2020-05-19 11:16:13

@50: I'd be very interested in a list as well. Anything goes really, listening practice is listening practice.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2020-05-19 12:15:00

Hi.

at Alex and Kaigoku if you again tell me what kinds of audio dramas you would like and some means of contacting you two I will throw together a List and send it to you, I guess that would be the easiest thing.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-05-19 16:17:35

You can see when admins have edited posts. I must ask, how else are they going to remove Offending content from a post? people got really mad about the word filter so that’s out of the question.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2020-05-19 17:26:00

@Simba: Horror, scifi, mystery, thriller, fantasy. Anything goes really. I believe you can send me an email via the forum? If not, throw me a PM and I'll catch it there.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2020-05-19 21:17:14 (edited by kaigoku 2020-05-19 21:19:49)

@53, I'm just expressing my concern about mods editing posts. Nothing wrong with that! Unfortunately, not sure they have much control of the forum code and its APIs anyway. Or at least put a warning system in place to flag potentially controversial posts or replies.
Also, about audio dramas, AlexN94 and I pretty much have the same tastes. Not much into Westerns or heavy political plots. You can PM me if you want, or even just having it out here for others to see is fine. Up to you.

2020-05-19 21:22:06 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2020-05-19 21:24:52)

@kaigoku The mods Had a word filter in place once. It would sensor out for example, the link to the audio vault site and the words audio vault. No one liked it at all and it was soon taken down. A flaging system is an idea though. If only the web masters were around.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2020-05-27 14:37:47 (edited by Dark 2020-05-28 07:32:38)

Well , I have now finished everything.
I started at season 1 (which I've heard twice before), did the mini episodes, then went on to season 2, which I just did the once in 15, then finished with season 3, which I finished.

I'll agree season 3 was an awesome thrill ride, I loved some of the new characters we were introduced too and that we got some nice questions answered.
My only miner issue with season 3 over all, is that whilst some of the character stories feel finished, many do not. It was a compelling, action heavy story and I was really taken up with things, but it felt a bit more like a concluding of a first part, than the final outcome I was expecting, since there was blatant setup for future events and a number of plot points not covered.
Okay, there endeth the general points I was wanting to make, after this stage I'll be mentioning specifics, so anyone who hasn't heard the entirety of season 3 should stop reading now.
Repeat! stop reading now if you don't want the series spoiled, because here come the spoiling spoilers which will spoil your enjoyment!

Still here? Sure you don't mind spoilers? Okay then, on with the spoilage!

The breakdown of leviathan was a truly nasty sequence, one of the most compelling and awful things I've heard in a long time, however I was severely severely disappointed that both Madox and Wit essentially got away scott free, especially with the implication that Evangeline  wasn't entirely successful at stopping the missile signal from being sent.

The Madox plot is very obviously setup for a sequel, especially with how Madox itself recruited wit later, and of course there is still the question about what is happening with the existing immortals who manage to flee leviathan.
All of this I wouldn't mind if indeed there was another season promised, but despite closure for some storeis, EG the people who died and of course Tully, others seem oddly open ended, which didn't make this feel the conclusion it should've been, rather like ending the starwars films with the empire strikes back, since other than Jason Sterling and the aliens, most of the really bad guys managed to get away.

Oh and btw, what exactly was the deal with Toshi? There was a fair amount of setup that there was something not quite normal about him, that his half immortal status would make him somewhat different, and he certainly doesn't act like an average six year old.
I was always expecting a concluding scene with him and his father after Tully left Tenaka in the hotel room poisoned, and was a little surprised it didn't happen.
I also am surprised that Toshi, Jason and indeed everyone else seems to forget Toshi's torture in season 1, that he was put in a high pressure room, and that you even hear him being burned when Jason was trying to get the location of Sutton manner out of Icoru?
It seems strange in a series that is so good at taking up previously mentioned plot threads, that this was never mentioned, indeed I wondered if this was part of Toshi's strangeness, that he healed quickly, or just recovered, or the like.

It was also a little jarring listening to all seasons through to notice some generalised character differences. For example when harlequin originally reaches Leviathan, Evangeline is less than pleased to see him, and they have quite the frosty reception, which makes sense given Harliquin's origin story in the rogue plague and what Evangeline did to him, indeed when  Evangeline thinks Harliquin is responsible for the virus, she is quite okay telling Bennu to do anything up to and including torture (this is after all Bennu we're talking about), to get information out of him, and yet this is never addressed? Yet by the time we got to season 3, all of that is forgotten about, as was Evangeline's highering of thugs like grvellar.
In general, whilst the production, events and characters were great, I was less pleased that in season 3 things became far less factional, and far more obviously good vs evil, with Evangeline a little too obviously being portrayed as the uncomplicated selfless leader, rather than (as previously), someone with her own morals and ideals who would be quite happy going to extremes in pursuit of those ideals.

Of course, part of this is also because the historical sections of leviathan and the blatant "all religion, and especially christianity is evil" got rather too heavy handed. Indeed, in the actual eleventh century, far be it from the evil Catholic church and colonising English to attack norway, the norse were actually ruling most of England at the time, and a lot of what we now would consider science was actually being done by! the catholic church themselves big_smile.

This is why Evangeline's death didn't perhaps bother me as much as it should've done, despite the fact that she was obviously trying to stop something worse from happening, indeed I always thought Evangeline and Sention were in some ways similar, both leaders bound by their own ideals with a ruthless streak, and yet I sort of got the idea that we were supposed to care more about Evangeline's death than sention's.

So, all in all, season 3 was a really good, and horribly dark season, albeit one which did annoyingly simplify the playing field a little, however I do feel mildly cheated in terms of finishing character stories, and really hope we see more of that universe in the future, since as a final conclusion to a series it just left too many lose ends to really feel satisfying.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-05-27 15:41:40 (edited by Still_Standing 2020-05-27 15:45:25)

i'll be talking about spoilers in here, so  if anyone is reading this, stop right now

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
i do agree with post 57 here, i honestly didn't like Wit robberts geting away in the epilog episode, i hoped that he'll have an end just like the a;aliens did
i kinda hoped toshy's story would have some kind of  an ending to it as well, the epilog  also left some questions: what's the diel with the woman who helped Wit escape the  hospital?
in general, i very much like this season despite the events that happened, i wish they'll be an other season, it's awesome

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2020-05-27 18:09:59

@58 I doubt there'll be another full season like we just got. In all of the sope boxes I've listened to talk has always been of 50 episodes. If laputka's plans changed in the meantime, great. What I do know is that there is probably going to be more content, according to what the leviathan twitter says.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-05-27 19:42:26

@Conor, I'd heard 3 seasons and 50 episodes too, right back when season 1 was still being broadcast, which is why the ending threw me a little.

Spoilers ahoy, so stop reading now if you haven't heard the end or don't want the ending spoiled by the spoilers of spoiling.

The ending seemed blatant setup to me. Wit robberts escaping, the fact that there is obviously another faction we don't know about who have apparently intercepted some of the Immortals leaving leviathan, who may or may not be allied with Maddox and  maybe the aliens as well, and who have obviously now recruited, or at least acquired Wit Roberts' services for their own reasons, quite aside from what will happen to the rest of the immortals under Makallan's leadership, or what Mai Lee and Oberlin, and Lisette and Clurrican's respective new missions are, and what the deal is with Toshi.

I'm not necessarily thinking a Leviathan chronicles season 4 here, but there should be at least something, and maybe an indication that episode 51 was the end of the first act or first volume, rather than  being the definite end with no word.

If I'd known that there's going to be a sequel series or a season 4 or something, I wouldn't have been expecting season 3 to tie up lose ends and finish things, so lack of conclusion wouldn't have felt quite as dire.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-05-27 19:50:43

Hi.

I also will throw some spoilers out here, so stop reading, hit ctrl to stop your screen reader, atention, spoilers ahead!

Another thing that I find strange is that some characters appear very early on in the series and which are suddenly gone, as well as certain events.
For example, Makallans grandmother who basically puts her on the trail of Leviathan by mensioning it doesn't appear anymore after episode 4 or so, she's just gone without a trace.

the same with Sedwig, described as a lifelong friend of Makallan, he is last seen in Inia when the Mumbai base is evacuated and is just gone suddenly and never heard of again.
the same with the police charges against Makallan, where the hel did they go.

I kmnow the characters are minor to the story, but the fact they are just gone without any word is sorta strange.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-05-27 20:02:55

Spoilers ahoy! beware the spoiling spoilers of spoieriness!

@Simba, I agree on characters getting lost, once more this seems part of Season 3 becoming far less a factional story, and far more a good vs evil tale with Makallan just taking up the awesome leader roll, rather than being someone with a specific past.
I will say, I like the fact the series avoided Makallan going with the "you are special, and everything depends upon your specialness", trope which was rearing it's head in season 1 by  limiting Makallan's contact with starstones, and also putting her in situations  where her status mattered less and she was in more immediate danger, but it would have been nice if she could've been acknowledged to actually be a person with a past rather than an awesome hero, heck, for all she was very sad about the bloody murder of her boyfriend by wit robberts in season 1, she pretty much seems to have forgotten him entirely.

2020-05-27 23:07:26

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
I'm also curious about the sphere that Macalin found way back in chapter 2. The purpose of that was never explained, beyond being a convenient way to drop the word leviathan early.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-05-28 02:13:38

I don't think editing of posts actually matters much in most instances. Speaking personally, I only edit posts to remove problematic links. I would consider doing so as well if a post had extremely offensive material or personally identifiable information that was not already freely available. But generally if I edit your post, I tell you I'm doing it and I tell you exactly -why I'm doing it.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-05-28 12:47:17

@Conor, I sort of got the idea that the sphere was something to do with general communications with leviathan, but yes, it should've been explained, or at least clarrified.
Even if the author lost the voice actor for Sejwick so had to edit him out of the series, it might have been good to finish his plot off somehow, indeed when we're told that Makallan's parents died in a marine biology expedition, I was sure there would be some explanation as to how and why, and was rather surprised it never showed up, unless again, this was suppose to be a plotline seen later.

Spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers!

I did wonder, if Gravellar's thugs actually knocked off Makallan's parents, perhaps even on Evangeline's orders once she found out about the program to create a clone of her, since the last thing Evangeline would would want, would be someone else the soraxians could use, indeed again, this seems another step in softening Evangeline's character and making her a good bit less complex, which seemed to happen when she showed up in season 3.

2020-05-30 01:33:41

is their a file converter I can download? all the files came up as M4B.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.