2020-05-10 12:44:13

I put up a key guide for anyone that needs it until the documentation is out. By the way, the engine is awesome, I couldn't resist making a multiplayer game simulator in it.

2020-05-10 12:46:10

Hey there,
The documentation is now included in the package. Simply redownload and you'll have the docs. That was a mistake on my part, sorry about that.

2020-05-10 12:50:07

For my part everything is going very well. This is really what I expected, and
I'm having fun !!!

2020-05-10 12:54:56

Morning again everyone,

So the official topic has now gone live! I’ll put a link to the new topic which is in the new releases room in the forum. In my rush to get you all out a copy of Sable earlier, I had forgotten to include the user manual in the download link. I have since added the user manual to the download link. So if you got Sable hot off the press earlier and it didn’t have the user manual, simply redownload Sable and it will now have the full user documentation. As ever thanks for the patience, support and the overwhelming love and hype I saw for sable earlier. Hope you are all enjoying Sable, I’ll try and answer any questions which come in, I will I’m sure be manically busy over the coming days, so do try and also help each other out, we want to build a community of creators around Sable, so if you see a question come in which you know the answer to, please do feel free to help each other out, especially in the new topic since people may be completely new to the concept of Sable, whereas most of you already have a wealth of knowledge of the project due to watching all the videos and following this post.  I look forward to seeing some of the interesting conversations around sable, its uses and the unique way people find ways of creating using the Sable tools. Also if anyone does decide to share videos of their projects, remember to mention Ebon sky studios and Sable, point out its only in alpha at present, but most importantly send me a link to your videos as I’d love to watch them myself. Thanks for all the love and hype again this morning. Link to the new topic  and to the official Ebon sky Studios download page is below:

New topic:
https://forum.audiogames.net/post/527757/#p527757

Official Ebon Sky Studios download page:
https://ebonskystudios.com/sable-alpha-download/

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios
email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

2020-05-10 15:33:35

Wow!!! That's excellence!! I'll download right now!!!

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2020-05-10 16:15:51

guys, I cannot download the package again. could one of you upload the documentation somewhere?

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-05-10 16:47:30

Hi.
I have recreated Palet Town from Pokemon red. It has the same music and everything. I am gona add the rest of the game locations as well.

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-05-10 16:55:41

Hi everyone,

@pool, drop me an email to [email protected] and I’ll get you a copy of the documentation.
@ Gameulation,, that is so  cool you have recreated Pallett town, although Now, I want to go play Pokémon hahaha

Also huge shout out again to everyone for all the positive comments and hype around Sable, also a huge shout out to the private testing team who have been working tirelessly to spot bugs so we could get this current version of Sable out to everyone today, we honestly wouldn’t be hhere with outthem, so huge thanks.

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCukIw1 … 9ps1vbnWMg
Twitter: @ebonskystudiosTwitter: @ebonskystudios

2020-05-10 19:07:48

Hi guys.
So this is just a little sonething I am working on. If you want to see what I am duing you can click ong the link below. And Right feedback. I would love to heer what you guys think of this.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11YYTy … PYWwioQa9y

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-05-10 23:15:00

I was thinking about making a cloned version of Sky Rim or something, but wonder how long that would take.

2020-05-11 08:31:15

Hi lem!
I am getting this error in sable while starting play mode:
Call stack size: 4

Function: void play_indoor_music(bool = false)

Function: bool main_menu_result(string)

Function: void front_end(bool)

Function: void main()

2020-05-11 12:04:08

Hi,

@ AnamLion, sorry to hear you are having this issue. I think  it is you that has written me off list. I just need  a little more information to work out what has caused this. if it was you that emailed me earlier, could you reply  to the email I sent you and we can resolve this issue. If it wasn’t you who emailed me drop me an email to [email protected] and we can work out what caused this and how to fix it

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios

2020-06-03 19:17:05

I definitely enjoyed the alpha. One question that occurred to me is if it would be possible to create scripted battles. What I'm getting at is a boss battle that, for story purposes you're required to lose, but which you could theoretically win with proper preparation. The story would proceed the same way overall regardless of whether you won or lost the battle, but winning would net you a lot of EXP and/or gold and also a really good item. An example of this, for anyone familiar with mainstream games, is the Lufia series which began on the Super Nintendo back in the 1990's. The first of the game's four main bosses is a godlike being named Gades, who easily defeats the player the first time they encounter him. In the first game in the series it's quite literally impossible to win, but in the second game you can win the first battle, which would net you his sword, a very powerful weapon. The third game features two of these story battles with Gades, which again you can win with proper planning and a little luck. Again, both battles would net you powerful equipment if you manage to win them. There's a situation in the game I'm working on that's like this, where Luke encounters one of the main villains and is supposed to be defeated for story purposes, however if you can manage to win you would earn a powerful piece of magical armor. So I'm wondering if Sable will ahve the capability to create such a scenario. Sorry if this sounds too complicated LOL.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2020-06-03 19:19:52

its currontly not do that as far as i know

2020-06-03 19:40:21

Probably not, but the question is whether it could be implemented if it hasn't already.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2020-06-08 17:06:35

