2019-11-03 20:24:07 (edited by Trajectory 2019-11-04 02:57:19)

Okay, so this might be a bit bold and somewhat of a long shot, but here goes:
Anybody who watches charity live stream marathons like Games Done Quick will have surely heard the phrase '$5 donation train'. What does it mean? It means that if lots of people give a little (like $5), then as a collective we can accomplish incredible things without having to make incredible sacrifices.
So here's my idea: For every $30 USD I can raise from the community, I will contribute an additional $10 of my own (up to a maximum of $100).
That means that if just six people contribute the price of a coffee, somebody will be allowed to enjoy a brand new Manamon II adventure who otherwise might be forced to miss out due to their personal circumstances.
I will select recipients from the gift request thread based on the following criteria:
People who live in countries with limited access to online payment services get first dibs, followed by those who are unable to buy it due to age, followed by everybody else.
So what do you say: can we get this train of community rolling?
If you wish to contribute, you can do so by sending funds via PayPal to:
[email protected]

All aboard, choo-choo!

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

Thumbs up +11

2019-11-03 20:44:08

That'll be really good. If I can access to the Paypall, I'll surelly pay but I can't. So please add me that receivers list if possible.
Thanks.

If that's helpfull, why don't you press Thumbs up?

2019-11-03 20:51:12

Let's hope we can make some great things happen for you.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

Thumbs up

2019-11-03 21:23:28

Add me to the list as well. I love to have Manamon 2. I hate to ask that.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

Thumbs up

2019-11-03 21:32:42

add me also if you could, do to that trip and me beeing slightly underage i cant contribute, sorry

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

Thumbs up

2019-11-03 21:38:50

Count me in, I'm only 14 so I can't use paypal but I want to see this happen.

Thumbs up

2019-11-03 21:42:29

Just a bit of a clarification here:
Trajectory said he's gonna pick recipients from the gifting topic so there's no need for anyone to repeat what they've said in there.
Thanks for the very cool idea.
Wishing everyone a good luck.

Thumbs up

2019-11-03 21:43:27 (edited by arceus 2019-11-03 21:45:18)

@1Your post is really a very kind and good idea for our comunity. I love when nice things like this one happen smile
I usually don't like to ask others to help me buy a game/product, but I can't lie i was trilled by the new manamon II. You can add me to the list too. I'm underage, and paypall doesn't allow me use a credit card.
again, I like your idea and I hopi I'll be able to do something simillar to this one one day.
smile
edit
Should i post this in the gifting topic? I didn't post anithing on there, so not sure if I would be added on the list

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

Thumbs up

2019-11-03 22:26:13

Hi. I really think you are doing a great thing by doing this. Do you think you could please add me to the list to? I unfortunately don’t have a credit card and exchange rate is terrible. Thanks in advance.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

Thumbs up

2019-11-03 22:45:43

Hello.
I'm from Iran and in our country the access to the online paying methods such as Paypal is blocked.
If you can help me to have the Manamon ii for free, it will be so cool.
thank you!

The best thing about the worst time of your life is that you get to see true colours of everyone you cared for.

Thumbs up

2019-11-03 22:53:22

hi,
I am from iran as well and we don't have access to PayPal, master/visa cards etc.
i would also thank you if you add me as well.
thanks.

2019-11-03 23:38:12

There is another topic on page 1 of general where requests are being made. I would politely request that make your case there if you haven't done so already. There are a lot of posts to sift through.  That way this topic can be kept a tidy place for status reports and the like.
Still no takers?
We can do it folks! We can do it!
$5, even $2, it all adds up to great things!

Thumbs up

2019-11-04 00:06:58

so, there's loads of people requesting here but how about some people helping to get it?

2019-11-04 00:11:42

Sorry to ask the same thing twice, but are requests already posted here took in account?

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

Thumbs up

2019-11-04 01:06:37

Remember folks, I'm offering 25 percent on every dollar.
That means if six people contribute $5, I contribute the same as two additional people, and someone's in for a joyous surprise.
We've done it before, let's do it again.

Thumbs up

2019-11-04 01:50:59

@Trajectory
I allready posted my situations on post:
Do I need to post the thing to the other topic?

If that's helpfull, why don't you press Thumbs up?

