2020-01-16 02:17:07

I don't want to play, but I would like to watch the tournament. Will their be a stream going on for this?  It would be cool to see.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2020-01-16 03:56:16

Uh… It is kind of unfair though. Imagine going through an entire game and getting a lot of points and losing the entire match just because someone got more steps than you. Whether it’s greater steps or fewer steps is irrelevant; it's still unfair because it defeats the entire purpose of working on getting a good score.

--------------------
All of my socials and content platforms can be found on my website (not ready yet).

2020-01-16 04:03:02

Just include that as another goal of the game. The goal is not only to be the best but to strategically prevent others from getting bonuses. It's not always possible nor simple, but it is not unfair. I mean, technically your score can always be so good that bonuses don't matter, but of course with good players this rarely happens.

2020-01-16 05:55:37

yes but you have the potential to get those steps as well, the special bonuses award you for playing the game closer to perfection. People can lose hundreds of steps if they die on a game like the dragon's scales that kicks you out as soon as you die, so I could see that being really annoying. I don't mind whether the bonuses are enabled or disabled, I know how to adjust my playstyle accordingly, but I just think the rationale that you gave for eliminating people if they intentionally score badly in order to instead get a bonus doesn't make sense.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2020-01-16 08:48:01

Hey all
All of your mentioned points will be taken into consideration to be discussed amongst the organizers, some changes might occur accordingly if agreed by everyone in the team, I promise.
@25 The plan actually is based on the fact that the total number of players should be devided by 4, so even if for instence we got 40 participants, we'd follow the same plan by dividing them into 4 partys, each consisting of 10 players, picking the first 4 as agreed upon. Same approach if the number is above that. This is not a decision, it's an idea we may follow at some point.
@26 there will probably be, we'll see about that. If anybody ever wanted to stream it, feel free.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2020-01-16 09:09:13

@Nidza
1. Simply using your weapon is often seen mistakenly as a kill in some games, which means you could just spam it while moving.
2.  It's easy to get away with using any extra time to gain more steps  if you know you will win by using the position indicator.
3.  The point of competition is to win, but if someone gets just enough points to beat the person in first place, just because they collected some extra bubbles or rubies or some shit, but didn't actually win in one or two of the games, than IMO that goes against the purpose of competition mode.

Call it a strategy if you want, and there is something to be said for that, but it doesn't belong in a tournament IMO. Too many variables and too easy to abuse.
Run it on your servers if you want, but I personally never do unless I'm using quiet mode with people I know play fairly, and even then I'd go with rubies alone if I had a choice in it.
An alternative would be to run one with and one without bonuses enabled, but that would be allot of work I think and they don't have enough cash prizes.

2020-01-16 10:15:47

You didn't think about one thing. What if for example in one party we have 10 standart competition games, wherein another party there are 6 bonus games where you can get score much higher than 20, and only 4 standart competition ones?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-01-16 12:36:47

@nuno
Hi,
you don't have to worry about other parties, you'll pass to next round just depending on your party.
so say 32 players, 8 players each party, from each party top 4 will pass to the next round. or which ever format we follow.
so does not matter which games show up for each party.
and good luck!

"Stay hungry, stay foolish."

2020-01-16 12:48:34

No, simply using your weapon does not count as a kill, no idea where that comes from. I have tried another thing which is to for example keep pressing f on a button in a game like doors and buttons to increase my kills count, but it seems that does not really matter and the game correctly counts one kill per object. I could be wrong on this last point though but I'm pretty sure that the thing about just using your weapon is not correct.

2020-01-16 14:32:15

I think the kill count only applies to minigames that the goals is to eliminate stuff, for example the polluted beach or the minigame where you have to kill zombies to advance to the next room

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2020-01-16 20:15:58

The number of kills seems buggy to me, and how exactly do we know for sure if the number of steps taken is accurate. there have been times when I have played games like princess kittens, and I simply ran around the grid, stopping only to hit kitties, and I still didn't win the steps count. If I were organizing a tournament, I'd do either competition with no special bonuses or no competition with special bonuses. However, IMO, competition is in itself annoying at times.

2020-01-16 20:46:13

This is because I believe the way steps are counted changed. I am not sure if Pragma actually did hthis or not, but before beta 69 was released he mentioned in the skype group he will probably change this so that only each unique coordinate counts as a new step taken to avoid going just left and right to get that bonus. About kills, well how dou you know if it's buggy or not, you simply get some evidence to show it is buggy. I didn't notice any issues with it myself.

2020-01-16 21:38:21

I think I will register, bonuses or no bonuses, but I agree with the people who have said that no bonuses is preferrable. This way, it better reflects the actual skill of the players. Still it sounds fun.

2020-01-17 15:57:49

Hello,
we have discussed some of the matters raised about the tournament, and we have come to the following decisions: the mastermind game will be removed because of cheating, (thanks for pointing it out to us), and the colored buttons game will be added back. We would like to thank everyone for their support, 53 players are currently registered and the format will be extended to 48. Please note that we also decided to close the registration on January 29, if we reach 64 before that date, the format may be subject to change again.
Stay tuned!

"Stay hungry, stay foolish."

2020-01-17 18:11:48

@Nidza
No evidence is needed, find it your self.  I have nothing to gain from lying about this, nor am I the only one who has noticed it.
I realize you've played the game much more often and for a much longer period of time than I have, but, if I'm not mistaken it's mostly been in battle mode and you've missed some versions entirely like all of us.
I can say without a doubt that this was a well known issue in a couple of the ghost games, like the graveyard or pyramid, but it may have been fixed since then.  And if so, that's great!  But the rest of my points about not using bonuses still apply, at least for me personally.

2020-01-17 19:23:55

I do not mean evidence as in you are lying, rather as if  you think that the game is buggy or a part of it, explain why do you think so. No, I do not play only battles, and I did not skip many versions, not sure where those conclusions come from but they are not very relevant. If I played mostly battles I would not probably discuss a minigames topic. However, if I say well the X game is buggy, that does not help anyone. Any game can be buggy, but usually you explain why do you think so.

2020-01-18 16:22:20

I've never seen this bug you mentioned. Also, a kill is counted if you hit something on a map, and it disappears. So like, toggling switches doesn't result in a key, but taking out cactuses in the cut down the cactuses game does.
Things that might or might not count as a kill:
using external things, such as destroying ducks and walls in the explode the rocks games. It probably does, including killing the ducks.
Accidentally stepping on snowflowers might also count as a kill?
Opening gifts in the princess's gifts?
Killing ants in the ant traps?

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2020-01-30 07:12:55 (edited by musicalman 2020-01-30 07:13:46)

Damn, procrastination is bad. I saw this a few weeks ago but then got busy and either forgot about the tournament or said hey I'll register later, I have a while. Only to find out that registrations closed yesterday.
Lesson learned.
Ah well, for me it would've just been another fun game. Whether I would've won or not is largely irrelevant to me. I'm kinda curious to know now, but 90 percent of the experience would've just been the same for me as playing on an ordinary party lol
I wish all the competitors good luck!

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2020-01-31 10:10:50

Hi everyone,
First of all, we would like to take the time to thank all of you for your great support. We have got a total of 80 registrations.
That is more than double of the number we have originally planned for, therefore, we extended the format to include the first 64 participants out of the 80 registered. We also had to make some slight changes in the rules to match the new format as follows:
The format will be almost the same, except we now have 8 groups of 8 players each, instead of 4 groups previously. The top 4 players of each group will advance to the next level, repeating the same process in the next levels until we reach the final with 8 players. And finally, the top 3 players of the final will be announced the winners.
To make it more clear, that would be : 64 (8 groups), 32 (4groups), 16 (2 groups), and the final (8 players).
For the players on the waiting list,  Thank you for taking the time to register, please be there on time since 64 is a huge number, hence we expect absence, so you still have a chance to take part.
any player who does not show up will be replaced by players from the waiting list.
Any player who gets disconnected during the party will be sadly eliminated. we could not find a fair system since the number of participants is now doubled and we cannot include more players from those who are on the waiting list anymore.
Each party will be assigned a leader who will: a) insure the games are running according to the rules, and B) delivers the final results to the organizers.
To insure that the list of games will be the same for all parties, and with the same unlocked games, one of the organizers will create the party and leave it if he does not belong to it.
there will be no official stream, but if anyone would like to stream, he/she is more than welcome to do.
On the day of the tournament, there will be a public free table in playroom if you like to join, or you can contact one of the organizers at any of the previously provided methods.
To check the complete rules and the organizers contact information kindly visit this link: https://forms.gle/9qFxNKNyHWzi8xETA
as stated previously, the tournament will be held on the central server, Sunday Feb 2, at 17:00GMT.
Note: those who cannot see the servers list can connect using the central server address: saphirland.fr with the default 2500 port.
Please show up on time using the name you have registered with, and best of luck.
The random draw is as follows:
Group 1
1lopes
2mahdi
3Godzilla
4Paulinux
5Venom
6ACM
7Marina
8belatrix
Group 2
1mahmoud shrawy
2Mostafa
3Alex
4Muhammad Hajjar
5Deathstar
6abdo
7Storm
8Qais
Group 3
1rand-althor
2Krish
3Druid
4mohamedShrawy
5BuckeyeFan
6Mikhail
7dzsoker
8Momen mustafa
Group 4
1fawaz
2turtlepower
3guliwer
4crashmaster
5arnold
6Corona
7semsem2
8Moataz
Group 5
1oghma
2hogvr
3Nuno
4YILDIZ
5Carlos Macintosh
6Riad
7vlad
8stasp
Group 6
1razvan
2Klingon Warrior
3destruction-robot
4filip
5rora dadura
6Brent Buswell
7tonio
8shane
Group 7
1Simba
2Geoff
3Dingo
4Mazen
5pitermach
6Rauly
7mohammed hossam
8Ionut
Group 8
1DaxFarguson
2Redfox
3nala
4Steven Crouch
5abdulla dubais
6fathikawala
7Hanif Naufal Hafizhan
8Olcay

Best of luck to you all.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2020-01-31 13:35:58

Hello!
Expect a stream from me at the time of tournament. More details will be given tomorrow as I need to prepare my streaming environment.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2020-01-31 13:47:00

Muhammad, one thing which is not fair: you should exclude all bonus games, its very easy to get tremendous amounts of points on there! And not all groups might not get these games.

2020-01-31 15:39:04

But why does it matter? The point total is not counted between all groups, but just between your party.

2020-01-31 15:49:19

Unfortunate, I wanted to join, but it appears to be full, or at least, there is no eddit field in the form.

||||||||||
Dying Moose: Web Designer, Back End Designer, Sound Designer.
Galaxy stranger:
A spherical, black coloured ship descends to the surface. A small baby moose wanders up to it. As the moosling is about 10 meters, a red laser shoots out of the ship, punching a hole in the center of the moose. We hear a squeak and a thump as our view fades to black.

2020-01-31 20:57:48

In what time zone is this?

Best regards: Marco

2020-01-31 21:51:28

I’m curious about the time zone as well

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!