2019-11-30 18:17:18

Hi guys,
over at hist last Manamon 2 stream, Liam mentioned an update having been released for Psycho Strike, with a very nice panning thing that Liam was begging Aaron to do. :-)
However, now that I checked the VGStorm website, I couldn't find anything about an update there at all.
Is this something that's still being worked on and Liam blew it to the public prematurely, or am I just really stupid and overlooking something? yikes)
Thanks,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2019-11-30 19:17:27

An update to psycho strike just with a panning fix, after all this time? Yeah umahem.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-11-30 21:27:11

I certainly didn't say, or at least didn't mean to say, that the only change was the mentioned panning fix, whatever that's supposed to mean exactly. That was just the thing Liam mentioned on that stream as the most important one to him in his current state. On that Manamon stream, he said he might be playing Psycho Strike during his Sunday marathon because of that update, which also included that fix which seems important to him. That was the reason I asked, I was interested in the update not because of a panning fix or change, but because of the other possible stuff that might have been included.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2019-11-30 21:30:15

I, I I didn't heard about an or something of an update to psycho strike when it was releaced.

73 Wj3u

2019-11-30 21:39:35

Ah I see. If anything, that game should seriously get sr support. God I hate using sapi for some of those games.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-11-30 22:33:19

my bad. I meant screaming strike

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-11-30 22:41:50

I punched a monkey!

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-11-30 23:08:40

Ah, what a bitter disappointment. And sorry for starting the confusion this way, everyone. Maybe I even heard you wrong, who knows. Since it was a Manamon stream, I might have made the subconscious association to another VGStorm game myself.
Lukas

2019-11-30 23:52:04

if that thing was updated I would be so happy!

2019-12-01 11:34:57

There probably won't be any updates to it either in the future. Ps is the one vg storm game that could have gone so many places, but then it never got off the starting line imo. There was huge potential for expantion and new mechanics, but nothing was done to fully flesh out the present systems. In its current state, PS really isn't that much of a crime gang simulator. It's more about senseless killing than actual crime syndicates, with some robbery elements included.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-12-01 15:35:05

Generally speaking, if a VG storm game is more than a year old, you shouldn't expect any larger improvements. Paladin got wall tone improvements. Original Manamon got a couple of new unknown gifts. And that's...pretty much it.
I hope this trend dies a death, but right now, that's about the size of it.
And to some extent, it makes sense. You can't support a game indefinitely and be tweaking it a decade later. I get that. But to expect a change to PsychoStrike after all this time...well the game has been dead for several years now. I was not at all surprised to see that it was Screaming Strike, not Psycho Strike, that got an update.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-12-01 20:36:32

@9 yeah, psycho strike still has potential. But the fact that it doesn't even have an updater isn't making it better either.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-12-03 08:13:41 (edited by turtlepower17 2019-12-03 08:17:21)

It would be great if Psycho Strike got updated, but I gave up hope for that a long time ago. I look back at how aggressively I defended it upon its release and shake my head, for if I'd known how quickly it would be abandoned, I wouldn't have done so. Sure, I would have shot down the baseless claims some helicopter parents and hangers-on made of supposed corruption of kids who played it and all that, but I wouldn't have gone to bat for it nearly as fiercely had it not been stated that updates were going to be a thing that happened eventually. Psycho Strike was one of my favorite games at one point. Had the simulation aspects been expanded further, it could have been something great. As it stands, all the naysayers got what they wanted, albeit in a different way to what they were hoping.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.