2020-01-14 12:38:25

No of course not. Haha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I suppose you really enjoy that don't you? Sounds absolutely brilliant and destroys your credibility for me immediately.

2020-01-14 12:42:38

Little little, in the middle...

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2020-01-14 12:47:47

*Angry Rant Coming Soon*

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-01-14 15:42:27

Jaidon Of the Caribbean rote
"
*Angry Rant Coming Soon*
"
I wouldn't do that if I was you. and he's not spamming, to my knowledge.
spamming is like:
erm'm'm'm'm'm'm'm'm'm'm'm'm'm'm'm'm?
barf'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f!
and so on.
lets not start a drama fest, shall we?
it's not needed.
o.
a bit off topic, anyone know how much for ETI eloquence from code factory?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-01-14 17:06:51

ok dude we just made a little fun posts, spam is same word milion times, or same phrase, letter many times. Is not it?

Yours kindly

2020-01-14 18:04:43

Whatever. People have a different definition of fun. If your fun posts consist of writing the same thing 10 times, then have all the fun you wish. My definition of fun is writing lenghthy posts that actually you know, have funny content in them.

2020-01-14 19:23:27

I wonder how long he’ll last before the next band comes

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

2020-01-14 21:27:48

Oh god in heaven it's such a terrible thing to laugh. What are we going to do, this guy made a post where he was laughing in part of it. I mean, forget that there are forum members that have done the exact same fucking thing before, let's harp on this guy in particular mainly on the basis that he was banned recently! Oh, not only that, but let's also hate and discredit anyone who doesn't have a problem with it.
I see now I'm a terrible person because i stood up for him.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2020-01-14 21:36:40

Dude, there are 100 other normal ways to express you find something funny. Writing haha, smile laughing, smile, lol, rofl, all is fine, but there is no need to write it 10 times. I have nothing against the guy personally, he creates an image of himself with that constant spammy attitude in every post. I could not care less if he was or was not banned recently, and his post was just an example. Everybody who did it in this topic was called out with my first post in it. You said noone spammed, so I pointed one example out which happened to be his post. Let me quote one awesome sentence of this post though:
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I should’ve waited to do this on my computer in the first place and i’ve been running around on the forum before this post but i just wanted to put this Out there

Sorry, but how do I expect anything professional from a guy who rushes a forum post and cannot wait some time to write it in a better way on his PC? I assume he does the same thing when developing, and writing posts is like 100 times simpler. I'm waiting to be proven wrong though, there's nothing to lose. Best case, we get an awesome game. Worst case, people were right about him. So instead of telling us how you will write a rant, which is yet another pointless thing, focus your energy on making your game as good as possible.

2020-01-14 21:44:11

The Dwarfer wrote:

Shit!

God damn it.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2020-01-14 22:05:48 (edited by jack 2020-01-14 22:06:49)

nidza07 wrote:

Sorry, but how do I expect anything professional from a guy who rushes a forum post and cannot wait some time to write it in a better way on his PC? I assume he does the same thing when developing, and writing posts is like 100 times simpler. I'm waiting to be proven wrong though, there's nothing to lose. Best case, we get an awesome game. Worst case, people were right about him.

Not seeing any clear and present rule violations here, so probably best to wait until/unless something does come up.
Re, development: I'm going to present something that may be a bit controversial, but it really shouldn't be. The only time professionalism is actually needed is when it's a paid product, or if it's online and actually needs to be actively maintained. Or when there needs to be an update to fix an issue or two, not being a jerk about it is a good way to keep former/potential players around. Beyond that, though, nobody owes you a kick-ass game. Self-included. If you personally don't like the potential game, that's fine. But until there is something that you pay for with your hard-earned cash, or a product needing regular maintenance, I would say you don't have the right to dick over the potential developer and set standards and expectations.
There is a rule clearly stating that unauthorized forks are not allowed. Thus developers with a hard-fast track record of backstabbing players/developers, or being untrustworthy, or are cloners, are about the only developers that are to be ostracized outright. Nowhere in that rule was it stated that you are outlawed from making a trash game. If people want to make a trash game? Freaking let them. If it's their definition of fun/humor, again I say. Freaking let them. Whether it is well received/receives a db entry is quite another matter based on clearly established quality standards, but that doesn't mean there is no place for it on the forum at least. jJust as long as it doesn't harm other's computers, become an outlet for drama on the forum, or backstab other devs/use their assets illegally, then what's the harm in letting it stay?

2020-01-14 22:20:21

I have never seen you around here before, but it's good to have you back anyway! Good luck with your development.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-01-15 00:20:12

Jack, while I do agree that a certain level of being proffessional can be expected only for paid products, if I was a developer and I wanted to make a free app, my goal would be to attract as many people as I can to try it out. How do I do that? Certainly not by saying sorry I know this thing is buggy but I will fix it at some point, goodbye, here's the link. Not saying he will do that, this is mostly what I meant by being proffessional and not rushing your games. In regards to trash games, certainly, nobody stops you from doing that, but we clearly saw that the majority is fed up of that. Again, if I was making a game I probably would not post it until I myself had some fun with it and played it for a longer amount of time and can say it was an enjoyable experience and the community deserves something like that. Some people though play their game once, realize it runs fine and rush to post it.I'm not expecting 24/7 technical support, bugfixing as soon as bugs come and are noticed, perfect spelling and grammar, that's the kind of stuff a paid product should be criticised about and not a free one. But there's this certain level of respect for your potential customers you should have, regardless if it is free or paid, and releasing a half finished product won't do it. You can have that excuse for your first project, but after that time you are supposed to learn some things and release something worth playing. Around 80 percent of this stuff is for everybody, and not jaydon specifically as he did not release his game yet. Once he does, we can talk about him specifically.

2020-01-15 01:30:44

Jaidon Of the Caribbean wrote:

*Angry Rant Coming Soon*

Well, not so much. Post 34 actually spoke to me a bit, and Nidza does have a point, although your introduction in this topic was wack. I mean, if you're giving me advice, great. I love advice, but if you want to come in this topic, while everyone else had no problem, and just randomly calls me a spammer, that's where I draw the line.
1. A spammer is a person who sends spam e-mails to someone else. It is common for the spammer to send the same or similar e-mail to a list of recipients multiple times over several days or weeks.
2. In computer games, a spammer is a person that sends an excessive number of messages to a zone-wide or global chat channel during a short period. These messages are usually to sell an in-game item or recruit players to join their group or party.
as defined by,
https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/s/spammer.htm
The intriguing yet horrible assembly of words passing as an attempt at grammar in spam emails.
"Why men prefer to avoid their own wives or girlfriends and lie, being scared of their male incompetence in bedroom, instead of just swallow one blue pilule and be her insatiable James Bond?"

is an example of "spammar"
says the urban dictionary... although this one is a bit off topic.
Or, the common form of spamming in this comunity is this:
er'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'm?
or
r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'of'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l?
Me going
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!
is not that spammy. Have you never laughed in your life before? Do you yell rofl everytime you're amused? I don't think so.
So, since, you have a problem with people having fun on threads, wwe must punish some notable for'r'r'r'r'r'r'um of'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'fender'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'rs s s s s s s s? OOPS! Start with me! hang me! a a a a a a a a a a a a! I'm! such! a! notty! professor! I'm not! capitalising! my words! oh! no! no o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o! Nex'x'x'x'x'x'x'x'xt to go, is dar'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'k? Dark, is a notable, forum thread joyful'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l? Him, and al'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l his elf'f'f'f'f'f'f'f'f's's's's's's. Another offender'r'r'r'r'r'r'r, is noctoroons! He, is such, a joyful! he! is so! bloody! sarcastic on threads! May the forum gods have mer'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'rcy on our'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r souls.

_____

2020-01-15 01:37:30

Sorry, stopped reading at the point you started being too childish, so in case I miss anything, not my fault. First, don't copy paste definitions. Second, I did not call you a spammer. I said, spam. I did not say you are a spammer, meaning you constantly do this. However, based on your post and how quickly you turned it into garbage by nicely spamming our synths, you are not trying to improve in any way. Whether you write multiple r's or just multiple ha's 20 times is not any difference to me. Again, I have explained about laughing in my post and how it can be done just fine in text. I barely saw you mentioned Dark/Nocturnus, and I'm glad you did. Those are the ways you do humor in text, not by writing multiple letters a bunch of times. Do it with actual content as I have already said. This just looks stupid and makes me skip the post immediately.

2020-01-15 01:40:53

And  there, right there. That is the spamming  we’re talking about. That makes you look so childish and immature that I will almost never want to try one of your games because I can already tell that that same immaturity and child this will be present there

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

2020-01-15 02:18:26

Thatt was The only spam in this topic
If you don’t wanna play my games, that is all up to you. Frankly, I don’t like people like
Let’s see how jaidon  lasts.
When in my two years here I was banned once and I don’t think anyone could say I spam on here or show any evidence

_____

2020-01-15 02:25:27

Moderation:
Jaidon, you can go ahead and consider this an official caution. Keep it up, and you'll be warned. Please don't sully your return by spamming.
Originally you weren't too bad, and the occasional bit of spam is not god-awful. But your latest post was brutal. Way over the top. You don't have the excuse of not knowing what you're doing, either, so this is why you've got a caution.
When you read a book that's been professionally published, do most people in that book who laugh actually say "hahahaha", or does the text usually indicate that they're laughing in some other way? Obviously a book is not precisely the same as a forum, but surely you take the point.

Now, to the rest of you, cut out the needless almost-but-not-quite character assassination. If Jaidon makes his game, let's judge it based on its own merits instead of dogpiling him this way. You're entitled to your opinions, obviously, but this thread is just...not pretty. It shows a pretty nasty side of the community which I'm frankly sick to death of. The dude just got back. How about, y'know, not jumping on his back?

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-01-15 02:57:51

Yeah I agree; if you were going to provide that example I would have personally put it in block quotes so that people can skip past it. That does make you look kind of immature. That being said though, by criticizing him for choosing to laugh in that way even though other people have done that very same thing before, I'm sorry guys, but you kind of brought that upon yourselves. Maybe next time just scroll past it and just don't say anything, because typing hahahaha is harmless, and if anything you criticizing him is more harmful in that regard because you're starting flames needlessly.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2020-01-15 03:00:23

Yeah Jayd. I had that comin, but only for 39
I think, a lot of forumites have a pre ban displeasure of me saying, indivisible should go in gg. Jimmy started on me in my last few days pre ban.
If people still have grudges against me, its real petty. However, I think you guys passsed that. You guys may dispise me, but I have loads of respect for most of you.

_____

2020-01-15 03:09:07

@39 rofl noctoroons! What are those, midnight snack cookies?  I want some!

@Jack, post 36 needed to be written.
@everyone else?  Relax!  Chillax!  Chill-ice!  Chill watermellons and take chillpills and snack on some icecream sandwitches and sip a few cookies and cream shakes.  And if that fails to cure you?  Snack on some popcorn!  Better  yet?  Go buy me some noctoroons!  and I"ll share them with ya!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-01-15 03:14:02

Someone should make those

_____

2020-01-15 03:43:46

lol i'm still liking the idea of wack a mod. if any were up for it for giggles they could record sounds and be thrown about in table flipper. would be hilarious.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2020-01-15 22:54:19

Lol? My day was trash.
This topic made it better. Thanks guys. Oh, by the way,
Hahahahaha!
I know this is going to annoy someone… So let’s do it anyway…

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-01-15 23:06:01

It wont annoy anyone. Your post has actual content, not only that. Imagine if 5 of us write hahahahahaha on each topic we find funny, it would turn into a mess. But everyone understands posts the way they want to.