2019-12-29 04:17:48

I'm tired, guys. I'm simply tired of all the fights going on all the time, everywhere. Yes, a post on this forum has inspired this topic, but honestly it's not just on this forum. It's on social media, it's on media itself, and it's even at home. I've seen fighting before now, but lately it's just gotten bad. I fully recognize that I could have played a part in all this bickering, but for god's sake guys this is Christmas/New-Years! This is supposed to be a time for love, and happiness, and cheer, exactly how it's been every other Christmas. What happened? Why have we sunken this low? Is this how we desire to end the 2010s? I'd have to say, I've seen pretty bad years before, but this is the worst out of all of them thus far. I don't think I could ever honestly say that I've seen people fighting on holidays like this in my entire life. Come on guys, we should be spreading love and joy to our friends/families, not tearing each other apart like dogs. I'm sorry, but I had to say something about this because it's been bothering me this hole month.

--------------------
All of my socials and content platforms can be found on my website (not ready yet).

2019-12-29 04:28:58

I get you there.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-12-29 04:30:43

Humanity's biggest flaw is that when left unchecked it will always find ways to negatively disagree.  The rise of the popularity of internet annonimity has made it easier than ever to trollface people left, right and center.  The difference between today and thousands of years ago?  We used to tear each other apart with swords and battle axes and bows and arrows; the gladiators and other spectacular and equally catestrophic events of the Roman coliseum were very much real.  We haven't really changed; we've just suppressed our ways thanks to social awareness.  The problem?  Now it is becoming just as socially acceptible to consider ourselves a collective where numbers matter more than meaninful friendships and reputation is based on how many connections and contacts you can forge rather than actual relations.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-12-29 05:35:43

And people think they can judge others just because of one mistake, and they never let it go or stop mistreating that person.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-12-29 05:58:20

There's truth in that, yes.  For the record?  I'll never say I'm perfect at it, but I try not to.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-12-29 08:29:43

big thums up to this topic.

Yours kindly

2019-12-29 18:09:55

I agree with everything you said, @1. The holidays is a time for love and joy.

2019-12-29 19:27:10

Honestly, I've never really seen a difference in the amount of fighting based on whether it's a holiday or not. In fact, people probably fight more on the holidays, because they're not as busy with school or work.

2019-12-29 19:35:16 (edited by jack 2019-12-30 02:03:34)

Not usually. Each person's situation is different, but I have seen an influx of preemptive notions of upcoming fighting during the holidays and what to watch out for, especially on Twitter. More than I've ever seen in a given year. To be clear there were always stories here and there of shit going down, but I have never seen so many people publicly dreading coming home for the holidays because they are afraid they'll get tossed in the middle of some infighting. Yes, it's an epidemic. The same adults who tell their kids they spend too much time on their phone are scouring Facebook and starting trollbate over nothing like it's their 9to5. It's come to the point where younger people are doing more to rid themselves of a social media addiction than the adults who were previously trying their damnedest to do exactly that while not aplying the same standard to themselves. Funny how the tables turn.

2019-12-29 20:07:17

Yeah, can't tell ya how many young adults I've already heard who have said they could care less about twitter or facebook.  When you factor in the idea that your employer is now apparently entitled to all of your posts and any other social media history I'd say many college aged peeps are probably wondering whether shying away from huge social media platforms is probably the best step forward.

2019-12-29 20:55:35

I know this isn't a good moment to end this decade...

73 Wj3u

2019-12-30 01:30:44 (edited by moaddye 2019-12-30 01:31:16)

a big thumbs up cake.
Man, we're like a small comunity. Yeah we may have hundred thousands and stuff, but we're just small because to be honest, most of the people here just watch what happens. only about 100 or even more/less post here, and they're slowly lowering. from bans, to leaving, to blah blah blah. Yeah the bans are deserved.
anyway, Save it for later.

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2019-12-30 02:27:33 (edited by Dark 2019-12-30 02:33:03)

Once upon a time, a scientist in Spain who really hated bull-fighting decided that the only way to stop it was to create a talking bull.
If, he reasoned, the bull was able to speak, to explain how painful and cruel a time the bull had in the bull ring, nobody but an utter sadist could bare the bull fights to continue. All that was needed, the scientist thought was a bit of common understanding and human decency would do the rest.

so, the scientist worked very hard. He cross bred various species of cow, augmented the cow's brains, even surgically altered the cows teeth and tongues so that they could speak human speech.

After 10 hard years work, he finally had it, an intelligent bull who  speak and reason.
The scientist spent several more years educating his bull, the bull read ethics and philosophy, he studied the arts, read many classic novels, even learnt mathematics and algebra, though the scientist was always careful to make sure the bull never read anything with a reference to bullfighting since he did not want to bias his experiment.

The bull indeed was a peaceful creature, who loved all living things, and even tried to avoid eating flowers as he grazed because he didn't want to kill the bees.

The scientist indeed had almost decided the bull was far too beautiful and gentle a spirit to complete his experiment, accept that a local matador saw the bull grazing beside the lab, and seeing that it was obviously such a fine, strong looking bull, thought it would be perfect for the arena.

The night before the big fight, the scientist talked patiently to the bull. The bull reaffirmed the fact that he loved all living things, that life was sacred, that violence was only justifiable when all other methods had failed, and even then, only the minimal amount of violence necessary for self defence.

The next day, the gates and the bull ring opened. In one side strode the matador,, swirling his red cape and flourishing his sword.
In the other came  the bull, one of the picador's lances stuck in it's behind.

the Bull didn't wait for the bell, but lowered his head and charged straight forward, the matador only just getting out of the way.

"but what about non violence? What about peaceful means?"

The scientist shouted to the bull.

"He's got a sword! "

The bull replied.

The scientist tried shouting again, but with the thunder of his hooves, the bull couldn't hear him.

The bull, being especially intelligent, killed the matador, but was badly wounded itself in the process.

The scientist was able to speak to the bull at the end.

"why didn't you use your words, why didn't you talk to him? Why didn't you explain that you were another rational creature."

The bull replied.

"The pain is mightier than the words."

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-12-30 03:18:40

An old man and his grandchild sat together on an early evening.  The old man said, "Two lions struggle for your soul.  They fight like lions do, tearing each other apart, intent on being the conquering king.  They will fight as long as you live, both desperately longing to be victorious..."
The old man continued, "One of them is everything evil you have ever known. He is pride, arrogance, anger, jealousy, greed, self-pity, guilt, shame, embarrassment and regret.  The other is all the good you have ever known.  He is joy, happiness, truth, justice, humility, peace, generosity, grace, mercy and forgiveness.  The battle between these two beasts goes on inside us all, each ready to die to destroy the other."
After a long pause during which he thought of all he had just heard, the child spoke.  "Grandpa, which one will win in the end?"
The grandfather smiled and quietly said, "The one you're willing to feed."