Hi Bryan,

I know what you mean, I’ve seen this in main stream games, actually  before Ebon Sky Studios or Sable I started to hard code an RPG, one of the first battles was with the arms master (or someone like that), more about teaching some of the basics of battle, but was completely impossible to win. At the end of the battle rather than killing the player it went into a cut scene didn’t actually kill the player, just moved to a cut scene, where you were thrown a potion to recover and encouraged to track him down when you had a little more battle experience under your belt to challenge him again later in the game. I don’t think something like that would be hard to code into Sable, just an  extra flag at the point of creating the battle trigger event, which tells Sable not to kill the party if they are defeated. The more tricky thing would be if you wanted it to fire at a specific point in the battle, rather  than once  they are all defeated, since I’m sure almost everyone  would want something different, so that might make it more tricky in this current version of Sable.

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios

2020-06-08 17:42:45

if you think a little, its possible
triggerring the fleeing code and displaying the event after shouldnt be that hard
this was a verry easy salution but its kinda possible

2020-06-08 21:23:10

I just like the idea of boss battles that you aren't supposed to win for story purposes but which you can with a little careful planning, then you could win a cool reward if you manage to do it. Then of course there would be a slightly different cutscene that would play, which would set the story up to proceed in more or less the same way it would have had you lost the battle like you were supposed to.

2020-06-10 00:57:43

Hi,

@Omer,The flee option is a good idea, I think the tricky point is choosing when to have that fire. For example, do you have it when all players reach zero, just one of the party, what about if the enemy does an attack which affects multiple targets that kills lots of them in one go, leaving no party members standing, or  if the player dies from a status affect, I think its things like that which make it a little trickier. I think the simplest of all solutions is to simply have it so that the players are all defeated  as usual, , but just prevent the game over function running, instead take you to whatever was due to happen after the battle, cut scene etc.

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios

2020-06-10 10:48:11

hello,
the user can abel to select when its going to fire
death from status effect, hit with an ability, surton party member death, enemy health below surton percentage, or even usage of a surton item
then after that fires, simply call the required function and its all done.
i rushed this in like fiew minutes, so  this idea probably has so many bad points to consider

2020-06-14 20:43:26

Hay Paul, I just sent you a PM, because Microsoft is saying your e-mail address doesn't exist even though I just got a message from you...
Later!

2020-06-14 21:27:58

Yeah, generally in mainstream games this type of battle ends when all participating party members are defeated, but instead of the usual game over function you would have the cutscene that would advance the story. Then in situations when the battle could theoretically be won with proper preparation, there would be a cutscene that would still set the story up. So if you were fighting a pure antagonist, he or she might still hit you with a powerful attack that knocked you down. Or if we were taking Paul's description where it was just an NPC testing your abilities, they might actually congratulate you. If you lose like the story says they might say something like I see your potential. Then if you did manage to win they might say something like I'd hate to be your enemy!

2020-06-15 02:47:44

Any of you tried to e-mail Paul Lemm lately?
He sent me an e-mail, but when I replied, I got a Microsoft "person doesn't exist" error bot message, and the ebon sky studios web site appears to be down with a database error.
Could these things be connected?
Later!

2020-06-15 03:36:03 (edited by Dragons 2020-06-15 03:39:37)

Hey threeblacknoises!!

Nevermind!! It's didn't go through. Look like the website still down as well.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2020-06-15 13:48:30

Hi everyone,

Sorry for anyone having problems trying to contact me. we are changing hosting for our website and were told it would be down for 24 to 48 hours, but I didn’t realise that it would impact our email too. I’ve emailed our web designer  asking him to look into this for us, so hopefully he’ll have a solution soon (although we are in totally different time zones , so that may slow things slightly), but as soon as it is up and running again I’ll post here . in the mean time if anyone needs to reach me urgently you can reach me on  [email protected]

Paul Lemm