2019-11-04 02:28:02

First, thanks a bunch for doing this. What a great service to our community!
I've gone ahead and taken you up on the offer. Let's see what we can do shall we?

I have a couple requests to make though.
Seeing the shear number of posts our here asking, and two posts giving, I wonder if you may consider excluding certain situations, and/or potentially adding a bit of criteria since who doesn't jump at giveaways. I feel as if many under a certain age, we were all here at one point or another, could ask for the game as a christmas or birthday gift. There's also allowance or cash. Some parents are strict so this wouldn't work but others may not mind. If in doubt ask guys.

How about waiting to draw until mid, late November or so? This would give those who haven't a time to play through the demo a chance at deciding how much they *actually* still want the game. If you've polished off what you have right now and you're digging it, then by all means. Given Aaron's hesitance to resend/recover lost keys I doubt it would be practical to ask him to implement a key exchange system though. Here's what I'm getting at. Once someone buys your copy, transfering keys, at least publicly, may be difficult. In truth, it's easy to type out a line or two, day after game release / in the midst of hype, requesting someone fork over four extra large dominos pizzas on your behalf. A little waiting around can't hurt right? Please guys simmer down a couple notches.

Thumbs up +1

2019-11-04 02:34:37

@1
Doesn't look as if the payment went through. Are you able to provide an email address so I'm able to send without incurring the additional fee? Thanks.

Thumbs up

2019-11-04 03:04:49 (edited by Trajectory 2019-11-04 03:09:52)

@Cartertemm:
Thank you very much!
I have gone and edited my OP to remove the link and replace it with a direct email address.
To your questions: I do intend to be cautious in my selection. People who are unlikely to get the game ever due to unavailability of PayPal in their countries get priority, naturally.
I will also look at post count and how long somebody has been a member (so no creating alts to try and increase your chances).
And you have an excellent point, so I'll reiterate what you said: play the demo to completion folks.
I know what it was like to be underage. Convincing a parent to go to a store and by a game was one thing. Convincing them to buy something on the internet was another. Of corse that was more than ten years ago, technophobia today is not what it was then. That was just my own experience. I did get Super Liam and Judgement Day, but it took some convincing.
If you like this, spread it around. Let's make magical things happen!
PS: without a server based or otherwise more restrictive registration system, an official key transfer policy is kind of impossible.
To ensure people have done as you suggest, I propose the following: to be considered, you must private message me and describe something you experienced near the end of the demo. That will prove you played it through and still like it.

Thumbs up +1

2019-11-04 03:12:34

You know what? This is actually a really cool idea.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

Thumbs up

2019-11-04 03:16:16

Are you able to do online trading in the demo? If so, to prove that someone's actually played through the demo and finished it, you should have whoever gets drawn for a free game do an online trade with you, with a manamon that's holding an item that you only could've gotten by finishing the demo, like finishing the stadium or something (I haven't had the time to get there yet, so I don't know what that object might be).

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

Thumbs up +1

2019-11-04 03:21:46

Online is not available in the demo.
I suspect most people who are asking are doing so because they've already finished the demo and crave more, so this is probably not likely to be an issue.

Thumbs up

2019-11-04 03:31:40 (edited by jack 2019-11-04 03:34:04)

Unfortunately you can't do any online activities in the demo. That would've been a pretty solid mechanism for proving someone made their way through the demo. Too bad you can't do single use/temporary keys in BGT without online verification. Hopefully people will just be honest and not try to game the system (no pun intended).
By the way, just sent you a donation @Trajectory. U.S. folks, be prepared for an exchange conversion fee even if you're using your balance to donate. On the other side of the tracks, a reminder to pay to friends and family and not a goods and services transaction so Jordan doesn't end up paying fees as well.

Thumbs up +2

2019-11-04 03:40:32

Thank you very much jack! We're on the road to success!
re: online access and demo limitations.
As someone who now has experience programming net play servers, I feel qualified to say that allowing access to such things in a game's demo mode would be opening Pandora's box.
Unverified, unauthenticated, uncontrollable access, o my!

Thumbs up

2019-11-04 05:07:20

Update: Train's a rollin', folks!
Thanks Carter and Liam!
We're about to reach that first $30 milestone!
Every step is one step closer folks. Let's put smiles on faces!

Thumbs up +4