2020-03-09 23:24:48

Hello,
I realize that this may be a bit repetitive, as there are countless other topics like this on the forum, but I didn't want to drag another topic back up.
First off, I have found the walkthrough to be very helpful, especially when I decided to save time by pocket coptering out of the San-Cot Stadium instead of walking, which caused the cutscene not to trigger.
I have five permanent members of my time and looking for some ideas for a sixth:
The water starter, around level 48: very tanky, can take hits and deals with fire, sound, and earth quite well.
Martiagle, quick and hits super hard to deal with and covers Flontozaur's grass weakness, as well as a good insect killer, with ghatter Branch to help against stones.
Leonatar: is weak to water and grass but is super effective against flying because of the nifty Gravity Magnet, and kills Autoson like noone's business, covering poison as well.
Guererrol hits quite hard against standard types and also covers water, but its plant moves are good but not *t* powerful yet. Problem is, air destroys it. Howevere, my final qermanent as of now is Jimitron, who, with really good special attack and speed, recks pretty much everything in the game that isn't immune or not very effective.
I think my problem is that I may need another defensive tank, as most of my team doesn't have that great of defense. I also don't really have any coverage of shadow/holy/undead or magic, if I'm remembering correctly. Anyway, thanks for the help!

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-03-10 01:08:24

I'd switch out jimitron for either erroir or dussoket or mondevol. As for your empty slot I'd probably go with fiendour. But that's just me.

2020-03-10 01:41:19

Switch out Jimitron for Mondevol. Mondevol is a good tank, hits decently hard, and magic+electric is a nice combo. Pair with Broomstick to eliminate earth weakness; this leaves it weak to only a few types, which are just bad in the first manamon game (insect in particular, for instance).

Considerations for a final team member:
Deciced: Ice-shadow, not insanely speedy but decently tanky on the physical side and definitely covers a lot of types with its STAB
Fiendour: Another semi-tanky manamon which, with Headstone Amulet equipped, has almost no real weaknesses at all; doesn't hit insanely hard but is no pushover, and has some nice HP restoration with Desoul
Mortrex: ghost-shadow; if you can get this final evolution, it's potentially worthwhile, as it's pretty speedy and gets Subliminal Radio Wave for confusion. It gets better in Manamon 2, but in Manamon 1 is not bad at all.
Frenrir: pure ice type, physically a bit frail but gets some nice moves plus a water move to handle two of its three weaknesses
Bellaard: sound-holy; you might think I'm nuts, but hear me out. If you can stay away from undead and ghost, you might be okay. Holy is a nice attacking type, and Bellaard does get Divine Protection, Sing and Subliminal Radio Wave. In boss fights, this thing can be a nice annoyer. There's better, but this isn't bad.

I've avoided stuff like Dussocket, Grandlan, Sacraloon and Remullion because you don't really want to double up on types if you can help it. Generally I choose Grandlan over Leonatar now, particularly if I have another Battlecry user for the Irroadium fight.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-03-10 02:19:39 (edited by Mitch 2020-03-10 02:24:54)

Thanks for the feedback. Makes sense why Jimitron should be switched out... Orystar whenever I don't hit first (if I switch sometimes for instance) will decimate with Aura Master (don't remember exactly if it's called that), but Mondevol does seem like a good choice. I had speed leveled Bellaard who's on my team right now after dropping him in the first box I could reach, and I just maybe am using the wrong moves. Maybe because its sound type, but I probably should stop using Volume level and use its holy moves more. I do agree about my biggest need right now is someone who can either confuse or put to sleep.
Mortrex as as now I'm not sure about, unless I get the self-trading to work properly. Will deffinitely breed Montor before transforming x...don't want one with bad IV's.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-03-10 03:39:47

Yeah. If you bring something like Frenrir and Martiagle to the Irroadium fight, you'll crush it. And there are no other really difficult fights in that game.

2020-03-10 03:41:25

Sorry for double-posting, but are there any type effectiveness differences from xanamon 1 to Manamon 2? i don't remember off the top rather my head from looking at the type effecariveness manual, but it's personally easier to tell what is defensively resistant to certain things rather than looking through other people's types. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-03-10 03:46:49

There are a few, yup.

This isn't exhaustive, but here are a few I can remember:

1. In manamon 1, magic is super-effective vs. shadow. In manamon 2, shadow is immune to magic
2. In manamon 1, steel is not immune to poison; in manamon 2, steel is immune to poison
3. In manamon 1, undead is not weak to ice (IIRC); in manamon 2, undead is weak to ice
4. In manamon 1, undead is immune to poison; in manamon 2, undead is resistant to poison
5. In manamon 1, plant and insect are neutral against ice (IIRC); in manamon 2, ice resists plant and insect instead

2020-03-10 03:53:23

Ahh okay. I think logicaly the changes make sense, but when is catching little critters logical? I am curious if waiting to invest training points in a manamon makes any sort of difference? I think I read that there wasn't a difference, but honestly I prefer waiting to see what strengths can be enhanced. I'm more of a "enhance the strengths and deal with the weaknesses" type of person. Also, screw those dumb boulder puzzle. The dude on the first one stood in the way of where I had tried initially to put them, and it was frustrating.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-03-10 11:36:51

It honestly doesn't much matter, as long as you get your train points eventually. Manamon 1 doesn't have items to do this except for life tonics. Just add train points according to what you want the manamon to do. For instance, don't give Leonatar special attack, don't give Garganchan speed. Stuff like that. Play to the manamon's strengths and you should do okay.

