2019-12-28 04:13:23

No offense intended, but I thought you were done talking about this?

Now, as far as you "stating facts", I just want to show you something.

So everyone named Bill has black, oily hair, and I think it's gross. Don't get mad at me, I'm just stating my opinion that everyone named Bill has oily gross black hair. I'm basing this on the fact that one dude named Bill had black hair. I wasn't quite sure if it was oily but it must have been because well that's what I think and I have a right to think and say what I want.

And on, and on.

Can you see how ludicrous this is?

Yes, there are jerks in the blind community. There are jerks in every community I've ever seen, from the outside or the inside. Jerks everywhere. But also good people everywhere too. People who don't enjoy being told that their community has a problem which is, in truth, only represented by a smallish, jerkish subsection of that group. Just as I'm sure that some people named Bill have black hair, and sometimes that hair is even gross and oily.

What you're doing is overrepresenting your issue. You're impatient, you're upset that you're being stonewalled by a boss, and rather than just tell us that, you're doing a bunch of silly things that are destroying pretty much any desire to help you or take you seriously.
1. First, you say that anyone who can beat this boss is a liar. Great start, champ. If there are people who have beaten this boss, you just stated that you'd ignore them and wouldn't believe them.
2. You're assuming that just because you can't do a thing, no other blind people can. I can't explain to you how insulting and self-aggrandising this is.
3. Then you started ranting about how the blind community are jerks because they're not helping you. This paints a pretty grim picture. You want help from a community. You won't believe the members of that community which are capable of giving you the feedback you request, and you're convinced they must be lying if they've done what you can't. And as for the rest of us? Well clearly many of us (though not all, you did clarify that) are just stonewalling you because we're blind jerks named Bill. Or...something.

This is ludicrous.

Next time you ask for help, try way, way harder to gauge your intended audience. And also remember one really, really important thing:
Any time you ask for help, you are relying on someone else. If you insult them, annoy them, anger them, discredit them or otherwise make the idea of helping you unpalatable, you aren't going to get the help you want. And guess whose fault that is? It's yours. Not ours. Yours. No arguments. No equivocations. I'm not interested in mincing words. We as a community owe you nothing. We as individuals generally owe you nothing. If you come in with guns blazing, it's just going to end badly. You're the one with the need that isn't being met, not us. If you walk away, we lose nothing. It's you who comes forward with a question, not us. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that anyone who has what someone else requires has some power over that person, and that's a relationship which admittedly can be abused, but for heaven's sake don't start out by doing silly things like this.

Okay. Rant over.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-12-28 04:21:58

#26 may just be the greatest thing I've read all day. Thanks for that.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-12-28 06:24:36

Number 26 well said. I Fully agree.

2019-12-28 07:09:00

Post 26, my thoughts exactly. Thank you.

fantasy world creationist

2019-12-28 10:23:03

Hahaha champ. Man that was worth the read just for that word alone.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2019-12-28 11:42:27

You know. this post is exactly how to not get anyone to help you in future.
I can not stand this sort of attitude.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-12-28 16:13:44

Okay, maybe I'm not as impatient as I thought.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-12-28 19:51:31

@26, for that kind of reason i like your guides hahaha. that was great, definitely!

@1:
You haven't told us how the heck we can help you, so here is some general info.
please note that i've played the game only twice, because i don't own it myself. i'm awaiting the steam verssion.
If you wanna know some info about the boss, or the story in general, you can check this:
https://snk.fandom.com/wiki/Shizuka_Gozen
About shizuka herself, maybe the most useful info you need to know is to understand how the battle works.
When round 1 starts, she will have an aura around her, think of it like a shield. basically, in this state, you can't cause damage to her. you need to hit her of course, but you will cause damage to her aura. after several hits, you will destroy the shield, and she will be defenseless on the ground. she can't attack, she can't move... that's your chance. you need to hit her as much as you can, causing the maximun possible damage. After some time has passed or when you cause enough damage, her shield will reappear and you have to destroy it again. destroy the shield again, and be careful with her attacks or supers. once it's destroyed, attack shizuka with all you've got.
general tip: if you have meter for a special or your issen, use it after hiting shizuka enough times. what i'm trying to sai is that after destroying her shield, you must cause damage and use your super or issen as the last part of your attacks, and try to save your issen for round 2.
After defeating her in the first round, she will be much more powerful but it is the same pattern of destroying her shield and then attacking the boss.
oh, one more thing. at the start of round 2, block immediately because she will start by doing a super attack.

I hope this helps you, and a friendly tip. next time you need help, do things better, cause if i see another rant like this, even if i can, i'll not help you anymore.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2019-12-28 20:27:26

Wow, you're bold enough to say something about it? Damn, where'd you get all that courage to type letters on your keyboard and press the submit button? Where all people got afraid and went away, here's one who finally decided to take the risk of... Nothing, and post to the forum. On a more serious note, everybody else pretty much explain what the problem with your attitude is, but you choose to address only specific parts and leave the rest out. I get that playing mainstream retro games is frustrating for some people, and on the same note I can play some games and complete them, yet if someone were to ask me to explain a level to someone I'm not sure how I'd do it. Reading guides for sighted players is often helpful as well, after all that's somewhat the point of a mainstream game, not to expect a blind person to tell you everything. Of course, this wont always work, and this is where you come and say hey, I've done this and read a guide which says to do that, but I'm not sure how best to achieve that as a blind player. Just saying hey I can't beat this boss wont help people understand what issues you're having.

2019-12-30 18:36:26

The boss is ridiculous in this game. I've only beaten her once, with Haramaru or however it's spelt. Some other characters have a much harder time of it, and worse yet I don't really know how to help you. She's really, not easy at all and I can't beat her consistently enough to provide a guide at the moment.