2019-11-29 21:43:10

yeah actually, I can go with @20 and similar

2019-11-29 21:58:25

@17, fair enough. But banning individual accounts when they're using the Tor network is probably a better idea than banning that exit node entirely, especially when you don't know who else could be routed through that same node. (Sde note: I think that tracerouting a tor node IP address will fail to resolve to the origin IP, which is a good indicator that they're either using a VPN or tor.)

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-11-30 00:35:00

I don't know, sometimes I hate the fact that kids can come on here. I wish it was restricted to 18+, but even a lot of those people in the blind community have their own bullshit going on.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-30 00:57:14

This toppic got copletely senseless, so we can just posting. 23 umph i miss klango rofls.

2019-11-30 01:22:46

How exactly is that happening?

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-30 02:29:55

@28 Considering the one 17-year-old admin... LOL`

2019-11-30 08:02:48

@28 every person is not like urh and some cloner kiddos. So still i didn't get your post.

Yours kindly

2019-11-30 08:06:06

It seems like we're swamped with them. What can I say.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-30 08:22:53

@33 well maiby yeah they are so many but what must that persons whitch are not participating to make clones and etc to do?

Yours kindly

2019-11-30 13:42:04

Exactly. Let’s not even forget the fact that sam is 17. Ivan was also 17 when he released TK. I myself am 16. Granted if you dig into my post history you’ll see some pretty immature moments up there, but I was 13 when I registered and relatively clueless about the world around me. I can think of quite a few others who registered under 18, Lauren Downie, defender, danny, steve, skyloard, mason under his various accounts, Liam and Philip? Just to name a few. Sediment is also a great example that age doesn’t always mean maturity, though he himself registered under the name FuriousD in 2008.

2019-11-30 14:07:24

Only above 18? Seriously? LOL

2019-11-30 16:24:34

Given the fact that there is no age verification possibility I don't see that being practical. Not to mention that it's doubtful whether or not most of the cloners are even 13 themselves, most of them sure don't act the part and they're easy to tell apart from most kids and adults alike.

Moonwalker wrote:

Only above 18? Seriously? LOL

Exactly. If we've had adult-aged members cause all kinds of havoc on here, then age restricting the site is not going to get rid of it entirely. Not to mention the fact that it is still not going to permanently eradicate any cloners possibility of registering on the forum, even when banned quite soon after.

2019-11-30 17:00:45

I don't even think kids should be allowed on the internet. I know it's not practical but yeah.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-30 17:08:09

@38, FYI, you’re a perfect example of what you’re protesting against. You can’t really expect anyone to take you seriously until you show some maturity yourself.

2019-11-30 18:58:07

So calling out people for their stupidity is immature, but becoming involved in a hot bed of questionable games with questionable code isn't?

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-30 19:12:11 (edited by jack 2019-11-30 19:28:43)

Ironcross32 wrote:

So calling out people for their stupidity is immature, but becoming involved in a hot bed of questionable games with questionable code isn't?

That's not what Charlie's saying. The two aren't mutually exclusive. I think he was talking about your past track record when mentioning that. Calling out stupidity when warranted, which it is in this case, is not immature. Getting involved in unauthorized code theft/skirting the bans remains just as immature as it has been.

2019-11-30 19:20:50

I think it also depends on how much contact people have with the outside world. If you have the opportunity to mingle with people who live near you, take it. It seems like the people who  are able to do this (it may not be possible for some) are more socially aware and more mature because of learning from others. That could also backfire if the other people are immature, but that's why it's helpful to get to know many different types of people.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-11-30 19:22:57 (edited by jack 2019-11-30 19:28:52)

AKA reason number 45120 why *most* blind schools don't prepare people for the real world both socially and just in general. W aren't going to get anywhere if you are institutionally sheltered in your own little world.
Also, I have the same argument kids shouldn't be on the open internet, but that applies to those under 13. Which, incidentally, a fare few of the cloners presumably are. The argument should really be where the hell are the kids' parents in this and how are they getting away with things that would have the rest of us getting our asses handed to us. Moderation on a forum can only give them so much exposure to reality, but there's a point where it stops because this being not a workplace environment with online components, there naturally are no offline consequences whatsoever. It's a serious problem. Parents handing kids as young as 6 phones or tablets and letting the roam free so they can go watch tv and play farmvill or whatever the hell else. It's the reason why Youtube now suddenly has to bend to their will, because some of these self-righteous people are the same ones that take shots at Youtube stars when their kids, uh, find? their Youtube videos with choice words, when really it's the parents' fault for being so oblivious.

2019-11-30 19:29:12

I know like one other VI person IRl. When you interact with sighted people, there's not this just miasma of bullshit hovering over them.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-30 19:32:35

I know not everyone has the opportunity to get out more, but it's called get mainstream social media at least. If your country hasn't firewalled it that is. It's nowhere close to real reality, but any effort to expose onself counts for something. And no, Skype doesn't count, that's only people you, quote, know, but it's not an open world.

2019-11-30 19:48:01

Ironcross, for god's sake, don't forget that you were also a kid some years ago. After gaining some reputation people can forget their past sooo easily.

2019-11-30 20:33:28

Except I never did any of that crap.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-30 20:42:04

May I just say a proven fact:
Middle schoolers are by proxy annoying. I was one, and I was annoying. While not everyone is not annoying to a fault in middle school, all middle schoolers are annoying to some extent. It goes away with time.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-11-30 20:51:00 (edited by jack 2019-11-30 20:53:07)

Correct. I'll be the first to admit I was very annoying back then. Did I actually take the time to learn programming? Yes. Have I finished? Hell no, and it's been how many years. Have I done small projects? Yes. Online? Absolutely not. Have I stolen code? Absolutely not. Granted there was hardly any code around to steal at the time but still. I presume every kid has been tought not to take what isn't yours. Whether they choose to follow that is entirely their call, and that can ultimately determine one's maturity. There's just no excuse for it, even oh they're just a kid, but...nothing. Cloners can learn from their mistakes and not in an Urh2306/Audiogamer1000 bribery/false dealings method. Sometimes learning means getting called out. Just because they're kids doesn't always mean handle with kid gloves, though you obviously do want to be careful not to actually rip into their person, as it is entirely possible to call out someone's actions, spare no feelings, and yet still attempt to avoid ripping at their actual person.

2019-11-30 21:23:27

Ok Ok, it's getting very, very interesting right here, since I'm now writting (writing) on the mall and I don't know what to do since we're preparing for a grupal exam.
Firstly someone has a second account, tne, then a mix of some popcorn, the other one saying that uh did something and was banned for doing that inpatriotic thing, wa the other that the forum will be restricted by guys thah have 18 years or more. I myself recently am 19 years old, so why you didn't congratulated me for me birthday? Come on, give me some cake for me or still others, the month is coming to an end, the year and the decade also, so if you want to selebrate the new decade coming...

73 Wj3u