2020-03-10 15:01:59

Thanks.
Experimenting with Mondelol and I'm honestly not too thrilled with his defensest. His magic attack is way worse than - strength it ampears, but the defenses don't seem to be that bulky, although that is probably because I haven't used a life tonic on it yet. My assumption is that with the 250 training points I'd get from level 0 to level 50, its defense would skyrocket.
I also qied out Bellaard for real this time, and boy oh boy does it make ice types a cakewkk to deal with. Not only can you put them to sleep, but you can also confuse them and knock them out with Volume Level or Heaven's Winds. Its strength and magic attack are both super good, alowing it to be a go switch-in for a Deciced. Also Divine Protection because Oblivion Slash is mean.
I honestly think the hardest part of the game battle-wise was the awkward time where not all of my manamon were fully evolved, so I basically had to baby Eagawk for a while until he evolved. Then, he was a team-wrecker.
Honestly from playing the demo of Manamon 2 I would say that that game is more difficult The main difficulty of 1 comes from the fact that, like in other games like this, you lead with the wrong manamon and accidentally get recked by Aura Master because your  manamon wasn't fast enough.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-03-10 17:01:30

So...let's see here.
Mondevol's defenses aren't sky high, but take a look at that HP stat. also bear in mind you might have bad defense stats, so that's important. This thing can't have everything. Mondevol is sort of like Fiendour, in that it's meant to be tanky and stick around awhile with pretty high HP and decent defenses, as opposed to stuff with better defense but awful HP.
You just hit on another reason that Bellaard is useful. Being able to wreck holy is nice. Now don't try and rely on it to kill Mortrex though, since Mortrex is faster. Arguably, Sacraloon is just a better holy type (it's one of the best manamon in this game) but at the same time, you've already got an air type.
If you grind in the proper spots, it is not at all difficult to stay ahead of the curve.
Manamon 2 is more difficult than manamon 1, but only because there are gimicky bosses to play with, and one of them is actually pretty early on. The actual tamers/stadium leaders are, if anything, even less memorable in this game than the first, I'm afraid.

2020-03-10 17:51:23 (edited by Mitch 2020-03-10 20:17:12)

True point. It also knows 7 attacks, including Thicken (which I need to use more often), but I do hope that it gets more use
out of the ability (I assume it does but I want to get rid of electric shock for a buffing move of some sort). I haven't ever really used Batter Branch much because I just switch to Leonatar or someone else to cover a stone weakness, so that may be a good move for me to bench for the time being. Good coverage move, but with three other team members who hit super-effectively against stone, I don't think it's necessary.
I never understood the point of the purple ring, as I don't know of any manamon that would truly benefit from the standard type boost that aren't standard type. Maybe Guererrrol, but a Willow Hammer would work better on him from my experience.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-03-10 20:03:23

Just FYI, it's Batter Branch, not Ghatter or whatever you said.

Martiagle's ideal moveset is something like Batter Branch, Cyclone Claw, Fly, Hone Blades and Obscure. Obscure lets it get more and more evasive, Hone Blades makes its attack go through the roof, the rest is self-explanatory.
Purple Ring is really, really niche. At higher levels it's not bad, but generally it's worth just hanging onto and then probably forgetting about.
Mondevol's best moveset is something like Aura Master, Superspark, Quicken, Vulnerability Scan, Laser Arm (does it get this?), Thicken and Stun Volt.
Guerrerrol works best with Power Kick, Gammadrain, Slash, Implant and whatever else.
Leonatar...make sure it keeps Battlecry. Also Earthquake and Slash for STAB. Charge of Fury isn't bad, but you probably won't be using it a ton. Maybe keep Roar around as well.
As long as Fauntozaur has Drench, AquaZap and maybe Pummel, you'll do fine. Also, if you want to make it an absolute beast to kill, get hold of a couple of speed potions and give it Dissonant Chime. Jack defenses, drop speed, then use a speed potion or two for an instant tank. Generally I don't like Dissonant Chime, as it's a really great way to let your foe hit twice in a row where he couldn't before, if only the once, and this game's meta is hyperoffensive and not nearly nuanced enough.

Seriously though, stick Frenrir in your last spot and this team will absolutely destroy the main game. Make sure you're around level 50-52 before hitting Shadow Kingdom, and don't be afraid to use the walkthrough. That's why I made it.

