2020-06-21 22:30:27

@148and again this repeat button. The only thing you say it is ok because it is old. That is your opinion, but not the opinion of other people, besides, just saying every thing ends one day is not so good as well. Imargine if this forum went down and there was the slightest chance to bring it back. I don't think you would say every thing must end one day.
@149 and why isn't rs an fps then?

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2020-06-21 22:47:45

sorry for double posting but it seams likkke this one came up while i was writing my last post.
@150creative but still bad example. Reviving dead persons is not possible, reviving programs is. Also it's your opinion in mine and the opinions of other people here it shouldn't stay dead, cause in the last 2 yearas we had nothing in the least comparable to it. Especially the lot of weapons, the arena play, the combos, the fact that you needed no account and i could go on for so long.

2020-06-21 22:50:25

151, because of reasons that have already been said in this forum topic. In a true fps your able to turn freely where as in redspot your only abel to aim by moving to a certain place that alines with a target. A true fps means that you can stand anywhere, and turn any direction to aim as well as being able to stand in one spot and turn a full 360 degrees with either the arro keys, or the mouse

2020-06-21 22:57:36

@153 as far as i remember you could turn in rs, never did it though.

2020-06-21 23:19:48

I know  what an FPS is, and RS is not an FPS,  FPS stands for first person shooter, where as ppl have said swamp and shades of doom are FPS, due to the way you move and the way the view would be if it was a sighted game, however the movement in  RS shows that it's not an FPS, as your movement is limited to a grid style of movement

Thumbs up

2020-06-21 23:22:35 (edited by Simter 2020-06-21 23:22:47)

@155 if rs was still arround i would say what about trying to press q or e.

2020-06-21 23:33:02

seriously you just don't get what an FPS truely means, so what's the point in even trying to get you to understand the meaning of FPS?

Thumbs up

2020-06-21 23:59:58

Posts like #149 and #153 just prove that those who say rs wasn't an fps have absolutely no clue what they're talking about. Firstly, @153. Your post tells me you haven't even played rs. If you did, you would know that rs had allowed freeform movement anywhere within the 360 degree angle, with you being able to turn towards players and shoot at them at your leisure. What you described was a top down shooter where you had to use strafing to line up with enemies, similar to early versions of Ultrapower or undead assault. Yes this was also possible in rs, but it was definitely not practical, and the only way to survive was to use the distinctly fps style movement I outlined above. Now to you ZK. I would take #149 a bit more seriously if you actually knew what games you were comparing rs to. What didn't rs do that swamp does? 360 degree turning? Check. Focus always remains at player? Check. Proper turning system with ability to turn in full circles and start walking in any direction? Check. Ability to move up and down simultaneously to moving on the 2d plain in some cases? Oh wait, I forgot. Only rs does that, so it's not just first person, it's 3d first person. On top of that, Swamp has exactly the same system of keeping track of the player's location. That's right, the horrible thing you call "a grid." Go open up swamp and press shift+v, and be humbled by being exposed to the horrors of... grid based movement! nooooooo!
Concerning GTA. GTA V is not by default a first person game. The option to turn first person mode is there ,but usually that is off. Please take the time to properly inform yourself of what you're talking about before you come in here and spue your lies.
Finally, @157. Do please enlighten us. I really want to know what personally defines an fps for you, because you're currently doing a spectacular job of shouting "not an fps! not an fps!" over and over again without telling anyone why. I pretty much destroyed the one argument above you keep touting, which is the grid based movement thing. Other than that, you've taken no time at all to explain yourself.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up +3

2020-06-22 00:07:15

@158 funfact, it generally seams like a lot of these guys that complain about rs never played it them selves, funny actually. And about the repeating of not an fps, also a thing that happens so often on this topic, the all mighty repeat button. Me or another user busts an argument and another comes and sais the exact same thing again.

2020-06-22 00:19:05 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2020-06-22 00:26:06)

Simter, like it or not, what many of us are saying is true. You may not care that redspot is coded in bgt. But it is, and in some form, that will come back to fuck it over some time down the rode. What you want won't change facts. What I want won't change facts. If redspot came back, I would play it, because I didn't even bother with bases and what not. But it's not coming back, and no amount of asking will make it. Two years and just under 10 months is some time. Oh and by the way, q turned left, e turned right. In 360 degrees. Fps, dumbasses. Do your fucking homework once in a wile.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

Thumbs up

2020-06-22 00:26:05

@160 and now pull the it'sinBGT cart again. Still it was good for what it was and still has potential. Also keep your own facts together please, it was shut down in august2018. 2years du.

