2020-04-14 09:50:47

I don't know why, but it sounds a little disturbing to me, and it's heating up fast.
Is it time to copy all the data to another drive?
http://tdprograms.tk/randomfiles/Disc.mp3
Thanks.

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2020-04-14 12:08:39

YES COPY THE DATA NOW! that's sounds worrying. copy it now!

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-04-14 12:58:54 (edited by omer 2020-04-14 12:59:04)

that was scarry

2020-04-14 14:05:32

sounds like it will explode

2020-04-14 21:09:54

Personaly, I've had worse with the internal drive in my Lenovo and that sadly died.
I can still get the data from it because you can make it work if you have an USB rak thing, but you should get the data off before that thing dies.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2020-04-14 23:33:15

Yes, I would copy the data from this disk. It does not sound like it's in the best of shape.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2020-04-15 00:26:45

Jesus fucking christ, I never heard a drive make that kind of noise before, sounds like something's getting chewed up in there. Worst I ever had was the click of death from an IDE drive

2020-04-15 02:00:33

Much depends on the distance of the microphone from the drive in this case, but hearing the motor whine as it does is concerning, and this is where you get a backup solution.

Also if that system is still on and you have a drive to copy to, don't turn it off until you've made the copy; if you're going to see failures of a consumer PC it's highly likely to be at boot.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-04-15 02:07:43

what is the best way to take an internal drive from a hardrive, and get data off of it from a USB, and can viruses travel through USB drives onto main drives? I'm curious because my girlfriend got a virus through trying to download minecraft the same way they were taught at school for there class project thing, i don't know exactly why so thats just my guess. But it slowly kerrupted the windows folder, and it cannot boot. Any help would be useful, i want to go on ahead and forward any help you can provide to her.

2020-04-15 02:21:33

@9
If you don't know enough that you need to ask this question, and everyone else involved doesn't know enough that you need to ask this question on their behalf, it's a lost cause and you should enlist a professional.

yes, viruses can "travel" via USB, the scare quotes because really the hardware isn't infected.  It is very much possible to avoid moving the virus across when you move the data, but it isn't possible for you to avoid it by asking people on the internet to tell you how to do so and hoping you get it right, so just take it to Best Buy or something.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-04-15 03:54:13 (edited by Ethin 2020-04-15 03:55:04)

I couldn't tell if there was anything wrong with the disk, though that may just be the microphone your using. The clicks sounded normal -- most modern HDDs do that when they're fulfilling a lot of read/write requests. It really depends on what the disk was doing though... if it was idling, and the system wasn't using it for anything, then there's definitely a problem and you should back up everything on there.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-04-15 04:01:56

yes I would back all of your data now

2020-04-15 15:19:18

yes, back it up as soon as you can. it sounds like those mecanisms are quite old.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-04-15 19:50:18

Well, the microphone was pressed too close to the drive, so  it is normal I would say. As for virus  removal from flash drives, you can plug the drive into a pc with autorun functionality disabled, and then run flash disinfecter, if it still works.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2020-04-17 16:05:45 (edited by dash 2020-04-17 16:07:39)

Thanks for all information.
and Yes, you are right when thinking that's old disk.
I don't have a system installed on it. I use it as an external drive. I use it very rarely, for backup of the other backup and storing few wery old and unused files wchih are aren't very much needed.
It's attached to a disk pocket.
Without a microphone, I can hear it too.
The drive didn't do anything special during the recording. It just only ran without saving the data.
I copied all data from this device.

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/