2020-01-23 16:12:01

Hi Nolan. I am very interested in this project. I tried to download your project. I went to the Godot website and downloaded the 64-bit exe file for Windows. However, launching it is totally inaccessible, both for Nvda and for Jaws. What should be done at this point?
Thank you.

2020-01-23 16:45:34

@26 Have you read the README? Have you used the accessible starter? I assume you built godot-tts from scratch? I'm going to need more details, because right now it sounds like you may not have read the instructions, and I'm explicitly not supporting that.

2020-01-23 21:23:17

@25:
clang is in my path, "verbose" and "very-verbose" gives me not more information. I could not see where the error accours, i mean in which line of the buildscript. So I don't know, what is missing.

sorry for my english, I hope you have understood me.

2020-01-23 23:24:22

@28 You're building on a 64-bit system? I can't get 32-bit builds to work for some reason.

2020-01-24 15:08:17 (edited by ambro86 2020-01-24 15:09:29)

Hi Nolan, I've read your reply. I would very much follow the readme instructions, but that readme is for Linux. I've tried these instructions using windows and mac and don't work.
On mac I wrote:

git clone --recursive https://gitlab.com/lightsoutgames/godot … le-starter yourgame

xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools
), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

And in windows the gitcode command is not recognized.
How can I launch your project using Windows?
Thanks.

2020-01-24 16:03:00

@29:
yeah, I build on a 64 bit system. Maybe the same problem as in your build job?

2020-01-24 16:04:06

The wget command does not work on windows 64 bit

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-01-24 16:06:10

@30 ok... Sorry for my question, but are you a developer?
Of curse you have to install xcode command-line tools on mac.
Ask google for that.
For windows you have to first install git for windows.
Sorry, but please, if you have this questions, google can you help out!

2020-01-24 16:08:06

@32 yeah, you have to install wget first. See here:
https://builtvisible.com/download-your- … with-wget/

2020-01-24 16:24:57

Hi Cross, thanks for your answer.
I would like to give a little advice if I can to Nolan, to add this information, on how to download Wget for Windows and Xcode for Mac, because if this is a tool suitable even for those who are not specialized in these things, it could be very useful. In addition, it is only a matter of indicating it in the guide.

2020-01-24 17:05:45

Sorry for the double post. So. I installed Wget for Windows 10 and it works. I also installed Git for the command prompt. I can follow the instructions up to this point

wget "https://gitlab.com/lightsoutgames/godot … ob=publish" -O addons / godot-tts.zip

Connecting to gitlab.com (gitlab.com) | 35.231.145.151 |: 443 ... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response ... 404 Not Found
2020-01-24 15:58:17 ERROR 404: Not Found.

C: \ yourgame>

Hints?
Thank you.

2020-01-24 18:01:54

@46:
lol, yeah this is the point. The tts-plugin is not compilable under windows 10 at the moment, because of that you can not download the artifact.
At the moment I search for the problem and I think the developer too.
If I have a solution, I will inform here.

2020-01-24 18:22:58

Ok thanks chpross. I will check this topic from time to time to see if will be some news about that.

2020-01-24 20:28:01

Sorry folks, but if you need to be explicitly told to install wget, this isn't for you and I'm not providing that level of support. That's a lot of work, and I don't recall ever seeing a README advise me about installing wget, or that I can swap it out for curl with the correct command line flags, or... I'm also not teaching folks how to install git. I know that means this won't be for everyone, but I'm OK with that. Even if you manage to get this working, your problems will only just be getting started, because now you've got to learn to use a full game engine to create games, and that's going to involve lots of research, reasoning, and trial-and-error. I'm not going to rehash this every few dozen posts or so, so consider this my final note on the subject.

As an update, I'm trying to find a binary hosting service that I can automate CI uploads to. I was hoping GitLab releases would work, but apparently that's still in progress. I've dusted off my old Bintray account, but its interface is a bit inaccessible and I'm working on mastering it. Hopefully I can switch to releases for GitLab 12.8 or so.

2020-01-25 19:33:39

OK folks, the artifact is back up again. In the future, I'll make sure it builds successfully before having CI update it, though that may not be sufficient since my Windows CI runner is giving me issues (claims rustup isn't in my path on one run, then runs successfully the second time with no changes other than me RDPing into the system to check on the paths.) I can't even. In any case, hopefully I'll have something less brittle available in a GitLab release or two.

2020-01-25 21:07:10

So, I found the failure.
On windows 64-bit, rustup install the 32-bit toolchain. This is a known problem. For all guys, who have the same problem, install the x64 toolchain, gnu or mvcs. Then set this toolchain to default.
Now all works.