2020-06-22 00:33:57 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2020-06-22 00:39:43)

@simter, you are correct there, I got years mixed up, although I was there the day it went down. As for the it's in bgt card, it had potential, and I wish it still did. But if you read the take down message, it states that they wanted to recode it in a different language. Weather that was just a small part of why it whent down, I don't know, but the message was clear. Bgt is a dieing language, and we are refusing to see that the future is coming weather we like it or not. To open source redspot will just repeat a cycle that this community has been going through for years. And quite honestly I'm getting really fucking tired of it. If someone is going to make a new redspot, with a name change hopefully, why the hell should they make it in bgt?

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

Thumbs up

2020-06-22 00:39:29

@162 and a cycle that will probably only end then if either someone manages to rewrite bgt or if bgt doesn't work anymore. This cycle has never ended so open sourcing rs wouldn't resume it because it was never over.

2020-06-22 00:47:58

@simter, I should have said continue. Continuous cycle that’s been going on for years. You are correct in the regard that it was never over. But I think bgt can die if we just let it. We don't need bgt any more. People learned how to code before it came along and they can learn how to code after.

Thumbs up

2020-06-22 01:00:09

@164 when we talk about it that reminds me to put my bgt mirror back up. Dirty provoke i know but i just had to. Also if youu now try to say that rs should not be open sourced because we are in the bgt zone then, yeah. Ya know what? Knowing bgt helped me with learning python. Because bgt is similar to js  and some basics also are not changing in py. And now since we turned this topic into a wrong direction, back to the topic. What happened to carter by the way? Not only he has said nothing to this but he has like posted nothing for a whole week now.

2020-06-22 01:12:29

I’ve never seen him post on any of these topics. Make of that what you will.

Thumbs up

2020-06-22 01:25:14

@166true but his view at this point would be interesting. Also i was refering more too that he has posted nothing at all in a week.

2020-06-22 04:19:41

i mean i think that neither of those statements matter. Peopel don't have to post every week, hell if i watned to i could go just read teh psots on this topic or entire forum and not post for a month, and that wouldn't mean i'm dead. I'm sure you wouldn't give two shits if I left, died, never responded again anyway, well at least for some of you at least, but meh. carter has never to my knowledge made any statement in these kinds of topics unless its giving out a warning and doing his job as a mod.

Thumbs up

2020-06-22 04:20:46

Now, after you vote on a random poll created by a user called guest, everything will change, and the game you wanted will come back right away.

Thumbs up

2020-06-22 05:06:55

For the people who want RS back, why dont you create a better FPS then? Seriously, the time spent arguing your points is better spent coding a better FPS if you want it so badly.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

Thumbs up +1

2020-06-22 07:30:29

170 yes just yes

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

Thumbs up

2020-06-22 09:20:05 (edited by Mudb0y 2020-06-22 09:21:04)

For anyone that just says stop arguing redspot is not coming back diediediediediediediediediedie!
Its just a thread with our opinions on wether it should be back or not, so can you just stop pressing as simter sayd repeat button and move on with your lives?
You are literally spamming the topic with posts we havce seen before, so why bother to post more of the same shit over and over?
As i sayd, we share our different point of wiew here, so there's no need for posts such as "Let it die!" "Close the topic or i wil smashshshshshshshshshshssh!"

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

Thumbs up

2020-06-22 10:31:55

@172. read my post again. The time you spend arguing about a dead game is time better spent coding a better FPS that can learn from Red spot's mistakes. Why cant you guys accept that the game is gone?

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

Thumbs up

2020-06-22 10:55:31

+1 to @170. I will not let someone come in here and spout lies about rs because back in its day, it was definitely my favorite game. Especially not someone who obviously hasn't taken the time to play it and educate themselves. But I know full well that the bgt rs isn't coming back, and we're better off for it. This is what people like Simter have to still learn unfortunately. Face facts. If Sam or someone else puts up a version, even an open source version with custom server support, there's going to be lots of drama which will either come to Sam who doesn't want to deal with it, or it'll spill over to here which will make the forum look even worse. I remember times when there were no less than three rs drama topics right up in ggd within the first 10 or so topics on page 1. We don't need that again. I don't know how much hope to place in a python rewrite by Sam and Carter. I have the sneaking suspicion that this was said to pacify the louder members of the rs community that wanted their game back. Even if they rewrite it, how are they going to post it here? Sam left, and I don't know how willing Carter is to be a punching bad for the inevitable drama queens, greefers and trolls that will result out of a competitive fps on here. However, anyone who has the desire to come up with an fps of their own (not in bgt mind you)and gets that project off the ground, will have my full support. Make it happen.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2020-06-22 11:10:24

3well, considering i used to have sight and know exactly what an FPS is as i played enough back in the day including the origional FPS Doom, i think i know what i'm talking about, but there's no point in arguing as you just don't get it, i never said anything about the aiming either, i said about the movement,and yes i did play redspot on quite a few occaisions.

ya know what just keep on going on an on how much u want RS back, or even better get the dev to open source it, then in a few weeks we can see you all complaining when 10 'new' shooter games come out and you all sit there going oh here we go again another clone!

Thumbs up