2019-11-15 14:46:43

I was thinking about this more last night, I already put it in a topic, but I figured why not make it its own topic...
So, currently, the mods do a new @moderation whatever tye post for mod stuff. Which is all fine and good....except there's one big problem with how forums work...

Let's say John smith puts up a link to something and the mods edit the post. Now, I know mods can edit posts. Now suppose other topics are getting traction and people forget about John Smith's post since it's slid off the first page. Along comes a mod with a @moderation post. That puts John Smith's topic right back at the top of the list. Instead, I'd like to propose the mods simply edit the offending post and add their @moderation in the post itself.

For example

@Moderation by Mox A

This is an example moderation message edited into the post, John Smith will be given a warning as an example

The topic would therefore not appear on the firsr page and fade away from the active topics list.

Or for closing topics, a simple 'topic closed by X for Y reason' edited into the initial post could work just as well.

I just think it'd help a lot with topics not being bumped back to the front of the list and drawing attention to them.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2019-11-15 18:39:44 (edited by omer 2019-11-15 18:40:02)

though, people can abel to edit their own posts,

2019-11-15 18:42:11

And this way, people usually wouldn't see warnings and such because who rereads posts?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-11-15 19:00:32

Yeah, three nailed it.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-11-16 03:41:45

Also it would make the trouble makers happy since they can say well the mod wrote something in another user’s post so don’t trust them

We already have enough of that at present

2019-11-16 15:35:16

I think it's fine the way it is. If one user was warned or what what have you, whatever else in the topic would continue, if it was OP, or if too much drama was flying around in there, the topic would be closed. Either way, life goes on. If the topic is closed, it'll die down and if not, well that just depends on whether it has any current traction.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-19 01:41:54

And add to that, some funny users would troll others by adding fake mody texts in their posts themselves. Take this as an example:
Moderation!
Muhammad Hajjar, you've been given a warning for righting such a not funny example. Keep doing this and you'll head will be mashed with the almighty hammer of inevitable ban.
ironcross32 you've been also given a warning for, uhm, well I don't know, maybe for not taking care of your kitty properly? Or maybe you do, who doesn't anyway, I don't know.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2019-11-19 06:57:16

yeah, that's what they could do indeed
moderation:
rory-games has received a warning for not abiding by the rules and arguing with things that would help the moderators.

see?, it's so easy to fool others this way

2019-11-19 12:50:48

This topic is just proof that no matter what is offered, someone will come along and decide that it can/should/must be better.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-11-19 14:53:24

@jade, that's the whole issue.
People always just think that they can make things better lol. Not a jab @1, because that's not the kind of personality I get from... her? I think op is female, anyway.
But it is an accurate representation of how a lot of people think, including me, when I was a lot yunger.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-11-19 15:18:39

Well my intent with this was to cut down solely on topics jumping back to the top of the topic list with mod posts. So let's turn this around. Is there a way to not have mod/admin posts not cause a topic to jump right back to the top of a topic list. Mostly since it simply draws attention to whatever is going on

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2019-11-19 16:20:57

I mean, the whole point of modaerations is so that you see the issue and fix it.
If it doesn't jump up, you might not know that you got warned.
I feel like this would cause more issues than not.

----------

2019-11-19 16:49:11

Just wanted to chime in and say that I see both sides here. If mods don't warn people in the topic they acted up in, they wouldn't know they're in trouble. If they do, it stirs up old flames. The way I see it, there's nothing you can do about it that'll solve both problems, so I say leave it the way it is.

--------------------
All of my socials and content platforms can be found on my website (not ready yet).

2019-11-19 19:45:34

I think the fact that the topic floats to the top after a warning or other staff intervention is overshadowed by the fact that info is readily available. Also, in many instances, topic closure is a result, so it'll only bob up to the surface once before sinking into the depths. That's obviously not a guarantee, but I think we're making an issue out of a nonissue here, personally.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1