2020-02-21 21:36:06

Ahh, rural isp's. You gotta love'em. What makes this even worse is that by enforcing the data limit, the network is downloading the mentioned embedded script, so you essentially are using more data by getting informed that you're low on data. There are a lot of isp's that have deserved a big wholehearted fuck you, such as centurylink, mediacom, spectrum and charter, so there's little more to do than to add Bockin to the shitlist. Although, the only non-rural isp that I have seen pull this has and will continue to be xfinity. Yes, they actually have a freaking data limit.

2020-02-21 22:15:21

I read about some US ISP's (specifically Comcast) injecting messages like this into webpages, I just did some Googling and Charter seems to do this as well so I guess others might be too.

If you want absolute peace of mind, I would call your ISP (with a number you can find on the website or in a previous statement to be sure) and read them this message. Ask what your data usage is and see if it matches what they see in their system. If it does, there's not much you can do about it sadly other than blocking it with Adblock or uBlock.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2020-02-22 10:11:37

I am 100 percent sure that this is some kind of a scamm.

2020-02-22 20:34:54

Hey guys, update, I just wanted to let you all know that it is more than likely an ISP message. The other person was right. I have lots of family members, plus my parents, and plus the TV always on the Internet every day. But I'm not going to worry about it, because I don't pay the bill. I guess I just now saw that message when I went to that website because I've always done the same thing for months and have never seen anything like that. At least we know what's going on now. Thank you for all your help and suggestions.

2020-02-22 20:35:19

Hey guys, update, I just wanted to let you all know that it is more than likely an ISP message. The other person was right. I have lots of family members, plus my parents, and plus the TV always on the Internet every day. But I'm not going to worry about it, because I don't pay the bill. I guess I just now saw that message when I went to that website because I've always done the same thing for months and have never seen anything like that. At least we know what's going on now. Thank you for all your help and suggestions.