2020-06-05 00:01:05

I mainly use the text guides because they’re easier to refer to. What on there is outdated by the way?

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2020-06-05 01:31:22

I'm not sure, last I checked it seemed pretty current, though to be faire its been a few years since I've used reaper, so could be wrong on that.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2020-06-05 13:52:27

@24, again, I really don't know given my setup and the fact that I've never had to resort to using an internal soundcard.  the second question, however, can easily be answered.  You need no NVDa assistance to go through the browser.  Once all of your NI and IKomplete kontrol stuff is registered and up and running, you'll be able to launch reaper and, provided your reaper settings are not arguing with you, you can create a track, insert a virtual instrument into said track, and provided the track is armed for recording and that you have the monitor set, you'll be able  to then do the rest with your KK hardware.  As I stated previously, your default TTs voice will be used; if you're using windows ten that will probably be David unless your languages and localizations are not American and the like.  Anyway, you'll hit the browser button on your a49 and you'll be able to move through sections which will lead to subsections, which will lead to even more subsections, and all of them will allow you to specify very precisely what exactly it is you want.  Once you've selected an instrument, sample library or whatever, you can then hit a key on your a49 and you should hear the magic!
I hope this helps, but don't wory about asking questions.  Helping is what I try to do best.  In all reality I'm sory for not being able to provide more info as I'm fairly new to this field myself.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-06-05 15:01:22

How do I get the instruments that come with a keyboard under the computer?

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2020-06-05 15:48:33

I assume you mean other keyboards?  To my knowledge, komplete kontrol hardware does not come packaged with any instruments by default.  That is why libraries exist.  Purchasing the a-49 should have given you access to komplete12 select at the very least, unless you bundled it with something else.  If neither of these two are the case, then you'll have access to the starter eddition which has a fair amount to keep you busy until you can upgrade.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-06-05 16:01:08

The keyboard description says this.

With more than 6,700 sounds and 13 GB of content included, A-Series keyboards come with everything you need to start making music. Register your hardware and get two powerful synths, two meticulously sampled pianos, and more. Plus with MASCHINE Essentials, you’ll have all the tools you need to go from inspiration to finished track.

Select on the other hand comes with 45 GB of content. I'm getting keyboard hopefully today so I’ll probably figure it out then.

2020-06-05 16:28:55

Hmm!  I'm going to have to look into that a little more closely when I get the time.  I have an a61, so if it does in fact have stuff already preloaded on it, I'd like to know that and how to access it, too!

2020-06-05 17:03:13

I believe that the a49 comes with Komplete Start. I bought my a61 in a bundle deal last July, where I was able to buy Komplete 12 for way less than its original asking price.
This may be a question that can be answer based on people's experiences, but I'm using Logic instead of Reaper.
Sometimes when I have a lot of tracks running, audio starts crackling. I am using a SteelSeries GameDac to plug into my Mac's speakers. Would that be more based on CPU throttling over anything else?
It's also crackling on my MacBook Pro's soundcard using headphones plugged directly in.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-05 17:26:30

Are you in fact saying your audio is clipping, or something else?  I'd need to hear what it is you're actually refering to, but if it is clipping, consider lowering the loudest track's volume and then using something to limit the final result.  Since many if not all of your libs/instruments will more than likely have different set volumes in comparison to one another its possible the only issue you're running into here is simply volume specific.  On the other hand, if its not a clip/distortion issue, perhaps you don't have enough processing power, which I suppose could be the case given that you stated it only seems to happen when you have a sizy amount of instruments going.

2020-06-05 19:19:34

I think it may be clipping. Thanks for the help.
I have a i7 2019 MACBOOK Pro, but seeing as it's an ultraportable CPU, it's not the mostpowerful thing in the world.
Quick question about uninstalling instruments: can I just delete the folders for stuff like Funk Guitarist, which basically is unusable, or do I need to do something else for the browser to work correctly?

