just say so.
all people on the server are my friends, and are trusted
no i amn't trying to addvertize the server
anyways, the choise is yours
thanks

I am a hunter named Grunt. I didn't realize that until now.

2020-07-18 20:02:24 (edited by serrebi 2020-07-18 20:06:20)

ironcross32 wrote:

You're gonna see sides of the blind community bruh, sides you don't want to see. It's like staring at a pile of cow shit 10 feet high and then voluntarily jumping on in. I mean if you still want to, that's on you, I just tried to give a warning.

Preach it! Blind people seem to cluster and then wine about the blind people they don't hang out with: How sighted of them. You don't need that shit, however keep in mind not every server is like that, just some of them.

2020-07-18 20:51:15 (edited by Jod 2020-07-18 20:57:09)

Blind or not, doesn't matter. As long as you communicate with humans you're going to experience that.
to me, It's so ........ how we all think we are different than other humans but we're just the same.
Fill the dots with whatever you like.

2020-07-18 23:05:35

Not everyone in the community is all bad. You will find those who get some kind of enjoyment out of starting drama, and you will find others who just talk to people for the fun of talking to people. Either way, you just have to look for the right group to fit in with.
I'll say for me I've been moving more towards Discord, but I still do use TeamTalk because not many people I talk with use Discord. I'm trying to get them to make the switch but they won't. Like a lot of blind and VI people, most of the people I talk to think Discord is this broken inaccessible thing that we can't use. While the accessibility isn't perfect, the program is still usable and the accessibility is continuing to improve

2020-07-19 03:09:45

agree with @5. i have a private server as well and i only invite people i think i can trust not to cause chaos. each person has their own user name and password and if they go too far, you're  gone. maybe a warning or 2 depending on the situation but i can't stand the baggage, lies or just plain nastiness that people try to bring on.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2020-07-19 07:52:05

I have a server too, and I will not put up with spam. Keep in mind, if you don't want to possibly end up on a youtube stream, don't go in the youtube channel.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie