2020-02-20 22:06:48

Wondering if anyone uses a Wear OS/Android Wear smart watch and if so, what you think of them in terms of accessibility?

Disclaimer: Please don't turn this into a "I like my Apple/Tizen/generic smart watch" thread. I'm an Android user/developer, writing his own GPS software, looking for a wearable device to port it to. Found a waterproof smart watch with speaker and mic, and am curious if anyone has Wear OS accessibility experiences to share. Not going to port this to iOS just to run on a watch, and unfortunately Tizen is out of the question for a few reasons.

Thanks.

2020-02-20 23:29:30

In short, Ware OS watches are accessible, though I couldn't tell you how far they've gone. (They being Google.)
Since the Eyes-Free List will be closed off to discussions by the start of March 2020 or so, you may have luck finding the answer you're looking for via the Android Talk News And Deals There is another one if you don't like said list, however the name escapes me currently.

2020-02-21 15:05:33

Oh wow, the dumpster fire of the internet (I.e. eyes-free) is shutting down? End of an error^H^H^H^H^Hera. smile

Thanks, can't access that link, but I think I'll give it a shot and return it if there is minimal to no accessibility, which shouldn't be an issue. As long as this runs a few basic apps and is waterproof I'm happy.