2020-02-20 22:10:08

Hi guys, i'Ve made a virtual machine with vmware but, couldn't find how to use the virtual machine i've made. googled a bit but, couldn'T find what are the pros and cons to use vmware with nvda.

How could i access the machine start menu/control menu/desktop etc. i mean i couldn't access the cyber windows screen. ANy tutorials can you link?

2020-02-20 22:30:50

control G will focus the VM so your keyboard will work, if it's ready. You can press control and alt together to switch back to the real one.

2020-02-20 22:36:59

Press control G in the VM ware player window to pass keys through to the virtual machine. What you have to understand about a VM is that it's literally a virtual machine, not some kind of emulator. This means it's effectively a separate copy of windows running on your machine. This of course means you'll have to get whatever screen reader you use, NVDA, jaws, whatever, on the VM itself. You could use narrator to do this, or if you set it up use VM ware shared folders or whatever to access the setup file, that or simply copy it over from from your regular machine to the VM, like, in the C drive or something so it's easy to access, then simply type the file path into the run dialog, so like, C:\nvda_setup.exe or whatever and you're away. I'd generally recommend using narrator at least to get your regular screen reader installed though just to make your life a little bit easier.

2020-02-20 22:53:55

@3, that won’t work. Vmware create’s a separate Virtual disk for the virtual machine.

2020-02-20 23:05:32

haily_merry wrote:

Press control G in the VM ware player window to pass keys through to the virtual machine. What you have to understand about a VM is that it's literally a virtual machine, not some kind of emulator. This means it's effectively a separate copy of windows running on your machine. This of course means you'll have to get whatever screen reader you use, NVDA, jaws, whatever, on the VM itself. You could use narrator to do this, or if you set it up use VM ware shared folders or whatever to access the setup file, that or simply copy it over from from your regular machine to the VM, like, in the C drive or something so it's easy to access, then simply type the file path into the run dialog, so like, C:\nvda_setup.exe or whatever and you're away. I'd generally recommend using narrator at least to get your regular screen reader installed though just to make your life a little bit easier.

i came on the vmware window, the dialogue said the machine name and "none commercial use only", then i've pressed control+g, after that control+windows+enter to make narrator speak but, no luck with it, pressed control+r to bring up run command promt and same again. How will i do this?

2020-02-20 23:15:34

Use ocr and check if the vm started

2020-02-20 23:23:22

mechaSkyGuardian wrote:

Use ocr and check if the vm started

HEre are the ocr output:

"Elayer
Boot normal İg
EFİ UMware Uirtual
EFİ UMware Uirtual
EFİ Network
EFİ Internaı Shell
Enter setup
Reset the sgstem
Boot Manager
Continue to boot
the default boot
scsı Hard Driue (0.0)
sara CDROM Driue (1.0)
(Onsupported opt ion)
Shut down the sgstem
Tl:Moue Highl ight
Windows 10 x64 is not on his Virtual
Cltk in he Virtual screen
mKhine. insert he instakr disc and cltk
to send keystrokes
Restart VM
Entrg"

2020-02-21 18:49:55 (edited by Turkce_Rap 2020-02-21 18:53:00)

*Up**

See the ocr output above please.

2020-02-21 20:17:43

mazan, I was talking about vmware shared folders. With that it is very much possible to access files on the host machine from the VM. I'm not actually sure if that particular feature is on player or if it's specific to fusion, but there it is anyway.

2020-02-24 20:26:20

Ok guys, i'Ve learn it but, i can't boot usb from vmware withing using my vm. Anyone knows how to do it?