2020-05-13 14:19:43

@26: Sadly I'm now in the same boat as you in that regard as I managed to get that far into the post. Glad that there's at least a spoiler warning edited in now.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2020-05-13 14:25:00

moderation:
Simba. Consider this a warning. Your post contained spoilers with zero "clear" prior indication. The rules tell you how to mark a post as such, please review them.
As a reminder, common sense is subjective. What you know, believe, and hold as truth others may still be questioning or entirely unaware of for a variety of reasons. Similarly, your post clearly impacted a couple potential readers by divulging potentially unwanted details about a character. The fact that you still haven't edited it (I did it, your welcome) shows a blatant disregard. This has been noted.
In short, people don't always see things the same way you do. When in doubt, it's far better to be explicit than implicit, hence our firm stance on this rule.
end moderation

For the record, I got done binging the directors cut the day of it's release. I just happened to be browsing this topic and came across your post.

Also, if multiple people are expressing even slight irritation, fixing the issue (completely in your power) would have been the right thing to do. It just so happens that this particular issue could be remedied in less time than it took you to fire off the quick retort which I am about to address.

simba wrote:

Regarding the epilogue, yeah true, some character endings do leave a lot to be desired, the ones for Mey Lee, Oberlin and Witt I would have liked to see an ending to those.

We're good here. This isn't really a spoiler, though nor is it a warning of an impending one as seen by 22 and 26.
Below, however, we have a new line character, "0xa", "\n", usually denoting another paragraph or for all intense and purposes another section. Such does indeed turn out to be the case.

s
p
o
i
l
e
r's ahead

Simba wrote:

Also, the way how they killed off Senshun is just, well, not really what I would have expected.

Not only is this strewn out in the middle of nowhere, the event in question isn't even found in the epilogue. I don't know any other way of explaining it... You just informed all potential readers of the demise of an extremely important character. This could seriously impact the series for future readers if not marked correctly.
Please be more mindful next time.

2020-05-13 16:37:42

Especially for those of us who were huge fans. Sure it's edited now but those of us who saw it before the edit and didn't press CTRL in time, that can't be undone. I rarely ever say this but fuck you @19. That genuinely made me angry that you did that and it was horridly inconsiderate.

And then the fact that a mod had to edit it for you because you simply can't take the time to do it yourself. That's really low.

I was one of those that didn't tune into the live stream of episode 39 because I didn't want to listen to it until I went back and listened to the first 2 seasons again after buying all three the day season 3 dropped. You pretty much just ruined it. The worst part about all this is that the topic title doesn't even indicate spoilers contained in the topic. It was a discussion about season3 coming out, not its full plot line.

So yeah, fuck you.

2020-05-13 17:54:53

Ok ok, chil your fucking base people.
Yes ok, I screwed up with that post, I was under the impression that mensioning the epilogue might imply that spoilers are ahead, it's the epilogue after all, but well, if you count for common sense for once, it's apparently not enough, good to know.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-05-13 19:32:42

I finished the season.

I really feel like there should be more story. The epilogue ended on an awesome note but on a note where there's more that needs to be told.

Given how it ends the additional stuff may need to be in a spinoff.

2020-05-13 21:51:27

Oh wine wine wine.
People, if a show is crap enough to where knowing the end of the story ruins the entire thing and makes it not worth your time to see everything leading up to that point, why watch it in the first place?
And I agree with Simba for the most part.  A mention of the epilogue should have you hitting H right away, and if you don't than you really only have your self to blame.
Posting huge spoilers on a topic that isn't marked spoilers isn't very cool, and he probably should have tagged it, but IMO that was not worth a warning.

2020-05-13 23:52:34

I dont usually agree with Simba, but 28 I think was a bit much. Telling someone fuck you, on a public forum is a bit overboard. I think waltzing into a topic like this you should be prepared for spoilers.

Simba, you're not off the hook either. You could just have put in the tag and be done with it.

I think a caution would have been a better choice, but what's done is done

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-05-14 02:15:09

what does the directors cut have that the podcast version doesn't have? does anyone have the extras? do they add anything to the story or are they just fillers? I'm thinking of getting the extras too.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2020-05-14 12:02:01

s
p
o
i
l
e
r

Agreed with 30. The epilog and the final chapter leave a lot of open endings to characters. There's the potential here for an entirely new conflict. I mean, I don't know if Christoph has anything like this planned, but 50 chapters was always supposed to be the scope of the production so I doubt it. But suffice it to say that there are now two entirely new parties with, it seems,  differing interests, as well as rogue elements, and... I just want more! moooooooore! Because it's really, really hard to find english audio dramas of good quality, and the german ones there are are, as Moritz said, either long-running detective dramas, urban fantasies, or kiddy stuff.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-05-14 12:20:08

@34 hey, thanks for putting the spoiler warning! I appreciate that. smile

2020-05-15 02:27:46

Moderation:
Munawar, consider this an official warning. That sort of personal attack is unwarranted. You have every right to be upset, but you could've expressed yourself without personal attacks. You're a long-time forum user who normally doesn't do this, so I'm taking it as a sign that you were really pissed off. Still, rules are rules.

end moderation

Implying that a show is bad because you're upset by knowing its ending is ridiculous, by the way. Some people really, really hate having stuff spoiled, and some of the best stories I've ever read would have lost a lot of their punch had I been informed about the spoiler ending beforehand. Odd Thomas is one of them. That book literally made me turn it off for five minutes, because I read it less than two months after my brother died, and part of the ending made me cry. If I'd known it was coming, it wouldn't have possessed the emotional impact that it ultimately had. So someone not being considerate of others in this way is...kind of being jerkish and/or inconsiderate, at the very least. Yes, the internet is a spoilery place, and yes, one shouldn't expect spoiler-free safety everywhere you go, but that also doesn't mean that someone who has their experience spoiled is whining just because they're pissed. Because here's the deal. Once you know something, you can't just un-know it again. That's something Munawar, and perhaps others who read it, will never, ever get back.

Now, with all that moralizing out of the way, I'd like to ask a question.

What the hell is this? I've heard of it, but am curious about it. Is there an ongoing plot (assuming yes)? Is it free or paid, and if paid, how expensive? Also, how are its production values? I consider We're Alive to be decent (its sound design was pretty good, its acting was up and down).
Some of these I could probably answer for myself but I'm trying to get a fix on how folks feel about this before I put in the work. If anyone would help me out with regard to my questions, I'd appreciate it hugely.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-05-15 03:05:39

I’ve included the official description below instead of at the top of this post because it actually kind of contains a few spoilers. it’s an audio drama podcast that started all the way back in 2008. It was probably one of the few of its kind back then. You can here it's age in the first episodes, but honestly, the story is very well done and the sound design gets increasingly better, as does the audio quality. It has a 4.5 stars rating on apple podcasts. The first two seasons are available for free and the third is being incrementally released starting on June 15, but you can basically buy it for almost as little or as much as you want right now. The directors cuts include bonus podcasts and storyline. I personally recommend it to anyone who likes podcasts in the audio drama and science Fiction fields.

Description begins.

The story is centered around a hidden city called Leviathan that lies deep within the dark trenches of the Pacific Ocean. The city is home to a community of immortals that sought to create a utopia over 1,000 years ago. For a millennia, they lived in peace and secrecy, gently influencing world events to aid the advancement of mankind. But a terrible secret has been kept deep within the catacombs of Leviathan that threatens the existence of the immortals, and quite possibly the entire world.
One woman named Macallan Orsel, a young genetic scientist in New York, discovers she is descended from a group of immortals that rebelled against Leviathan and are now waging a civil war around the globe. As the immortal war spills into the realm of mortal man, Macallan realizes that she holds the key to stopping the battle and bringing peace to Leviathan. But a clandestine government agency called The Blackdoor Group is trying to exterminate the immortal population and has identified Macallan as their critical target.
The Leviathan Chronicles was launched on April 21, 2008, and is written & created by Christof Laputka, and directed by Nobi Nakanishi.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2020-05-15 12:22:04

@Jayde: yup, I let my emotions get the better of me on that one. I won't apologize for how I feel though.

2020-05-16 03:49:15

No, Munawar, I'd neither ask you to apologize for how you feel nor expect you to do so. In fact, I generally agree with you. It was in how you expressed how you felt, not that you felt that way at all.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-05-16 08:41:43

@Jayde: It's an audio drama about an alien lifeform that delivers pseudo-immortality to Earth. Other factions want their hands on the tech as well so there's a conflict.

It went on hiatus for a very long time because the producer had severe personal issues so he was dealing with his family at the time. I would say it's been at least eight years since I listened to the drama because I remember being introduced to it in 2011.

They dropped season 3, the final season, this week Monday as of this writing.

