2020-07-06 12:52:24 (edited by goran 2020-07-06 12:54:36)

hi,
I have recently started following the free code camp courses, and I'm currently on the css part. I'm just realizing the real power of css and how amazing it can be. Curious though, is there any way or tool for us to inspect the visual changes closely? NVDA's formatting information isn't bad, but it only gives information about very basic stuff. Can we in any way notice flex boxes, grids, animations and so on? I'm starting to feel left out without experiencing those things LOL.

2020-07-06 16:40:08

No. We can't. You will never be able to do CSS competently enough to do anything with it beyond perhaps personal projects unless you have enough vision that you don't need to ask this question.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-07-07 10:42:05

Theoretically, there could be a few color formatting approaches you could do that could make UI borders and elements more scannable with a sonifier like the vOICe, black background, white borders, etc. You could take a screenshot of the layout and use the vOICes built in magnification to parse border elements. Animations are a bit trickier, though GIF animations can be played via sonifier in BrushTone viewing them in the context of a layout would be difficult. If you know the animations effect, and where it is in the context of a sonified screenshot of the layout perhaps.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2020-07-07 18:21:42

at magurp244, are the tools you discribed used for Animations?
this mite a bit off topic, but i thought i'd ask anyway, has anyone hear bin ingaged in app developments? i'm talking about  cloud  apps development for servers and aplications etc, i'm learning node js  and i honestly want to learn how to develop these apps, so i thought i'd ask hear if anyone had any experience would be able to give me any future tips.

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2020-07-07 18:48:31

@4
Yes, I have. And my tip for you is find someone sighted for the frontend.  There's really no other way for anything real that's going to go beyond blindness circles, though if it's just for blind people you can probably get pretty far with React Native and/or Dart on your own (but do note that iOS needs a mac and trying to program with VO and XCode is an exercise in patience and frustration, given how slow everything is).

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-07-08 02:30:10

As pessimistic as 2 and 5 are, I'm afraid I have to agree! smile Yes you can get an understanding of the box model, and maybe try to picture a mental image of your layout, but we aren't given the luxury of reviewing the rendered output. I like post 3's suggestions, but I'm afraid I wouldn't go so far as to try to work with CSS. I would like to appreciate animations though. That would be cool.
@4, yes. NodeJS and express are good technologies to get your foot into backend development. Combine that with a database technology and a front end library like React, and you can learn a full stack, the MERN stack, or MEAN for Angular, whichever you prefer.

2020-07-08 02:43:23

@4
BrushTone is not so much meant for animation, so much as a generalized paint tool thats capable of it. You can make animations with it and view them via sonifier, or frame by frame, if you prefer. This isn't dissimilar to other tools like Asprite or GraphicsGale.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2020-07-08 12:15:40 (edited by goran 2020-07-08 16:25:36)

alright, thanks guys. Not going to bother with it then. I have something in mind as a personal project for now and hopefully it will turn into something bigger in future, but I could experiment with the coding and ask my wife's assistance for getting feedback on the actual output. By the way other than css, is there anything else I should be aware of in terms of accessibility before diving into this?