2020-02-21 02:48:38 (edited by Kitsune 2020-02-21 02:52:12)

so, well, hi.
hum, my computer is skrewd!
how did it happen.
well, I installed classic shell, and afterwords, my computer started to glitch.
um, how do you mean, glitch?
today I called bme(be my eyes), and they told me, that my screen was flickering, it would close every program I opened, it snapped every 5seks or so, and it goes to the desktop, can I fix it? or do I have to reinstall the os?
or is it a virus? thanks.
sad sad`

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-02-21 03:28:03 (edited by SirBadger 2020-02-21 03:30:23)

have you tried uninstalling classic shell and doing a system restore back to before you installed it? also, classic shell isn't supported on windows 10 anymore. you need the new open shell instead so the one you have probably clashes with a lot of the recent changes.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2020-02-21 04:27:21

I didn't make any system restors

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-02-21 08:07:27

start with safemode and remove it

2020-02-21 12:06:04

Hi.

I think you'll need sighted assistance for safemode, but yeah; try that.

Or just try removing it from control pannel if you can.

If that doesn't work, try this link for 9 ways to remove programs, one of them uses the command line so you might want to try that.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-02-21 15:29:51

Uh, hi? I use classic shell on the latest version of windows 10. Works fine here. Also, 4 words. More, descriptive, topic, titles. Thanks.

2020-02-21 15:53:05

OK, first of all, how can this topic title be more descriptive? I needed urgent help, so, yeah. Also, be my eyes help me via remote access and I told them to do a system restore. So now I am just waiting. Also, Balls to people who ask for more descriptive titles. Your title is a title.

2020-02-21 16:14:08

What #6 meant is, yes, we know from the topic title that you need urgent help, but we don't have a clue without reading your first post what you need help with. Furthermore, some people have been using the word "urgent" in topic titles when what they want is not urgent at all.

2020-02-21 16:50:25

Ok, screens all black. Still waiting.

2020-02-21 19:27:44

I fixed it! now, on to installing windows8. windows10 moves slow on my pc anyways. but this is a windows vista pc so...

2020-02-21 23:56:50

go with 8.1

2020-02-22 10:09:52

Hmm, that's strange, i also use classic shell like Haily and there is nothing wrong on my side. from where you downloaded it, it could be that oyu have a virus or something, i remember that there was an infected version 3 years a go and it had a virus that could corrupt your MBR on restart.

2020-02-22 16:50:03

I mean, with that logic, what's the purpose of the 1ST post?
Imagine, a movie, instead of pocohontas, we had, indian girl meets white guy. White guy and indian girl falls in love. white guy gets shot after his greedy expeditionary leader attempts to shoot indian girl's father.
Would that be nice? Giving away the topic in the title is just so boring.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-02-22 16:51:02

Also, adel's computer is as old as I am, so yeah.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-02-23 05:27:31

uh, so I wont create a new topic, ile just ask here.
my computer can no longer go to sleep, I don't see it in the power options, pressing the power button does nothing, closing the lid, does, nothing. not even cortana can't turn it off. what can cause this problem and how to fix it?
also, i'm gonna ask a question that's probs gonna get me worned...
if you don't have a product key for windows 8.1, how do you install it? thanks.

2020-02-23 21:56:50

k, hi.
I know hafe a product key for windows8.1, however. I get an problem saying can't determine pc options. please, help?
I really wanna install 8.1

2020-02-23 22:25:09

fixed it

2020-02-24 00:24:54

Hi from the deep dark deps of windows 8.1!