2020-03-10 20:28:59

Been super helpful. Thanks again for the walkthrough, as I accidentally went the wrong way to Snowstar and ended up lost because I went to Paladin Point instead  I couldn't actually get there. Those are most of the moves that I have on my team as of right now. I honestly think that I need to use buffs more in tamer battles because I end up hitting with something twice anyway without the buff taking effect.
Will deffinitely try and complete the manapedia just so can say I did complete the game as close to  100% as possible.
Slightly off topic, but my favorite music track of this game has to Brightwater City, it's just so soothing.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-03-11 08:12:19

So I realize now why I was so unimpressed with Mondevol, and that was mostly because it was 10 levels lower than everyone else on my team. Now that he's higher, I can deffinitely tell that his defenses are really good. Laser Arm seems to be a good move that also relies on his physical attack which he is better with.
Now I'm attempting Shadow Kardom, and I totally understand now why it's super hard. Those shocks are avoidable, but really hurt when you don't. Honestly, my least favorite obstacle in the game are those guards. I'm not really sure what their sight range is, so I basically BSed my way through the Shadow Warrior Hideout in that sense. I can avoid the flames, the shocks I can deal with (I'll learn to anyway) but the guards make that part not fun to go through.
I honestly love Snowball on Frenrir just because it recks things if you keep it going, sort of like the Whitney Miltank Rollout strategy from Gen 2 of Pokémon. That I think would seriously help against Irroaddium, slowly adding up damage over time to counteract his healing.
I put the power bracelet on Martiagle because if it kills things in one hit, crits won't even matter.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-03-11 15:11:32

Frostbite on Frenrir will be better in the short term, and the short term is probably all you're gonna get. Remember that Irroadium can use Flame Blizzard, as well as other things, so Frenrir will die in 2-3 hits. You're better off using bigger damage for the rounds where you're alive, vs. rolling the dice and trying to mount up power. Yes, Snowball is great fun when it, ahem, gets rolling, but it rarely does because the game is hyper-offensive.
I'm glad you don't hate Mondevol anymore. If I'm going for speed I usually take Dussocket and Grandlan, but Leonatar and Mondevol are not bad by any means.

2020-03-12 06:35:06

Well, I just beat Irroaddium, and honestly, I had trouble at the beginning because I forgot that I overstocked on revives. I learned that my level 52-ish Frenrir could survive 1 Flame Blizzard, which allowed me to use Mondevol as the healer to keep him buffed.
Hardest part of Shadow Kingdom were the guards, because their collision detection is super wonky and I still don't understand it. Luckily I only got insta-killed like twice from Final Oblivion.
Literally every stadium after the first two have been cakewalk, and I am confident Electra will be super easy as well.
I now understand how good Frostbite is, as it did a solid 95 damage to Irroaddium each time.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-03-29 22:05:38

So I'm completely lost on Ascendance Path. The walkthrough is easy enough to follow, but I don't exactly remember where I was in the whole backtracking puzzle part. Is there a way to tell at what point of the puzzle I am at, or did I screw myself?

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-05-20 18:14:55

Resurrecting this topic because I have a question.
So I finally beat Ascendance Path (I hate that place more than Shadow Kingdom, and that's saying something), and I've already seen the Vibrogen rocket laudch.
I shouldn't have been able to because my manamon's averages are Level 60-ish fighting against Level 70. Is there a better place than Crescent Walk to grind that 10 level gap?
My team right now consists of Fautazaur, Martiagle, Frenrir, Mondevol,  Guerrerroll, and Leonatar. I'm honestly less than impressed with Guerrerrol's fighting ability: he gets shut down quite easily (I can barely use him against Washington, who is water-type), and Monevol still doesn't seem to last as long as it could (against something like Enchandithol with Meteor Rush). Any tips on how I could go about grinding, or would grinding against the master's stadium work best?

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-05-20 19:07:39

Grind in Ascendence Path for a bit. Then the stadium. Then Pleasant Walk.

Guerrerrol takes enormous damage from Toxic Storm, largely due to Manamon 1's insanely broken dual-type-move mechanics. He takes big damage from Tri-Beam on Squarpha if it hits. He takes big damage from Ice Tempest on Arctana if it hits. Everything he does is neutral to Dramegon since Dramegon is also part dragon. and if Submenno gets a chance to use Frigid Touch, that sucks too. So yeah...four of five of Washington's manamon have moves that hurt Guerrerrol. Don't judge his efficiency based on how he does against Washington.

2020-05-20 20:47:51

True point. Honestly Mortrex is super annoying to deal with unless I set up Implant on Jimitron and switch out to Martiagle with Rubber Gloves equipped (honeing blades until right before Jimitron dies) and then Flying to avoid Psycho Trick.
I realize now how helpful speed reably is: Dragomier can be OHKOed by Leonatar only if I Quicken him twice. If not, I most likely will die.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-05-20 20:52:15

Grind is more fun when I am filling out the Manapedia (using mons I want to grind in front while grinding up low levels to transform them).
Do any of my team get any attacks after Level 60? Curious if Leonatar gets Hone Blades or other things. His move pool is already great, but I'm curious if there's anything down the line.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion