2011-03-30 14:44:23

after looking at this topic bye robla, I was wundering what are people's favorite TV shows or movies. I will be willing to list mine when I have time. I just gotta run off to classes.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-03-30 18:19:46

I've always enjoyed the 3 Stargate series.  SG1, Atlantis, and now Universe are all entertaining shows in my opinion.  I'm quite bummed that they've canceled new seasons of Stargate Universe though.  sad

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-03-30 18:41:04

Hi,
Myself, I'm a book person so I don't get around nearly as much TV. Although, given the choice I'd probably pkc classic gameshows.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-04-01 17:03:50

Hi,
Well I like all sorts of shows, my favourites have to be doctor who, which is a show in the UK about a well, basically, alien who takes human form saving the universe, he's a time lord, and travels in a tardis, which stands for time and reletive dimension in space, which has a very iconic sound.
He has enemies, several of them in fact, but the most notable have to be, by far, the daleks.
Their battle cry, "Exterminate!" has become synominous with them.
Another favourite show of mine is the Gadget Show, which is, as you'd guess, a show about the latest technology, they do challenges with presenters doing crazy things sometimes, they build things, they test latest smartphones and such (including going out in the country for signal tests and other stuff like testing action shots), as well as absalutely crazy stuff which i sort of forgot.
They do "test it to destruction" where they test just how durable and unbreakable products are, offten to extremes -- they burn it, they dunk it in water, they even test bulletproof things with actual bullets, and it can really get pretty crazy.
Then they have normal stuff too, they have top fives and what sort of show would be perfect without a huge competition? at the moment they do one every week where they give away around a hundred different gadgets.
As to films, well I like all sorts. Star Wars, Pirates of the caribbean, various animated films (toy story series particularly, anything by pixar at that, dreamworks who are the guys behind shrek, etc)
Oh and of course Harry Potter.

2011-04-06 01:09:11

Let's see, I just got started in on Babylon 5 wich is proving pretty good. my brother interduced me to DR. who, and Red dwarf. I also like at least some of star ttrek and star gate. I also watch Mash, the munsters, I dream of Jeanny, Beverly Hillbillies, Gilligan's Island, Leave it to Beaver, and Macghiver. Other things I watch are: hary potter, The Sound of Music, star wars, lord of the rings, back to the future, Titanic, toy story, Apollo 13, Avatar, and Garfield. Do I need to go on? I have a leening tords sience fiction and good stories.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-04-06 15:36:19

B5 is indeed exceptional, welcome to the fold. Star Trek had some good moments, I liked mid to later episodes of Deep Space Nine in particular but the finale was very weak. Voyager's finale was pretty good though.

As for Stargate, I enjoyed SG1 and Atlantis but didn't get on with Universe. I was spitting mad that they cancelled Atlantis to make Universe, now they've cancelled that too? Well at least cancelling Atlantis gave the actress who played Sam Carter the chance to do Sanctuary, awful as her faux British accent is.

Eureka, released as "A Town Called Eureka" here in Britain so it didn't conflict with an old science show, is also exceptional. It has some downright hilarious episodes and some downright stunning episodes, and somehow it manages to move between the two with seemingly no effort whatsoever. If you haven't caught it Eureka is a town in the middle of nowhere in the US full of nothing but geniuses, even the local cafe/restaurant owner has some high flying food science qualification it eventually turns out. Jack Carter ends up as Sherriff of Eureka, and he has practically no scientific knowledge whatsoever and a tendency to get on the nerves of the more uptight scientists, but combined with all the geniuses and the secret government facility... which for some reason the whole town knows about, nice secrecy there... leads to some very odd situations. They've had everything from unknown alien craft incoming to a schoolchild making a model of the solar system for a project and accidentally making a real miniature sun that almost burns the town to uninhabitability, not to mention sending up a flipping big flare saying "secret facility here" to the rest of the world if they spot the miniature sun.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-04-06 17:28:41

I, some how, forgot  to put Kelly's Heroes in that list. That Eureka show sounds like something I might want to watch. I haven't seen every stargate show, but I have to agree with you. It would seem almost like when they got a good story going, they have to go pull it for some reason. As for Voyager's finale, that was good. I have to go back and watch that again.

DropBox Referral

2011-04-07 18:50:39

Two and a  half men is one of my favorites.
I  also loved the show The Sopranos and another show called the shield.
I  also like Rosanne, and Home Improvement.

Audio game king

2011-04-08 06:02:27

I haven't watched many tv show's recently, but here we go.
One show which I used to watch a lot lot and a lot was alf. its about a alian who has landed on earth,and he lives with some people. anyways, it used to be fun. he was like a cat,at least that's what I gathered .
then I have watched Gilligan's Island, a show which I can't remember the name of,but it was about a guy who used to bully people,and all that.all in all he was a bad boy of the town. one day a wizard comes by and changes him into a dog. and sets a deal in front of him. to become a human again,he has to do 100 good things. And then the dog ends up at the home of a guy who he used to bully and such. now that guy is only the one who can understand the dog. never could watch its ending, but I loved that show. Now if anyone got what's the name of that show? all I remember was something ad or addy. well. on to movies then.
Harry potter of course, although of course isn't the name of any harry potter movie I know :d. 300, gladiator don't know if I have spelled that right, batman the dark night I loved that one, spider man parts one to 3. The 3 kings, the last samurai,haven't spelled that right,but well. alexander. and more.
I like movies with battles,wars fightings and such. so if anyone could suggest me some movies,it'd be cool. as I have only just started to watch movies. Nah it doesn't mean that I didn't used to, but I had watched only the movies like harry potter and spider man before,the others I got to watch later,with the movie valt and rob's site. so what I ment was I haven't much Idea of which movies are like what,in the movie valt and I'd like some suggestions.
Thanks. and yes,same gos for the shows.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, β€˜It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2011-04-08 14:00:08

Yes you did spell samurai right. Now if the Underworld movies were around with audio description that would be impressive, sadly I haven't found an AD version though. It's modern day supernatural action about a hidden war between vampires and werewolves, it sounds really impressive from what I've heard but with it being so heavy on the action I'm loathed to try it without the description.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.