2020-03-01 23:26:32

enough sed... do note I didint playd any mud game in my life so I want to se if they worth paying for

2020-03-02 00:39:06

try mushclient

"900 years in time and space and I have never met someone who wasn't important." The Doctor.
Come say hi on Twitter

2020-03-02 02:01:41

I'll also note that whilst vipmud isn't free, the restrictions on paying for it really aren't too restricting, I used it for a long time without paying and imho it's easier to use than mushclient if your playing for the first time.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-02 13:13:54

can someone please previte a link? also, can someone say a breef about mud games so that I know what to do, are they like enteractiv books? or are they like text games or what?

2020-03-02 14:42:40

like textatwentures you control them with comands you enter

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2020-03-02 15:32:27

so, I want a link for a ffree clyeint, also, do mud games has sounds and ambionts?

2020-03-02 17:21:41

gmagames.com
yes there are soundpacks

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2020-03-02 18:19:45

this one is payd, ser!

2020-03-02 18:44:02

mush cleint canbe found here.
http://www.mushclient.com/downloads.htm

you'll have to look around for the plug ins you want.

"900 years in time and space and I have never met someone who wasn't important." The Doctor.
Come say hi on Twitter

2020-03-02 19:41:11

pleeeeeeeeease keap in mind I am like a bernd pease of paiper with my nolige with mud games, what are pluggins that I have to get and what the hell should I do!

2020-03-02 19:45:43

That depends on what you want to do. I would sya the minimum is mushreader and an output plug in. Can't remember the name of it right now, but its easy if you google it. As for what to do after there installed and running, find a mud and connect to it.

Come say hi on Twitter

2020-03-03 00:19:02

@Meatbag, as i said in post 3, vipmud is imho easier to use, and quite possible to use without paying.
Basically all you get is a nag message, an auto logout every two hours (and you can just log back in again), and disabling of a certain sound protocol which not many muds use.

Mushclient is indeed entirely free, but you need to add plugins and configure yourself, where as vipmud will just work out of the box, you just enter the connection info of the mud you want to play and away you go.

As to what muds are.

Think of muds like an interactive text game played online and in real time

IN most muds, you'll get a textual description of what room or area your character is in, what objects, npc characters or monsters  are present there, and what exits you have.

For example:

[ Mulrala;  Hospital Room ]
White-washed walls and polished stone flooring makes up this small, utilitarian hospital area. A bare bulb in the ceiling casts a harsh light down on the carefully-made beds laden with warm blue linens. Nurses tend to patients as they enter, and wish them warm farewells as they leave.
MI ground patrol Z6024 patrols nearby.
You see that you can sit on a medical bed here.
A male ryuchi with light blue scales is nearby, sleeping.
You see Dr. Sedric Kissinger here.
Obvious exits, out(a curtain of ivory beads closed).

You itneract with things by typing commands. So to leave the above room I'd type "out", to to sit on the hospital bed I'd type "sit on bed" to say something to the  other people In the room I'd type "say hello" or "tell nurse hello", to attack the ryuchi (a half dragon), I'd type kill ryuchi or the like etc.

The clever thing in muds though, is all of this is going on in real time.
When you fight someonee, the game will keep printing messages about what hapens as you automatically attack and your enemy attacks, so during combat to use healing items, or special attacks and so on, you type commands.

The real time aspect also goes along with talking to other characters, doing activities in the game from crafting and mining to flying spaceships, or roleplaying with other online players, pretending to be your character and doign what they do.

Most muds are text games.
A few, Alteraeon, Cosmic rage, and Miriani  have soundpacks which play sounds in the game when things happen, and can be as complex as a full audiogame, but these are extremely rare and a lot of great muds are text only.

Hope this makes sense. Any questions plese ask.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-03 01:25:33

noooooooo, part of your mesage says, and disabling of a certain sound protocol which not many muds use. do this mean that I cant hear sounds of those audio muds or what ever?

2020-03-03 13:29:41

@Meetbag, in the free version of Vipmud, you cannot use the mud sound protocol, msp. this is a specific routine some muds use to play sounds.
Those that have pre written soundpacks are I believe fine.

In fairness though as I said above, if your only interested in games with sound, then you probably shouldn't look at muds, or at least just stick to alteraeon  which has it's own client anyway.

2020-03-03 17:38:07 (edited by wing of eternity 2020-03-03 17:40:18)

how do i pass the tutorial in the clock games and also, how do i see commands with out the screan reader reading them continnualy?

---
"A good ruler gives the goblet to his servants. He never drinks from it himself. The servants need his glory. He does not cary the flame alone.
For a spark does not lit the flame, but the spirit holds it in place. Forgeting that leads one to destruction.
(Enhemodius before the Altar of the Broken)"

2020-03-04 15:43:02

I need help with learning MUD Rammer. I have it, but I don’t know what to do next. I’m using a iPad and I need to get sounds and a tutorial to please.