2020-06-09 23:13:59 (edited by StormProductions 2020-06-09 23:15:16)

Hello,

We're thinking of opening a radio station for Blindie Connect, but here are a few questions we really need to have answered before setting it up.
1, and the most important: Is it really legal to have a radio station which is broadcasted only online without a FM frequency? I mean, do I have to get any copyright writen agreement for the music that we're going to broadcast on the station?
2: After we open the radio station, do you guys think of making radio shows and all that on the radio station? I mean, our team will also try to make radio shows, but do you also think of broadcasting on our radio?

Well, if I get other questions in mind, I'll go and post here.
Have a nice time!

Wanna chat? Hit me up on Telegram – it's the best way! Discord works too if you catch me there (StormProductions). If all else fails, just drop me an email at [email protected]. You’ve got options!

2020-06-09 23:27:32 (edited by serrebi 2020-06-09 23:32:42)

Not for where you live, you will be fine. I've never heard of any kind of punishment for not paying the royalties, anyway at the broadcaster level, even in countries where licensing things exist. This is so true, that There's so many radio stations now I don't see the point in running one anymore, myself.

2020-06-10 00:23:34

I agree with post 2 about starting a new station. Perhaps you'll have a good following, but there are many blindness-related stations out there already. It might be hard to find something that'll make a new one stand out. Just my thoughts.

2020-06-10 00:27:19

Hello,

That's totally true.
So if you've got any ideas about what should I do on this radio for it to stand out, let me know. I'll surely think about it.

Wanna chat? Hit me up on Telegram – it's the best way! Discord works too if you catch me there (StormProductions). If all else fails, just drop me an email at [email protected]. You’ve got options!

2020-06-10 01:27:57

as far as I know, you are supposed to have clearance for publickly broadcasting things ... I guess this would depend if you pretend to go really mainstream, but as there are many many stations out there doing i I guess its not really a problem

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2020-06-10 06:03:52

Well, personally, a name like Blindy Connect is just ugh, I wouldn't listen to any station, no matter how good its content, with a title or branding like that. This is coming from someone who made that mistake, i.e. I once had a podcast with the word blind in its name. While there were probably more than a few reasons that it never gained popularity, I can't help but think that one was probably the biggest. Yes, I know that things like Blind Bargains and Blind Abilities exist; however, what I'm trying to say is that you've got to overcome some pretty significant hurdles in order to make yourself valid when you've got that strike against you.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2020-06-10 10:27:03 (edited by StormProductions 2020-06-10 10:31:53)

Hello,

Yeah, I was also thinking of changing the radio name to something else, as Blindie Connect does sound good only for websites and other projects, not for radio stations.
Until we give this radio a name and start making radio shows, you can already tune in for some good music here:
http://blindieconnect.tk:9300/listen.pls
I'd of course accept all your ideas for names and things that we should do on this radio, so go ahead and tell me, what do you guys think?

2020-06-10 12:54:26

looooool, listen.pls, sorry... no offend but that extention is a bit funny

2020-06-10 16:24:43

Blindie, or blindy, does not sound good for anything, period. That is, any serious project. On the other hand, I don't mind the word blind itself in the title.

2020-06-11 02:21:37

Blindie is generally considered a slur. So if you want to really get this off the ground, best not to start off by offending people. I hate the term.

2020-06-11 18:26:38

may be you can broadcast game playes? like the clips of people achieving a high scoar or doing something funny

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon