2020-03-12 07:55:14 (edited by Mitch 2020-03-12 07:59:52)

Hello,
    I have been wondering about this for a while, but now that I'm considering to get one of the Impact Soundworks Shreddage virtual guitar libraries, I have a question that could keep me from buying them. While I know that they would be accessible on the keyboard, I'm not exactly sure how they would be imported into the Komplete Kontrol browser. I've tried some of their free stuff (which only runs in the full version of Kontakt and does not have a serial number), but I haven't been able to get them to run in either Kontakt or, by proxy, Komplete Kontrol. Any suggestions? I tried browsing the kk access site, but there wasn't really anything of help there.
Just as a quick note: the free libraries that I did try were Super Audio Boy (a Game Boy sample instrument) and Shreddage 3 Stratus Free. Now it appears as though they are using the Pulse download service, so I don't know if that would make a difference or not.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-03-12 10:53:38

Hi. Sorry for a little off-topic here, but there are some pretty important news/changes comming up for NI stuff users. I don't have any personal experience with any of that, but being a synth geek and keeping a close eye on almost any kind of news related I stumbled apon the following:
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2020/ … -products/

2020-03-12 11:57:30

I'm really curious how kontakt works and if all the parameters in the libraries are achieveable to modify. I have kontakt as a VSTI and the acces4music scripts, but I'm sad that all the parameters are completelly unlabeled...

check my sounds on
freesound

2020-03-12 12:46:14 (edited by nyanchan 2020-03-12 12:46:53)

Pattern 1: When it's available through NI
It is installable using Native access, and will automatically be set up once you input your serial number.
Pattern 2: When you buy it from third-party and you get library files directly from the store
Put the library into your user library folder and restart Komplete Kontrol. Switch to user library by pressing the page button on KK before searching the newly added library.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2020-03-12 14:35:01

Oh, so it's the user library. That makes sense. So they would I not have to put it into Kontakt for it to run correctly, or just into the user folder of komplete kontrol?

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-03-12 16:57:31

The default location should be like documents/native instruments/user library. Changing the location is very difficult for us.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2020-03-12 17:01:59

You do still need the full version of Kontact. What I would do is wait for the summer of sound sale when Komplete 12 is on mass discount, and buy that. IT comes with Kontact, so it's much more reasonable than buying Kontact stand-alone.

2020-03-12 17:37:57

A lot of third party  software has  ready to go libraries at freelancesoundlabs  I use Omnisphere with my Komplete Knotrol setup.  Anything through Kontakt is fairly simple to set up.  there'll be instructions with your manual.      I'm waiting on the Summer of Sound  deal to start so I can finally get Komplete.  I got everything else leading up to it, lol.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2020-03-12 18:41:30 (edited by Still_Standing 2020-03-12 18:47:51)

Hi
i'm wondering how can i use   kontakt library  on windows with nvda 5accessable) for screen readers because i'm thinking about buying  a   footsteps kontakt library  i need, , is there are  a way to do that? from what i herd  there is a program for kontakt librarys but i don't know much about it and it's accessebility
any help/info  would be much  appreciated
edit: the   website  of the library i  wanted to buy said that it runs on  the free version of knotakt if that's  any help

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2020-03-12 23:18:26

I already have Komplete 12 with last year's Summer Of Sounds sale. Really nice sale.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-03-13 01:52:15

@2:
Half these libraries are quite literally from 15/20 years ago, FM7 at least 7 or 8. I'm surprised they didn't do this years ago honestly. There's some that bring back stupidly nostalgic memories like Bandstand, which we could hardly use. No real OCR solutions and certainly no scripts. Good times though.

2020-03-13 20:29:11

Okay. Here's the problem. Most libraries will hve to be batch resaved, and unless you're on a mac and have keyboard maestro, that's going to be a task which will require sighted help. Even then, some if not most libraries that you drop into user content might not have their parameters labeled so you'll have to experement and see what each one does.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.