2006-04-19 02:30:48

Hi,
I don't know what's wrong. i get an error when I enter the speech recognition tab in the speech control panel: The requested action could not be found because the specified engine can not be created. Please select another engine." Or something like that. I figured I should reinstall the engine but cant find  a download anywhere.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-04-19 06:57:28

depends on what speech engine you're looking for. i don't currently know a link for sapi5 but if you go to nextup.com, click on get more voices, and then older free voices there's microsoft sapi4 engine, l&h tts3000 engines for other languages and the truVoice for american enlish. however, i don't know how to get microsoft sapi 4 voices in the control panel like sapi5 voices do.

2006-04-19 08:29:38

i know where you can get a download package of sapi4 voices.
it's on microsoft website.
if i remember correctly it was something like microsoft 1.5 m something.
check it out.

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-04-19 16:15:21

no! no no no no no! guys, mike's not talking about that.
he is talking about speech recognition, where you can talk. a speech engine that recognizes your voice.
mike:i dont konw where to find one. search for  microsoft speech recognetion engine or sapi recognetion engine or whatever it is called in google, a download should come up

2006-04-19 23:34:36 (edited by Mike 2006-04-19 23:37:33)

Yes, Speech recognition. It comes with win xp but mine is corrupt. heres the exact error from the speech control panel.

Speech Properties
The requested task cannot be carried out because the necessary engine could not be created.  Please select a
different engine and/or a different audio device.
OK

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org