2020-02-19 06:19:08

I'm not having this problem on this website myself, but my friend gets this message when visiting. Strangely enough, she only gets the message on this website.

blackscreengaming.com wrote:

Usage Alert: You have reached 86.6% of your data allowance! For the billing period ending 2020-02-20, you have used 649.4 GB of data, which is 86.6% of the data allowance under your current plan. You may want to adjust your plan or usage to make sure you don't incur charges. You will be charged $10 for every 50 GB of data you use beyond your allowance in any billing period. When you exceed your allowance, you can still use the internet at your leisure and we won’t slow your speed but you will incur charges. For customers who have our highest internet speed package, an unlimited data plan is available for an additional cost.Call us at 888-336-4466 or click “View Plans” to pick a tier that’s right for you.
OK, thanks
View Plans
View usage details
Remind me later
about:blank

Strangely enough, the phone number points to an ISP called Ritter Communications, who she does not use at all. It also only did this on BSG, which I have no issues with on my end. We know this message is a hoax, but we don't know why it's showing up. Does anyone have any ideas?

--------------------
All of my socials and content platforms can be found on my website (not ready yet).

2020-02-19 06:27:02

Holy crap. T's..a lot of data? I don't really know how much I've used, and haven't looked up how yet, but it does seem like a lot.
There could be something wrong though, so I'm that sure what the issue is.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-02-19 07:25:58

This is very strange behavior indeed. Could it be something with the sight?

sound designer for mental vision, and Eurofly3.
take a look at
My freesound pageWhere I post sounds I record. ps: if you use my sounds, remember to credit me smiley

2020-02-19 07:46:21

if its not her i s p ignore it

2020-02-19 07:52:02

Her browser must be infeced, my site is not experiencing this. Then again I went from a locked down firefox with noscript/ublock origin to the Brave browser, so nothing's penetrating my security that easily.
I would have her visit the site in safe mode and see if that changes things.

2020-02-19 08:41:02

Update. She removed Ad Block + and it made the problem go away. I installed it myself to test the site and see if it would show the same pop up, but it never did. It's really weird, but fortunately she doesn't see that issue anymore. If anyone has any ideas on why Ad Block would do that, please do let me know.

--------------------
All of my socials and content platforms can be found on my website (not ready yet).

2020-02-19 11:21:17

That's not good. AdBlock Plus is supposed to show non-intrusive ads, so I'm wondering if someone's hacked it.

2020-02-19 12:40:37

just turn off the acceptable adds option. gets rid of all adds, which I like.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-02-19 13:20:11

Hmm, sounds like a simple scam to me, we had a similar thing over here some months ago with another provider, it was also just a simple scam.

greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-02-19 23:55:16 (edited by jack 2020-02-20 16:35:02)

Or don't use adblock Plus. They don't have the "all ads can kiss my ass" mentality that people may think when installing the extension. If you want that, go with UBlock Origin.

2020-02-20 11:56:33

@10, you can turn the acceptable adds option off. It blocks all ads.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-02-20 16:34:44

They considered letting companies pay them to force-whitelist ads. They are the most common adblocker but not for good reason. They do enforce the backdoor at times. UBlock Origin is having none of that, neither does Noscript which is what I personally used back when I was using Firefox.

2020-02-20 17:16:59

I had adblock plus on my mac, but ended up deleting it and replacing it with adguard, no adds where beeing blocked with adblock plus like before, and all the options where checked / turned on.

sound designer for mental vision, and Eurofly3.
take a look at
My freesound pageWhere I post sounds I record. ps: if you use my sounds, remember to credit me smiley

2020-02-20 21:56:13

What is the address on her address bar after reaching the website?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-02-20 22:20:28

We didn't think to grab it, so I unfortunately couldn't tell you.

--------------------

2020-02-21 00:37:48

Always check the address bar. If the URL seems incorrect, it probably means you've been scammed somehow. Either that, or something else happened, such as the website getting hacked, DNS poisoning, or any manner of other things.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2020-02-21 02:40:22

Update. She's still getting that message. I asked her if she could get the page address, but she already left the page and doesn't want to get back on for fear of bricking her machine.

--------------------

2020-02-21 03:58:18

IT should not brick her machine, so have her visit again to get the url. If needed, have her do a private window.

2020-02-21 07:31:20

@17 she can just use the history.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2020-02-21 09:16:51

Another update; the address still displays as blackscreengaming.com apparently. The message mentioned in the OP is at the top of the page, but if she continues scrolling past it she sees the normal BSG site.

--------------------

2020-02-21 13:21:24

OK, when she sees that, make her press CTRL+U, ctrl+a, CTRL+C and paste us the code.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-02-21 19:23:29

Doesn't ctrl U jump to the address bar? As stated, she copied the address, it's still blackscreengaming.com.

--------------------

2020-02-21 19:27:54

OK, I am the friend that he is speaking of. Last night I reset  fire fox and also Google Chrome. In fire fox, I went to the same website a couple times after reseting  and everything was fine, but then it started doing that same message when I go to the website again. At least i know it's a not a problem with fire fox, but it still did it in other browsers after even resetting both of them and clearing all the data. It's so strange because like I said, it's only on that specific website. I've visited so many other ones and none of the other ones had that problem. It's like when I go on the website, that message pops up and then the website is below it. It might be the Wi-Fi network that I'm using, because no one else is having  problem with it, but I'm curious to know if anyone uses the network provider Bockin. And if so, try to go on that site. It is very strange. also as far as I can tail when I go on the website and type it in putting in htttp/, I don't seem to have that problem. Is the strangest thing. any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

2020-02-21 20:13:18

It's possibly legitimate.  Some ISPs do inject this message into web sites, when they can figure out a way to do with it.  If someone in the household is running Netflix, especially in HD, it can and will eat this much data in a month.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-02-21 21:02:16

Hmmm. Try scanning the computer with Windows Defender and/or Malware Bytes. I'm wondering if it's some sort of malware? If it is an ISP data cap issue, there's not much you can do except wait for the next billing period at the beginning of next month. Constant video chat, Netflix streaming, and other activities that use a significant amount of data can quickly add up over a month. I thought we got rid of data caps on Broadband Internet. The bastards...

Control U allows you to view the source of the current web page. I don't know, this is really weird. I've been trying to help her as well. My thought is that if it's showing up with multiple browsers, it's either something on the computer or the network itself. Hmmm...

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.