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-05 22:25:48

You get the instruments onto your computer by adding the serials that come with the keyboard into NativeAccess. Heads up, those come on a physical piece of paper with the keyboard. If you throw that piece of paper away before copying the serial ...you are pretty much boned. NI won't give you a replacement ...have seen a number of people run into that.

2020-06-05 22:27:15

I wish Massive X was better implemented...some of the presets don't really have good NKS mapping.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-05 22:46:30

Well snap! I guess I threw away my paper; I mean even the box is gone!  :d

2020-06-05 22:49:18

Speaking of which, the Summer of Sound promotion actually just started.
You can upgrade to Select or more for 50% off. Preffty good deal imo.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-05 22:57:45 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2020-06-05 23:06:05)

@Nocturnus, Honestly, That may not be as bad as it sounds, as I think most if not all of that stuff is included with select anyway if the 49 and 61 come with similar sets of instruments.

2020-06-06 17:34:23 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2020-06-06 17:36:03)

I see no komplete kontrol Application on my desktop. When does this get installed? And do I need to install the contact player myself or will native access do all of this at some point? So far I’ve only logged in, and plugged in the keyboard, with windows setting something up afterwards

2020-06-06 17:45:23

You need to install everything, including the komplete kontrol application, from Native Access.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-06 18:40:52

Yeah, through the native-access app you go to the uninstalled section and install everything in it... Everything.

2020-06-07 05:29:41 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2020-06-07 05:30:19)

Two things.

It seems I have everything installed now. I can even browse and preview stuff. But when I load an instrument, no sound. I foolishly took one look at the Settings panel, or rather the person helping me did and read it bak, I thought it looked all right. So I’m guessing there’s some thing that I did not set properly.

Note I did this directly within the kontrol Application for this reason. In reaper when I click insert virtual instrument, and look through the list, there’s nothing from native instruments there. Just reapers default stuff from what I can see. Are there any specific settings I should try changing? And how can I get contact into reaper? Again thanks for the help.

2020-06-07 13:26:42 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2020-06-07 13:27:41)

I’m not sure if I have enabled the keyboard properly within the reaper settings dialogue. In the list of midi devices, there are two kontrol options, Komplete Kontrol A DAW, and Komplete Kontrol A49. A49 enables properly, wile DAW doesn't. What is this? I'm still having the problems from the previous post

2020-06-07 14:29:28

Lets see if I can help:
1.  go to your options menu.
2.  Under the plug-ins section there is one labeled Vst.  Tab into it.
3.  Your VST Plug-in path edit field should look more or less like the following.  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3;C:\Program Files\Native Instruments All of these are directories separated by semicolons.
4.  Once you have NI set in that directory simply tab to the rescan button and wait a bit.
5.  Tab to and activate the OK button and hopefully you'll be good to go.  If you're not ask further questions.

2020-06-07 15:10:51 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2020-06-07 15:18:38)

I think the only problem I have now is that Once I load an instrument, there is no sound. Are there settings in reaper or the komplete kontrol Application itself I need to look at? i’ve tried loading instruments in both, with the same results. The previews play fine, and I think the actual instrument loads fine. But when I start trying to play it, no sound.

2020-06-07 15:35:03

The only thing that strikes me as odd is that you stated Komplete a Daw was not enabling properly?  When I look at it on my list it says Komplete Kontrol A DAW; !!! N/A: Enabled; 1  1 of 2.
I don't know if this is what's giving you all the fuss, but I do know its enabled on my side.  I assume the track is armed and that your monitoring it?

2020-06-07 16:42:01 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2020-06-07 16:43:52)

Got it working. After playing around with it a little, I have a few more questions. How can I access different articulations for instruments that support them? Also, all the instruments I lode don’t seem to have any velocity sensitivity or round robins. Is that komplete start, or is there something I need to change?

2020-06-07 16:45:24

Another thing is check your audio prefs output and the like as well. I use logic for my native stuff but yeah use reaper here as well. Gotta be sure that your track is monitored enabled and armed also.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy