2020-07-10 08:44:54

Anyone have thoughts on this? Bought a set of track stems for a song from a website, but the thing refuses to download all the way when I'm attempting to grab the zip. Can't extract it all the way and every time it downloads it finishes with a different size. Any way I can fix this without contacting the site which I've already done? I've used both Firefox and Chrome.

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-07-10 09:23:49

it will be your antivirus doing that. It happened to me one time all you can do is temporarily turn off your antivirus. And yes, even zips with wav files and shit in them get flagged since it's happened to me several times with perfectly harmless preset packs.

2020-07-10 17:16:49 (edited by assault_freak 2020-07-10 17:53:34)

If by antivirus you mean windows defender since that's all I'm using, then I'm going to need to find a way to temporarily disable it... anyone got thoughts on how? Also interesting that this is the only site it seems to be flagging.. all the others I'm downloading zip files from are having no problems.

2020-07-10 18:13:02

It's almost certainly not the antivirus, and if it is you'd get notifications.  You'll need to contact the site and tell them you're having trouble.  It sounds like their web server is misconfigured in some manner.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-07-10 18:21:30

Yes, win defender will always notify when it stops something from happening. Last resort, try wget or curl. I get them using scoop, but there are other command line package managers for windows one might use.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-10 19:00:31

Yeah, didn't figure it was the antivirus because when something gets flagged, I'm told about it. Thought it was a chance though however slim. No experience at all using command line either. lol

2020-07-10 21:35:56

Does the download happen to stop around the same percentage or time? Perhaps add the site to your exceptions.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-07-10 21:53:47

I'm going to go with what @4 and @5 said, because the download definitely doesn't stop at the same time. lol

2020-07-11 07:41:12

I've experienced something similar lately with firefox where the download would just stop.

Pressing enter on the file being downloaded however would resume the download, but sometimes it would keep stalling.

I'm not sure how you would resume a download in chrome, because the download window is a bit different, but in firefox, it's just a list where you can arrow to the file that failed, press enter on it and for the most part, the download picks up where it left off.

2020-07-11 07:42:28

Yeah, unfortunately I wish it were that simple. The file finishes downloading and shows as such, but it's downloaded incomplete. Still shows that it finished, though.