The character that @19 spoiled is significant to the story now that I've started listening to season 1 again. So if you do end up listening to it, be aware that you won't be able to connect with one of the main characters because you know his ending already.

On mainstream forums, spoilers are immediate grounds for permabans so @19 got off easy on this one. I remember when Game of Thrones was still running, even the actors were under contract to not reveal anything even hinting at a spoiler or they'd be fined. I'm one of those that absolutely hates! spoilers, because as @Jayde pointed out it kills the mood in many cases. I never watched Game of Thrones but I knew a lot of people who did, and the reactions when someone would spoil something were cultish.

For those of you who don't think this is a big deal, maybe you simply haven't waited as long as others of us have for the final season.

@Simba: I love the passive aggressiveness there with the common sense comment. (Sarcasm.) Apparently you don't know what a spoiler is or you simply don't have enough common sense yourself to think "hey, even though I've finished it because I have all the time in the world to just sit there and binge the damn thing, other people don't." I've been looking forward to starting the series this weekend after work and you pretty much ruined that whole experience. Consider yourself lucky to not be on a forum where they take spoilers seriously or they'd never let you back on.

In case you don't know, it's common sense (your words) and considered common forum etiquette to not spoil a series. Just take @34's example where they clearly warned of a spoiler ahead.

If it was up to me you'd be permabanned like I've seen other forums do when someone spoils something. In fact I daresay just getting a warning is letting you off too easy. It's akin to mentioning a significant plot twist to Harry Potter's character Dumbledore that happens in The Half-Blood Prince.

2020-05-16 09:45:32

Hi.

at 40 lol, common sense is, if you see a topic about a new season of a series for which you waited many years and you start tbhinking "Hey, this might contain spoilers later on, so better wait off with reading the threat till I possibly watched the hole or part of the series.". That my fit throwing friend, is common sense.
And, the mensioning of the epilogue. What now, you're also trying to make me responsible for you not beeing able to stop your screen reader in time in the next post? Wondering how that will turn out.

Also you know what's funny? I initially deleted my post with the spoiler which you, in your enraged toddler hissy fit throwing state probably didn't even notice by now. So, for someone who reads this threat and is wondering what all the fuss is about, might finally arive reading post 40, and well, who is it now who is hinting at a, look out:
s
p
o
ii
l
e
r

Not so nice ending for the character in question? Exactly, it's your post mensioning it without any sort of warning before that smile

Greetings Moritz.

2020-05-16 11:38:48

well,  that was, a quite ending i must say

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2020-05-16 16:43:39 (edited by Dakonna 2020-05-16 16:44:04)

hi, are there any spanish speakers who have the director's cut? I have a question.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
At the end of the epilog, after the credits, there is a long pause, then a scene where Macalin gets into a truck with a spanish guy who holds a pretty long monologue. Could someone transcribe what he said in english, or just sum it up if you don't feel like typing it all out?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-05-16 16:53:18 (edited by Munawar 2020-05-16 17:35:39)

First of all @Simba, the mods had to edit your post to put the spoiler warning in there. Second, it took you this long to delete it. To those of us who have seen it already, that doesn't matter. SO piss off.

No, this was a topic discussing how cool it was that season 3 dropped. Then you come in with your God damn spoilers without even thinking twice that hey, there are people here who haven't listened to the whole thing. As an admin showed us earlier, you start to mention the  epilogue with no spoilers, and then just dive right into it. My screen reader is set really fast so no, I didn't have the time to press CTRL before you revealed a major plot line. So go on, blame others for your irresponsibility, I guess that's just how you are. Then again I live in America (not sure where you reside) so I guess I should be used to that sort of attitude. "Oh, I fucked up, but it's everyone's fault but mine."

I don't care by now that you deleted your OP on this subject.

Look even @AlexN94, post 26, had the plot ruined for them by your carelessness. Hope you're happy. I wonder how many other things you've spoiled for people since you clearly don't understand the etiquette around spoilers. For your reference: https://www.forbes.com/sites/annabenyeh … n-asshole/

These days, we have to account for a different type of television: the show that drops, in its entirety, in a single night. Sure, some folks have the ability to binge-watch an entire season of Orange is the New Black in a single sitting as soon as Netflix releases it. But most people have a life, so please wait a full week (or two) to converse about it in a public setting.

