2020-05-16 21:33:13

mmm, time to improve my zombified game i guess

2020-05-17 01:21:22 (edited by lemm 2020-05-17 01:23:58)

Hi Jaiden,

thanks for altering post 1, I’ve just added a link to this topic in the main Sable topic. can I be a pain, could I ask you to change the deadline for votes to the 08th June instead of the 15th, so it only gives a week for people to vote on their favourite?

sorry to be a pain. but again a huge thanks for your help  with this, I think it’s a great idea and I’m really looking forward to watching everyone’s videos.

Paul Lemm

2020-05-17 02:35:18

There are no exceptions about the non copyrighted material I guess.
I have been working in a legend of zelda temed game, and for that I've got music and ovbiosly the hero's name. I have my idea mostly done in my head an partially in sable, and I'd like to participate, but I don't really want to do something different.
Anyway, good luck to everyone

2020-05-17 15:36:12

Hmmm, I think I'm almost done with a sort of demo of the my game, so I could probably see myself entering. Only problem is I don't really have a good way to record. I only have my IPhone which is hard to keep steady on the computer desk. Aside from that I could probably do it once I've finished putting the demo together..

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2020-05-17 18:56:12

@Lem, I updated it to 8Th June

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-05-17 20:12:04

This sounds great. I'll definitely be entering. My game has a few bugs right now!

2020-05-17 21:41:22

Mine has surprisingly few actual bugs. There are a few grammatical mistakes and one instance where a bit of quest completion dialogue repeats itself, but everything works surprisingly well, if extremely unbalanced in the heroes' favor just now LOL.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2020-05-17 23:57:36

Hi everyone,

@ Jaidon, huge thanks for changing that for me, also huge thanks for your help and for such a great idea.
@ Scarlett, I’m pleased to hear you will be entering your video, I’m really looking forward to watching everyone’s creations. When you say bugs, do you mean Sable bugs, or just things in your project you need to amend. If its Sable bugs drop me an email with anything you find that isn’t working correctly.
@ Bryan P, pleased to hear your video is coming along nicely, like I said to Scarlett I’m really looking forward to watching everyone’s videos. Oh, and the words no bugs is music to my ears hahaha.

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios
email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

2020-05-18 00:13:07

well, i'll try to rewrite zombie hie, its a zombie story but a lot difrint than omer's one so no worryes

2020-05-18 11:56:37

Well, I don't have an actual video but the game demo is more or less complete. As I said I don't really have a really convenient way to actually record anything. I have my phone but I don't have a way to keep it stationary while I'm using the laptop. But any issues in the game I suspect are probably on my end, as I said a few grammaticalmistakes and one dialogue repetition, not to mention the battle mechanics are far from balanced. But while the sound effects are still the placeholders, I managed to substitute all but three tracks with tracks of my own that I've had on my computer for years. They aren't my own compositions but they seemed to fit the story and they're royalty free.

2020-05-19 03:09:32

@35: You can use something like Total Recorder or possibly Virtual Audio Cable to record your gameplay. These programs record whatever sounds your computer is playing, so it will be a direct recording, and much higher quality than an open-mic recording from any type of speakers. If you wanted to give commentary while playing, you'd need to allow your microphone to also be recorded and I'm not sure how to do that.

2020-05-19 20:02:48

My bugs are mostly things that I need to fix. Where stats for battles are messed up, or same for abilities. I'm learning as I go along big_smile

2020-05-20 09:51:42 (edited by Dragons 2020-05-20 09:52:23)

I would enter, but I'm not going to finish on time.

Good luck everyones!!!

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2020-05-21 20:42:43

Problem is I don't have a mic. My laptop apparently has a built-in one but it only seems to work with very specific things like Cortana.

2020-05-22 16:37:52

use audacity its free or you can use the xbox game bar

2020-05-23 00:02:55

Again though, no mic, and I'd want to add commentary. Besides isn't AUdacity only for audio?

2020-05-23 00:05:39

hi
you can use WO mic to tirn your phone to a mic, its on android, not sure about IOS

2020-05-23 04:34:32 (edited by keyIsFull 2020-05-23 04:38:39)

@brian in order to record audio and the game at the same time you would need to buy a mixer or use a software audio routing program like vb cable or virtual audio cable. But you could record the game then record a separate track with your commentary over it. TO do so with audacity:
1. Go to the preferences dialog in audacity with ctrl-p, and in the treeview of preference categories, click the device option and then tab to the host field and choose windows wasapi from that list. Then press enter to close the dialog. Open the transport menu with alt-r then click rescan audio devices.
To record the game track, press shift-I from the main window and you will open a combo box with input devices. You will see a list of output device loopbacks such as speaker/headphones loopback. Pick the one that corresponds to your output device and press enter. Open the transport menu again, and under transport options, ensure the software playthrough is unchecked, and overdub is checked.
Press r to begin recording. Play through your game, it will get all your computer audio. When you are finished, alt tab back to audacity then press the spacebar. You can check the status bar and it will just give you the sample rate of 44100 if it's not recording.
To record your commentary:
press home to go back to the beginning of the recording. Go to the track menu with alt-t, click add new, then click audio track to start another audio track. Press shift-I to go back to the list of input devices then select your microphone, then enter to confirm. Check that track 2 is selected by pressing up/down arrows. If it says not selected or if track 1 is selected, press enter to toggle the select state of the track you are focused on. then press r to start recording your commentary. You'll hear the other track you recorded and you can talk over it and stuff. Press space when you're finished recording.
Press alt-f for the file menu, then click export and then click export audio... And then in the type combo box select mp3 and then in the name box name it and save it and just let it export and then dropbox it or something so we can hear it.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2020-05-23 06:42:46

@43: Just pointing out, #41 doesn't have a mic.

2020-05-23 14:52:23

he doesn't have a builtin mic on his laptop?

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2020-05-23 17:27:14

I think I do but so far I've never been able to get it to work for anything but Cortana.

2020-05-24 19:27:42

Hello, I am preparing something for the competition.
May I know where or to whom I should submit my registration once I have finished ?
If you have to send a download link I don't know how to do that.
Thanks in advance for your future answers and good luck to everyone.

2020-05-24 21:12:14

Hi.

You can uploade a dropbox, Google drive or any of those things in this topic. You guys have a few days left

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-05-24 22:01:13

ok thank you, I have until Monday morning I think. I have drop box, but I never used it for public downloads. I have to look how to do it. I'm not very good at it.

2020-05-24 22:02:52

and you can upload
wetransfer.com