2020-02-01 06:08:04

Hi all,

Is there somebody who would be willing to help me find Treasure Mania? The game begins with you in a speedboat, and you lower a hook into the sea and collect treasure chests, avoid bees, weather storms (pun intended), and avoid sharks when untangling your hooks. Objective, get rich and enjoy a nice, relaxing game time. The links shown when picking this game from the select a game combo box are no longer valid.

I haven't seen anything else quite like this in terms of concept, and if there are any similar concepts out there, I'd be interested in those as well. Thanks!

2020-02-01 07:15:52

You can find it on either the audiogames.net database, or agarchive.net. Go to the Developers link and click on LightTech Interactive. You'll see it there.

2020-02-02 22:10:28

The Lighttech site actually disappeared a while ago, so all the db links do need to be redirected to the games on agarchive.net.

2020-02-02 23:00:45

It's kind of sad that LightTech Interactive disappeared, they were a great company while they lasted.

2020-02-03 03:39:28

they probably aren't gone forever they might come back sometime

2020-02-03 03:53:40

@audiogamer500: This is unfortunately something that we probably won't see happening in the forseeable future. Robjoy is still around with games such as Angelgift and contributions to Dragonapps stuff, but nothing associated with Lighttech. The company actually declared they were all going their separate ways years ago, but their site remained active up until a few months ago, indeed for all the time they weren't making games it was nice to see the the site alive for as long as it was. They really set the bar high for companies that only ever did free audiogames, given their prolyphic sounds and very solidly built games even for being classified as light. They even gave Bopit oodles of replay value plus online play.

2020-02-04 14:03:21

Thank you for the kind words, @Jack.

To be honest, a comeback was never out of the question. Unfortunately, this is not as easy as it sounds. We could not focus on making audio games with the same passion anymore, life got in the way, you might say. If we developed something now, it would be considerably different. We would probably bicker more about making the perfect soundtrack, rather than finding new ways to innovate in code, as was customary with our generation of devs. smile

Knowing us, however, we always have a project or two shelved, so if we decide that its time for a comeback, which is unplanned at this time, you might see two space stations fighting against hordes of alien space ships and creatures at the same time, step into the shoes of an archeologist or become the hero of a paintball match, or even meet a gentleman with a mind trick or two.

I wish we had time and more developers smile

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi