2020-04-27 22:24:06

Hello everybody. Spoiler don’t read if you haven’t reached level 16. So I found a thief and now I have to upgrade him. I played for a couple of hours but he seems very very crappy to me. What do you thing should I upgrade to? Which kills and attributes? I tried giving him a bow but doesn’t work. What should I do with him, which skills are the best? I don’t want to upgrade him because then I have to start over again. Any tips? Thank you very much in advance.

2020-04-27 22:58:52

Get him up to 19 or so, increase his dexterity and he'll hit like a tank.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-04-27 23:42:39 (edited by omer 2020-04-27 23:42:52)

simion, dude you call him crap, i have no words

2020-04-28 00:02:34

First off, with that guy in your party, you're able to open up locked containers and chests all over the game. This includes the displays with armors/weapons in the various houses around the city. This will net yet a series of useful weapons and armors early on that should give you a huge boost in lethality for a good number of your party. Generally, you want to upgrade his physical oriented stats and keep him light on armor. The idea is that you want him to attack as often as possible to land big hits with sneak attacks. I think ther also might be some wisdom in raising intelligence just to get some increased success rates with a number of his debuffs.

I mean, his ability to break into chests is why some people usually start with with certain skill/attribute choices, like raising ice magic for a mage when you get that ice ring in a cabinet from the general store's back room.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2020-04-28 00:25:28

hey my copy of ahc is apparently lost  any chance i can get a new .exe file? i cant' find it anywhere did  it get taken down?

2020-04-28 01:54:42

Give me a bit I'll uploade a .rar file later tonight.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-04-28 16:50:45

Hi all. Thank you for your responses. I am confused. Isn't dexterity for ranged skills? Since it is, don't you need to use a bow then? But if you use a bow, the sneak option does not appear. What do you have to carry? A sword or a dagger? How about agility and strength? Which one should you put points to? Is finess worth it? Finally is strag it of better or distract? Thank you very much and stay safe. P.S. With the ranger what did you choose? Revenge skill or compassion?

2020-04-28 17:26:57

hi.
here's the link for ahc.
http://files.outofsightgames.com/files/a-heros-call.zip

2020-04-28 20:54:31

Hello i started playing and i get to the vial quest  with biatrice and when i get the gold and hit enter i get an error that says can't find a state named unknown. How do i fix this?

2020-04-29 05:36:23

Strength and agility might be best just to get the first hit in for high damage. Dexterity helps with parrying attacks, which is something to consider along with hp from constitution.

For the ranger question, I find revenge far more useful than the healing one. I already have a dedicated healer who has a number of continuous healing spells and is better mana wise. The ranger is better off boosting his crit rate for more brutal vollies.

2020-04-29 20:06:24

I actually find the compassion more useful since it's really the only way to heal the entire party at relatively low levels. Alexia doesn't gain the ability to do that until she gets into the mid twenty level range if I recall correctly.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2020-04-30 23:35:41

I play the beats with both revenge skill and compassion skill and here’s what I observed. Revenge if you use you get critical hits more often. However I like compassion better because you just use the skill before the battle and you never really have a problem killing 99% of the foes! Plus you save a lot of money because you don’t spend so much on healing potions. For me revenge is nicer to have and you feel better when you kill the crap out of the enemies but I think although I’m only level 18 that compassion skill will be greater used throughout the game. Am I wrong to think that? Anyway it’s a great game very well done and I wish we had more like these.

2020-05-01 11:28:06 (edited by Socheat 2020-05-01 11:28:32)

Yeah, the game is nice for what it is. But sadly the dev has disappeared for like a year so now.

Follow me on Mastodon.

2020-05-01 17:56:10

yes, and once you hit lv 20's, compassion gets powercrept into oblivion.

Unfortunately, AAc falls into the same problem as a lot of other games. It's better to kill things faster than shoot for much defensive ability/crappier forms of healing. Revenge, buffing crit rate before the fight, can help end fights, appropriately with a speedy mathias to crit volley, as well as crit lightning/firestorms.