Scream “Spoiler Alert!” Before Talking, Tweeting, Texting or Even Thinking About a Show
People are busy. Not everyone can tune into the latest episode of This Is Us every Tuesday night. Some folks need a day or two (or a week or three) to catch up so, be nice. Feel free to chat about whatever it is you need to discuss but introduce your commentary with a loud “spoiler alert!,”

You did neither of these things in your original post 19, and this is not even 2/10 of the article I've linked.

The fact that you made it through all of season 3 the day it came out shows that you've got time that a lot of us don't, and you didn't consider that at all when you came on here with your stupid spoiler. You're lucky to be able to sit there and binge the whole thing like that.

2020-05-16 20:56:18

Hi.

At 43 sure I can listen to it and translate the thing, I'll drop you a PM when I'm done, will see how long it takes though, if someone is faster just announce it here.

At 46 lol firstly, it took me just some hours to delete the post, for your reference.

And secondly, let me think ... hmm ... yeah, I think I once accidentally spoiled a part of a plot from a book to a friend and another time another little plot line from a series which wasn't major though.

So yeah, here you have your answer, about two times some years ago :=.

Greetings Moritz.

2020-05-16 22:00:10

When I checked yesterday at around 5pm ECT it was already deleted so yep.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-05-18 17:51:14

I realize I'm late to the party, but I really object to cartertemm's heavy handedness in his moderation. True it's only a warning, but allowing such frivolous warnings to go sets a precedent, especially when they're set against the stark community failure of the rest of the posters in the offending topic by being extremely offensive and rude, rather than politely pointing out the lack of spoilers and leaving it at that.

Guidelines wrote:

You will not face punishment for failing to adhere to our guidelines unless you are doing so repeatedly for a prolonged period of time.

Does Simba's refusal to modify a single topic's title in this topic constitute repeated offenses? Are we now holding guidelines as official rules? I thought guidelines were, you know, just guidelines.

Rules wrote:

5. Please consider others when you post. While some users do not mind having game details discussed at length, others do not want their experience spoiled. As such, we ask that you clearly mark any game info that could constitute a spoiler with some sort of text which denotes it as such.

The rules page clearly state that "we ask", not that "we require". This is a guideline for courtesy and consideration -- it is not written as a mandate.

If we take a look at the available BB codes, we see that they don't even have a spoiler tag, which further reinforces the idea that spoilers aren't as important as people are blowing the issue up to be.

I'm personally protesting any warnings or reprisals that might've been granted to and directed at the original poster, simply on merit of documentation and implementation. There are no true facilities to be able to hide text behind a spoiler tag. There are no actual rules, just a guideline request. There is no reason, therefore, that the original poster should've received so much vitriol from some of the posters in this topic, a few of whom I would have supposed had the maturity to refrain from lashing out at the original post in the manner they chose.

If this is going to be the new norm where we can be reprimanded for "guidelines" and not "rules", and where it's perfectly ok for community members to express hostility towards another poster without themselves receiving any kind of correction, then this forum is probably no longer the kind of place I wish to frequent.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2020-05-18 18:05:32

Hi.

at Xvordan to be fair, Munawar did get a repremand from Jayde some posts back, somewhere in the early 30s, it's again not noted down in the official topic in the sight and forum room.
I see Karter generally as an admin who is pritty impulsive on the warn/ban trigger and often doesn't really think about the actions he is taking, generally I don't get why he is an admin anyway.

But at least for me, I'm done with the topiic, I still talk about it, I go shut up about the spoiler and the fact that some people don't have common sence about here, I keep quiet and in a month the warning is gone anyway.

But as a general thing regarding the forum, you know, if ideogames had an extra forum, I would have left this thing a long time ago.

Greetings Moritz.

2020-05-18 20:51:27

Here we go again!
It's been a while since I read the rules, but it gives me some concern that a mod can potentially just edit my posts. I know this wouldn't be done maliciously, at least I hope not, but just the idea that it could be done makes me feel uneasy. If only we had a filter system in place that could filter out words, links, etc, instead of giving this much power to a user group, I'd feel better.
I mean, an idea would be to program a system with a database of words, URLs, plagiarism, and more that would pre-analyze a post before posting to the website. Then we run into the issue of censorship of course. Well, whatever! I'm not one to break rules anyway, usually.
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with any of that spoiler stuff, but it just something I thought to bring up.
Also simba, could you give me a list of German audio dramas? I'm actually learning some German.

2020-05-18 21:28:15

@49: what kind of audio dramas do you like in general? I am also a german speaker and I could also give you some dramas if you like.